So... What's next?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What update would you like to see next?

Daily Challenges
11%
Achievement Diaries Rework
14%
Improved PvP Tournaments
4%
Upgradable Pets, Equipment & Dwarf Multicannon
12%
New Custom Boss
15%
Mimic Clue Scroll Boss
4%
Vote-system Revamp
40%

Total votes: 93

Patel
Advisor

Re: So... What's next?

Post by Patel » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm

For function - Votes

Otherwise - New Custom Boss. A Pkhonor unique is long overdue!

Bamf status
Premium Donator

Post by Bamf status » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Honestly these all sound awesome! Achievement Diaries would give veterans more to do, a new boss is always exciting, and upgradeable pets sounds like a cool idea. Voting system and pvp probably need the most attention, but you can't go wrong with any of this.
Awesome work, I'm excited to see these changes in game! Thanks for your time and effort.
---They Aint gonna give it to you, so go take it---

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Interested in none of these tbh :pokerface:

#capestopresets2k18
#Justice4Church

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:05 pm

Patel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm For function - Votes

Someone gets it! :)

Votes need a revamp. Not much to be said on that.

If we get a fun and VERY hard yet engaging boss that is tailored to PkH and our META, it'd be a massive "selling point". Some of the better pvmers in our community could help Thoby to make the ultimate PkH challenge even if you have an enchanted comp cape. The boss could drop awesome cosmetics that are also rare, instead of gear that would increase powercreep. Maybe some untradeable cosmetics so the big boy PvMers can flex on the noobs too and show off that they actually took down this boss rather than buying it. Stuff like Viturs design notes are awesome and sort of fitting in a OSRS/PkH context. As a RS lore freak I'd even love to help come up with stuff that makes sense in this context.

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:02 am

make a boss that requires cape slot item to fight gg

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:52 am

Pk gts wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:02 am make a boss that requires cape slot item to fight gg
it'd be pretty cool to have a boss that is optimized to be defeated by someone using curses. Like implementing a boss that has a 'spec' which can deal a ton of damage, but has to abide by some sort of spec bar just like we do. Thus, if you drain its special attack quickly enough, you can prevent that attack from occurring, at the cost of using something like turmoil for a little bit.

Alternatively (or in addition), do the same thing with run energy. Maybe the boss is initially stationary, and after taking X amount of damage, starts moving. It has a limited amount of run energy, and moves faster with run. If it's in melee range, it can hit you for a strong melee attack during some sort of 2nd phase. But if you drain its run energy beforehand in the previous phase you can keep moving out of melee range and hit it with projectiles. This way, by extension, even the regular whip spec has a tangible use during phase 1.

If we can't make curses totally free, we can make a special altar in the area that gives you curses for a discount for ~15 minutes. It would have to be somehow dangerous or in a later phase of the boss to ensure that people don't just teleport in and get constant discount curses.

Obviously these are just examples. But I think there are interesting ways to incorporate the content pkhonor has to offer. It could be a ripe opportunity to tie unite two historically disparate modes of play - the OSRS mode and the RS2 mode. With OSRS, we honestly don't have much of a meta. Those items are typically just a bit worse than RS2 ones (outside of use-cases). However, much of the new content is OSRS, made easier with PkHonor/RS2 gear & abilities.

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:59 am

I vote ::thread 80519!

Somedudedw
Premium Donator

Post by Somedudedw » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:14 am

I would love to full-send a rework to diaries and reset everyones comp capes, but realistically the vote update is hands down the most useful and important thing currently.

Kash

Post by Kash » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:44 am

Great options @Thoby!

Below are my thoughts on which should be priority, for what I believe would be best for the server (for existing players and new).
Thoby wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:13 pm
Vote-system Revamp: Revamp parts of the Vote system. It would enable the Vote-system for Ironmen, add a streak-system, a new interface, new rewards and (probably) a community goal. If successful, this would help with our vote-counts on the toplists.

Achievement Diaries Rework: A rework of the Achievement Diaries, revamping the current Wise Old Man achievements, Max/Comp cape Achievements and Wilderness achievements. This update will entirely re-write the existing system, with a neat need interface and new rewards. This revamp will also attempt to add some easy achievements that are oriented towards introducing the game to new players, spending some attention to the early game loop.

Daily Challenges: These will be daily tasks that you can complete for rewards. They will mostly be skiller-oriented, so think of something like 'Cut X magic logs' or 'Brew X overloads'. It will bring some new unique rewards.
The vote system, as mentioned by majority on this thread, gets a HELL YEAH from me.
Getting Pkhonor back to #1 spot should be priority and having a renewed system (allowing Ironmen and all that jazz) would totally get us up there.

In turn, the Achievement diaries rework & daily challenges (specifically the idea of the new interface) would help integrate new players to the OSRS game style and the server. Having small easy achievements to complete during the orientation would give them a taste of some of the many experiences Pkhonor has in store for them.
I bet they'll hit the ground running right after this!

From our last conversation, I believe I can also support you in creating quick/short Pkhonor-specific guide videos which can be integrated into the new interface for our new players.

Image <-- Click Here!

Ozymandias
Forum Addict

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Fungamer wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:05 pm
Patel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm For function - Votes

Someone gets it! :)

Votes need a revamp. Not much to be said on that.

If we get a fun and VERY hard yet engaging boss that is tailored to PkH and our META, it'd be a massive "selling point". Some of the better pvmers in our community could help Thoby to make the ultimate PkH challenge even if you have an enchanted comp cape. The boss could drop awesome cosmetics that are also rare, instead of gear that would increase powercreep. Maybe some untradeable cosmetics so the big boy PvMers can flex on the noobs too and show off that they actually took down this boss rather than buying it. Stuff like Viturs design notes are awesome and sort of fitting in a OSRS/PkH context. As a RS lore freak I'd even love to help come up with stuff that makes sense in this context.
You can't add a difficult boss to the game, because it will piss off noobs who can't play the game (90% of the current playerbase if my calculations are correct).
And before you say anything, yes the current osrs and pkh bosses all are piss easy for a reason.
Discord : ravifrombns