So... What's next?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What update would you like to see next?

Daily Challenges
11%
Achievement Diaries Rework
14%
Improved PvP Tournaments
4%
Upgradable Pets, Equipment & Dwarf Multicannon
12%
New Custom Boss
15%
Mimic Clue Scroll Boss
4%
Vote-system Revamp
40%

Total votes: 93

Thoby
Developer

So... What's next?

Post by Thoby » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi guys! Mike is still working on the Chambers of Xeric, and since I am wrapping up my latest update - which will hopefully go live soon - I was wondering on what you would like to see next! I will be starting a new project soon and I'd love to hear what you guys would be hyped about.
The poll above is filled with some random ideas that I heard around the community and some that I liked myself. Some projects are more work than others, but they are roughly similar. Feel free to just let me know which sounds the most exciting to you!

For some more context for each of the ideas:

Daily Challenges: These will be daily tasks that you can complete for rewards. They will mostly be skiller-oriented, so think of something like 'Cut X magic logs' or 'Brew X overloads'. It will bring some new unique rewards.

Achievement Diaries Rework: A rework of the Achievement Diaries, revamping the current Wise Old Man achievements, Max/Comp cape Achievements and Wilderness achievements. This update will entirely re-write the existing system, with a neat need interface and new rewards. This revamp will also attempt to add some easy achievements that are oriented towards introducing the game to new players, spending some attention to the early game loop.

Improved PvP Tournaments: A system for organizing PvP Tournaments more easily. It will introduce spawnable PvP gear that can be used within the tournaments, alongside a fun PvP-zone where you can train your PvP-skills against others in spawnable gear. This update will make it easier for staff to organize PvP tournaments, thus making it likely that these will be bigger and happen more often.

Upgradable Pets, Equipment & Dwarf Multicannon: A new system where you can upgrade pets, equipment and the Dwarf Multicannon with coins. This update will add an all-new interface where you can upgrade specific items. It will introduce new perks that improve the general gameplay experience and boost bonusses. The aim of this update would be to introduce a money sink while also providing cool new boosts.

New Custom Boss: An entirely new boss. Not going to spoil what I have in mind, but it would be an exciting group boss.

Mimic Clue Scroll Boss: This would add the Mimic boss. You would have a chance of obtaining the Mimic Casket, providing access to the boss. It would boost the rewards from your clue casket.

Vote-system Revamp: Revamp parts of the Vote system. It would enable the Vote-system for Ironmen, add a streak-system, a new interface, new rewards and (probably) a community goal. If successful, this would help with our vote-counts on the toplists.

Feel free to discuss below, or provide extra suggestions on what would be even more exciting than the things above! Keep in mind that I cannot say for sure that the most voted option will be the next to be implemented, but we will try our best!

Have a wonderful day!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

0 life fe
Premium Donator

Re: So... What's next?

Post by 0 life fe » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Chambers of Xeric.

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:25 pm

I'd like to vote for 4 of them.. more achievements for rewards, daily challenges, custom boss and vote system rework. Should be up next if not cox..

Edit: Also phasoni nightmare and instances would be dope.
Last edited by Iron ra on Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Znoxy

Post by Znoxy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:25 pm

voted for vote system update because its what the server needs the most at this current time compared to rest imo (include bh system/pkp too pls)

noxy

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:26 pm

Ngl I'd love to see a new, super hard boss. One that's even hard for ench comped players to kill. If refined well it could be so awesome. Especially if tied to a new quest. It obviously wont be pikachu's and shit like the other servers offer and slap the "custom boss" title on it, in case anyone would be concerned about it.

That, or upgradeable pets/equipment/cannon.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 pm

I personally have to go with the voting store revamp, not only because i need more items on my ironman..
but this would also make people vote WAY MORE and take pkhonor back to the top of vote sites by a landslide.
Can't wait for this update, it will be amazing.

Although, were you thinking of the items that church posted in This thread?
Or perhaps some other ones with some benefitial purposes I.E xp scrolls, drop scrolls?
Last edited by Empty on Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Forum Addict

Post by Ozymandias » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:33 pm

I thought Vinny was joking that CoX was still in development....

Is pathing a thing now or is it still collecting dust? (I am really curious)
Discord : ravifrombns

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:39 pm

Vote system update is most important for the server. We have been missing out on ironmen votes for too long. Everyone should be able to vote for rewards. The monetary reward for voting should not be big. Just a little boost for new players. What we need very badly in there is untradable cosmetic rewards that keep the long time players voting on a daily basis. The key here is untradable.

Good discussions already happened on these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=81909
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=78630
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=73559
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=76827
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=73559&start=10#p645599

Daily Challenges will be great for retaining players. Even when people have completed content, this will be something fresh that can be done on a daily basis.

The Achievement diary definitely needs to be reworked. It is one of those things that has 2010 development written all over it. I would want it to be remade in a way that keeps the PkHonor charm while making it less buggy and more relevant.

Don't waste time on the PvP tourneys. Until we have osrs pathing and combat, investing a lot of development time in to this would not help the server in the long run.

Idk what the upgradable cannon and equipment shit is but that sounds like some RS3 type stuff that we shouldnt do.

Order of Importance IMO:
Vote-system Revamp
Daily Challenges
Achievement Diaries Rework
New Custom Boss
Improved PvP Tournaments
Mimic Clue Scroll Boss
Upgradable Pets, Equipment & Dwarf Multicannon

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Ozymandias wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:33 pm I thought Vinny was joking that CoX was still in development....

Is pathing a thing now or is it still collecting dust? (I am really curious)
Pathing got a bunch of work. It's less scuffed than before but pathing in tile based games, specifically those with sources dating back to like 2010ish, is never going to be great.

OT: Can we get the tournament update (really just the spawnable pvp zone for now if that's easier) and the revamped vote shop to make a small push for some server growth and then do all the fun things after?

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Daily Challenges for me personally, but If I could vote on more I'd pick daily, new ahcievements and voting stuff