Nightmare special attacks - decisions, decisions

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should we implement all of the Nightmare's special attacks?

Curse: add like in OSRS
14%
Curse: do not add
7%
Parasites: add like in OSRS (along with Sanfew serum and Relicym's balm)
11%
Parasites: add but without the potions and make the parasites weaker than in OSRS
4%
Parasites: do not add
6%
Surge: add like in OSRS
17%
Surge: do not add
2%
Spores: add like in OSRS
18%
Spores: do not add
2%
If curse and parasites are not added: do not perform any special attacks in phase 2
6%
If curse and parasites are not added: add all special attacks to all phases
3%
If surge and spores are not added: do not perform any special attacks in phase 3
3%
If surge and spores are not added: add all special attacks to all phases
5%

Total votes: 143

Empty
Honor Player

Re: Nightmare special attacks - decisions, decisions

Post by Empty » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:02 pm

Mike wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:58 pm The former - you need to wait until the kill is finished before you can enter the room. The main reason for this is that the Nightmare's hitpoints is determined at the start of each phase and it would be easy to abuse this mechanic by having just one player start the fight (thus having the Nightmare at its minimum HP) and then have a lot of players join shortly after.
Secondly, it also prevents players who died from trying to attempt to kill it again with fresh food and potions. The goal is to kill it in one go with the team that started the fight. If the team fails, they will have to try again from the beginning. That's the whole challenge of the boss.
that's what i thought, thank you for the clarification!
although i still wanna do solos >:( ;)

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:30 pm

Empty wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:02 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:58 pm The former - you need to wait until the kill is finished before you can enter the room. The main reason for this is that the Nightmare's hitpoints is determined at the start of each phase and it would be easy to abuse this mechanic by having just one player start the fight (thus having the Nightmare at its minimum HP) and then have a lot of players join shortly after.
Secondly, it also prevents players who died from trying to attempt to kill it again with fresh food and potions. The goal is to kill it in one go with the team that started the fight. If the team fails, they will have to try again from the beginning. That's the whole challenge of the boss.
that's what i thought, thank you for the clarification!
although i still wanna do solos >:( ;)
I highly bet you would still be able to do solos

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Mike wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:23 pm Seeing as a lot of people appear to be in favor of the idea of solo or clan instances, I'll make sure to implement these in one of the next updates.
Make this asap man, There are literally skillcapers with rapiers, people without boots and gloves, craws bows afkers and people who multi log to leech of the people who put actual effort in this. This is literally just people piggy bagging off others who actually put effort in it. This is awful.

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Mike wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:23 pm Seeing as a lot of people appear to be in favor of the idea of solo or clan instances, I'll make sure to implement these in one of the next updates.
I really hope this is sooner than later, I'm in favor of most reasons just the true lack of experience/care to participate when you can afk with scythe, torva and ss on.(implementing where you can't be healed/do damage to boss while pillars are active wouldn't be a bad option) It really drives I and others mad that have the experience and are trying. I'm not concerned about alts if they're doing what's necessary for a team effort.

Maybe Phosani's Nightmare in the future ;).

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:12 am

Thierryu1 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:35 pm
Make this asap man, There are literally skillcapers with rapiers, people without boots and gloves, craws bows afkers and people who multi log to leech of the people who put actual effort in this. This is literally just people piggy bagging off others who actually put effort in it. This is awful.
It is really beyond me why this wasn't implemented with the original release...