Nightmare of Ashihama poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Please choose your preference for each question

Groups: separate groups for Ironman and regular players
2%
Groups: no separate groups, Ironman and regular players fight together
15%
HCIM: safe death for hardcore Ironman
3%
HCIM: dying as a hardcore Ironman makes you lose your status
12%
Entrance fee & dying: no entrance fee, keep all items on death for free
4%
Entrance fee & dying: always pay an entrance fee each fight, keep all items on death for free
1%
Entrance fee & dying : no initial entrance fee, keep all items on death but pay a fee to fight again whenever you die
11%
Donator/premium: available to all players for free
7%
Donator/premium: only available to donators
1%
Donator/premium: only available to premium members
4%
Donator/premium: free for donators, entrance fee for non-donators
1%
Donator/premium: free for premium members, entrance fee for non-premium members
5%
Drop chances: scale with group size (the individual drop rates are always the same regardless of group size)
15%
Drop chances: do not scale with group size (the larger the group, the lower the chance of an individual drop)
2%
MVP bonus droprate: no bonus drop rate for the player who dealt the most damage
2%
MVP bonus droprate: small bonus drop rate for the player who dealt most damage
15%

Total votes: 315

Mike
Programmer

Nightmare of Ashihama poll

Post by Mike » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:15 pm

I'm currently working to add the Nightmare of Ashihama into the game, which I am hoping to release within the next few days. However, a few things do need to be decided and I would like to know the community's preferences. We may still choose to implement it differently than the poll's outcome, but we would still like to know how everyone feels about certain mechanics.

The Nightmare is a special kind of group boss, where the hitpoints of the boss scale with the amount of players in the group. Likewise, the chance to receive a drop scales with the amount of damage that you dealt. A couple of things need to be decided:
  • Should there be two separate groups, one for Ironman (where you can only play alongside other Ironman) and one for regular players or should Ironman fight it alongside regular players? OSRS used to have separate groups for 2 weeks upon release, after which the idea was abandoned and Ironman and regular players fight it together. My preference goes toward fighting it together regardless of account type. Note that Honor players will not be able to join the fight (they can teleport there but will not be able to deal damage or receive aggro).
  • Should it count as a safe death for Hardcore Ironman?
  • Should it be a safe death in terms of items kept on death (just like Zulrah)? Should there be an entrance fee or a fee to fight again whenever you die?
  • Should it be available to all players or only to donators (or premium members)? Or should it be free for donators/premium members and have a fee for other players?
  • Should the drop chances scale with the group size or not? If not, then larger groups will result in a smaller individual chance to receive a drop. For example, if there is a group of 10 players and each kill there is a 1/1000 chance to drop a volatile orb, then each person will have a 1/10,000 chance to receive a volatile orb (assuming everyone dealt the same amount of damage). If it does scale with group size (as would be my personal preference), then each person will have a 1/1,000 chance to receive a volatile orb as drop. The reason I would be in favor of scaling it with group size, is because the hitpoints also scale with group size.
  • Should the person who dealt the highest damage receive a small drop rate bonus (just like in OSRS)?

Empty
Honor Player

Re: Nightmare of Ashihama poll

Post by Empty » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:30 pm

<3
EDIT: no matter what the community votes about safe deaths, i don't think it should be safe in any way since most of the things we have are already safe for example ToB, which is supposed to be endgame content, and you can just run there on a brand new hcim and be able to get a scythe and only go back for vials of blood whenever u need them.

it would be same with nooby hcims in nightmare getting bunch of volatile, harm and eldritch staves not to mention the inquisitor armour set.

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Thanks, and please make fire surge BIS there inorder to revive its content, its so underrated in our game, wrath runes useless, tome of fire useless. lets make them worthy again.

+No CHAOS COMP !@#^
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Arrsenic wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm Thanks, and please make fire surge BIS there inorder to revive its content, its so underrated in our game, wrath runes useless, tome of fire useless. lets make them worthy again.
it should forsure be BIS for the pillars, support 100%

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Ty Mike.. Ty so much @Mike. You mean so much to me.. Thank you for this .. tyy..

Black0utz
Premium Donator

Post by Black0utz » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:57 pm

will we have boss instances? how's that gonna to work?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:19 pm

If it does end up being not safe death, at least make the first week safe cause there are bound to be bugs no matter how hard you try.

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:33 pm

Arrsenic wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm Thanks, and please make fire surge BIS there inorder to revive its content, its so underrated in our game, wrath runes useless, tome of fire useless. lets make them worthy again.

On osrs fire surge became bis because of the harmonised staff, before that it was still sang staff that was most useful. Once the harmonised staff has been obtained, fire surge will, (should), automaticly become bis.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Brant wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:19 pm If it does end up being not safe death, at least make the first week safe cause there are bound to be bugs no matter how hard you try.
I don't think you should do it on your HCIM on release anyways, but that may just me.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:03 pm

Nazuths wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:42 pm
Brant wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:19 pm If it does end up being not safe death, at least make the first week safe cause there are bound to be bugs no matter how hard you try.
I don't think you should do it on your HCIM on release anyways, but that may just me.
I agree with Naztrodomis

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor