Nex pet

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

How should the Nex pet be obtained and should it have any special perks?

Drop: like any other boss pet (1/x chance)
19%
Drop: like any other boss pet (1/x chance), but with increased chance for each GWD pet you give to the Wise Old man
7%
Drop: first trade in all four GWD pets at the Wise Old Man before you have a chance at receiving the Nex pet at all
14%
Perks: no perks other than the usual boss pet perks (and a lucky version, of course)
7%
Perks: yes, but purely visual/cosmetic in nature
2%
Perks: yes, with one or more small but useful QoL feature(s)
14%
Perks: powerful ability/abilities
4%
Perk scope: only at Nex
10%
Perk scope: within the entire GWD
17%
Perk scope: all over the world
6%

Total votes: 230

Brant
Fanatic

Re: Nex pet

Post by Brant » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:28 am

Monys wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:23 am
Auspride wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:21 am My opinion is - I believe you should be able to receive from nex itself as a rare drop but you have to have handed in all 4 GWD pets to the wise old man first to be able to get it.
I also think there should be a teleport added to the pet so that you can tele straight to the bank outside the nex room instead of running there. Would be a cool addition added to it, make it more of an end game feeling.. make it so its hard to get and its more of a grind feeling.
Make the drop rate ridiculously rare like 1/5000 just like the ice diamond from frosts.
I agree with most except for the 1/5000 lol, that is absolutely insane. Not near my computer right now but I wonder how many accounts have that much KC or higher since next was released. Cannot be too many and it's been how many years? 10?

Edir: not to base rates off prior but that just seems too high even from if it was released today
Yeah I'm not spending almost 1000 hours just going for 1 pet

Frigate
Premium Donator

Post by Frigate » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:58 am

I like one of the suggestions about having a teleport option straight to Nex, but maybe have it dumbed down a little? Instead of having to use the Ancient Ceremonial set to skip KC, maybe the pet itself allows the KC skip. If we have to trade in all 4 pets before we get a chance at nex pet drop, the lucky pet bonus should apply at the corresponding GWD bosses e.g. Nex pet gives +16% drop bonus and also delays ALL GWD BOSSES.

Would be cool if Nex pet also has hammer and grapple built into it so u dont need those items to enter the boss rooms.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:03 am

Frigate wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:58 am I like one of the suggestions about having a teleport option straight to Nex, but maybe have it dumbed down a little? Instead of having to use the Ancient Ceremonial set to skip KC, maybe the pet itself allows the KC skip. If we have to trade in all 4 pets before we get a chance at nex pet drop, the lucky pet bonus should apply at the corresponding GWD bosses e.g. Nex pet gives +16% drop bonus and also delays ALL GWD BOSSES.

Would be cool if Nex pet also has hammer and grapple built into it so u dont need those items to enter the boss rooms.
Really like this, make nex pet all in 1 gwd boss

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 am

To be fair, the “special time” for the Nex pet has long passed. Nex isn’t a “wow” content anymore, especially when compared to raids and other end-game content from OSRS.

I do however like the trading of all 4 gwd pets in order to be able to obtain it. Maybe also make it the way CoX’s Olmlet works ( you can only obtain the pet if you also obtain an unique drop). Make it 1/5 rate for whenever you also get a ZGS? I have gotten 5 zaros godswords in ~ 1200 kc, so I’d say it is more than decent.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 pm

I'd agree with Respire that the 'special factor' of Nex has probably passed now. Nex isn't a particularly fun boss to deal with so having a pet which would help in that regard would be top of my list personally.

Regarding special perks, the only ones I would like to see personally would be the following;

- A teleport to the bank at Nex. This saves players literally 15 seconds, not a big deal.

- The pet would reduce the chance of Nex cancelling an overload by 50%.

- When entering the lair with the Nex pet it would 'weaken' the minions so you can kill them quicker, maybe a percentage decrease in their health.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Frigate wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:58 am I like one of the suggestions about having a teleport option straight to Nex, but maybe have it dumbed down a little? Instead of having to use the Ancient Ceremonial set to skip KC, maybe the pet itself allows the KC skip. If we have to trade in all 4 pets before we get a chance at nex pet drop, the lucky pet bonus should apply at the corresponding GWD bosses e.g. Nex pet gives +16% drop bonus and also delays ALL GWD BOSSES.

That was pretty much what I initially had in mind for the pet, plus or minus a perk or two.

Opinions seem pretty divided on the issue of how to obtain it. As such, I do have an alternative suggestion: have the Nex pet as a drop just like any other pet (somewhere along the lines of 1/300 perhaps), with one or two special abilities toward Nex and its minions, as suggested here. I yet have to settle on which perks those are exactly.

However, on top of being able to feed it an ex-ex-parrot, players may also have the ability to feed it any other GWD pet. For example, if you feed your Nex pet a Graardor Jr., it will also act as a (lucky) Graardor pet in the Bandos room. Feed it a Kree'Arra Jr. and it will also act as a (lucky) Kree'Arra pet in the Armadyl room etc.

It does mean I'll have to provide 32 different versions of the pet, but that's nothing that can't be done.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:55 pm

Not sure if it's too OP but I thought of the Nex pet stopping Nex's special attacks maybe? Idk just a thought if it gets hated on I can appreciate that too

Lukas opa
Premium Donator

Post by Lukas opa » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:11 pm

so amazing news! we waiting till now! 🤩❤️ :zoidberg:
hey!! My names is Lukas! I am playing Pk Honor since 2013 years, I am from Lithuania living in Kaunas, i am 26 old, love so much this server its best one! absolutely amazing company and friends here! keep it ❤️

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:23 pm

Isaac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 pm I'd agree with Respire that the 'special factor' of Nex has probably passed now. Nex isn't a particularly fun boss to deal with so having a pet which would help in that regard would be top of my list personally.

Regarding special perks, the only ones I would like to see personally would be the following;

- A teleport to the bank at Nex. This saves players literally 15 seconds, not a big deal.

- When entering the lair with the Nex pet it would 'weaken' the minions so you can kill them quicker, maybe a percentage decrease in their health.
I like these perks
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:23 pm
Isaac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 pm I'd agree with Respire that the 'special factor' of Nex has probably passed now. Nex isn't a particularly fun boss to deal with so having a pet which would help in that regard would be top of my list personally.

I like these perks