Teleblock & dragon spear mechanics

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should we alter teleblock and dragon spear mechanics?

Don't introduce teleblock immunity.
14%
Make someone immune against teleblock for 5 ticks (3 seconds) after teleblock has expired.
4%
Make someone immune against teleblock for 50 ticks (30 seconds) after teleblock has expired.
18%
Don't introduce immunity after a dragon spear special.
10%
Make players immune against stun for 1 tick and immune against freeze/bind/snare/entangle for 5 ticks after being stunned (how it currently is in OSRS).
20%
Allow players to be stunned & shoved while frozen.
13%
Don't allow players to be stunned while frozen.
9%
Don't allow players to be stunned while frozen and also make them immune against stun for 5 ticks (3 seconds) after being frozen.
12%

Total votes: 93

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: Teleblock & dragon spear mechanics

Post by Elon musky » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:11 pm

Isaac wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:38 pm
Elon musky wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:31 pm I really think you missed the point. The ability to re-tb someone isn’t the issue. The ability to completely immobilize someone to the point they are defenseless against a TB for an infinite amount of time is the unintended feature. If the intent behind a teleportation block was to be able continuesly do it without interruption, then there wouldn’t be a timer.

If we can’t agree that ‘it isn’t suppose to be an infinite function’, then there is no point in going back and forth about the method of abuse. We just view the whole mechanic differently.
I think I probably just addressed point 1 tbh.

My MAIN point was that infinitely TBing someone using the spell is perfectly fine and requires skill and timing.

However, although this is possible in OSRS, it is somewhat balanced because you must deal with a lot of variables (magic accuracy, timing etc) which on PkHonor don't really factor in because of OP gear.

Then you get into the spear/freeze mechanics which quite frankly I won't address because I don't know how it works in OSRS.

All I'm certain on is that skill and timing should be rewarded and there should be no such thing as a TB cooldown.
Let’s just agree to disagree.

My stance from the beginning is that this is an exploited game mechanic. If you wanna read more on it, then you can go to my original post.

Just because something is a challenge to do, doesn’t make it acceptable. Just because it is hard to exploit a game mechanic, doesn’t mean we should accept people exploiting game mechanics.

Edit: I will try to convey my point with other areas of the game that experienced similar situations.

1. Honors in the wilderness- players used to use Honor accounts to teleport and scout around the wilderness. Some would say that it took some level of intelligence to not only positions the honors in ways that they would be most effective, but to also get to the spot on a main account before the player can escape.

I use this as an example of players exploiting the honor account to avoid wilderness transportation limitations. This was removed by not allowing Honors in the wilderness, regardless of how much skill, preparation, or knowledge was required to execute it properly.

2. Honors scouting players offline- Players using an honor account to check inventories, teleport to, and check gear of players in order to predict what they were preparing to do, or actively doing.

This is another example of a player exploiting the mechanics of an Honor account for personal gain. Again, some would say that it takes some skill, preparation, planning, or intelligence to accurately predict what a player was doing or about to do, but that doesn’t provide an excuse for the exploitation of the account.

I hope these examples related well and kind of made sense.

Ayeno1
Premium Donator

Post by Ayeno1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Like its been reiterated, what's the point when all the pvmers will just cry for their spade and bones. Xsquire1 your points are a bit invalid, especially the link between tb timers and glacors. That is not an abuse of the mechanic, just knowing when to tb again. I mean we could just keep taking away the fun from pking and eventually actually change the server name to PVMhonor.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 am

Ayeno1 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:57 pm Like its been reiterated, what's the point when all the pvmers will just cry for their spade and bones. Xsquire1 your points are a bit invalid, especially the link between tb timers and glacors. That is not an abuse of the mechanic, just knowing when to tb again. I mean we could just keep taking away the fun from pking and eventually actually change the server name to PVMhonor.
Like it isn't pvmhonor 😂🤔

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 am
Ayeno1 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:57 pm Like its been reiterated, what's the point when all the pvmers will just cry for their spade and bones. Xsquire1 your points are a bit invalid, especially the link between tb timers and glacors. That is not an abuse of the mechanic, just knowing when to tb again. I mean we could just keep taking away the fun from pking and eventually actually change the server name to PVMhonor.
HAHAHAHAHA A JOKE FROM BEFORE YOUR TIME HAHAHAHAHA😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:22 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 pm
Stale fish1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 am
HAHAHAHAHA A JOKE FROM BEFORE YOUR TIME HAHAHAHAHA😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Joined in 2012 but ok, why are you so butthurt over me, want a signature or something smh