Max and completionist cape stats and requirements

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should we change max cape stats and (enchanted) comp cape stats and requirements?

Leave max cape stats as they are
20%
Lower max cape stats to what they are in OSRS
6%
Leave max cape requirements as they are
18%
Lower max cape requirements to only require 99 in all skills. Move all other max cape reqs to the comp cape.
7%
Leave completionist cape stats as they are
28%
Lower completionist cape stats to infernal cape stats +2 (so 6/3/3 offense, 14 defense, 10 str, 4 pray)
3%
Add Inferno, ToB and CoX as regular comp cape reqs
3%
Add Inferno, ToB and CoX as enchanted comp cape reqs, not as regular comp cape reqs
14%

Total votes: 202

Mike
Programmer

Re: Max and completionist cape stats and requirements

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:55 pm

Elon musky wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:53 am Sorry Mike,

But my brain quite comprehend all of the options above..... too many letters....

But what I was thinking about on my drive today, is to think of the Max and Comp capes and Good and excellent capes.... here is what I mean....
Spoiler: show
Melee attack bonus Tiers

Decent- Skill cape
Good- Max cape
Great- Fire cape
Excellent- Completionist cape
Best- Inferno cape

Range Attack bonus
Decent- Skillcaps
Good- Max cape
Great- Avas accumulator
Best- Avas Assembler

Magic attack bonus
Decent- Skillcaps
Good- Max cape
Great- God cape
Best- Imbued god cape
This structure would simply have stats to reflect these tiers (I’m tired so I cba right now showing proposed stats), and this doesn’t take into account any enchantments, just base cape stats.

This type of structure would force players to make sacrifices when choosing what cape to wear for what activities. Do they want Max DPS but sacrifice some defense? Do they want to do multiple activities without bringing cape switches?

Just a thought I had.
It's definitely an interesting path to consider. Clearly most within the community are not in favor of nerfing existing items (shocking, I know), but overall rebalancing and even buffing certain stats of newly introduced items may be the way to go here. I'll draft up some stats and see if there's any support for it.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:20 pm

Elon musky wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:53 am Sorry Mike,

But my brain quite comprehend all of the options above..... too many letters....

But what I was thinking about on my drive today, is to think of the Max and Comp capes and Good and excellent capes.... here is what I mean....
Melee attack bonus Tiers

Decent- Skill cape
Good- Max cape
Great- Fire cape
Best- Inferno cape

Range Attack bonus
Decent- Skillcaps
Good- Max cape
Great- Avas accumulator
Best- Avas Assembler

Magic attack bonus
Decent- Skillcaps
Good- Max cape
Great- God cape
Best- Imbued god cape
This structure would simply have stats to reflect these tiers (I’m tired so I cba right now showing proposed stats), and this doesn’t take into account any enchantments, just base cape stats.

This type of structure would force players to make sacrifices when choosing what cape to wear for what activities. Do they want Max DPS but sacrifice some defense? Do they want to do multiple activities without bringing cape switches?

Just a thought I had.
You're doing gods work bro. Been saying something similar for a while

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:19 am

@Patel
@Mike

You bois better enjoy this, because this took forever for me to figure out.

So if you’re only interested in the proposed stats I came up for the capes in the topic, it will be here:
Max cape
Attack bonuses
Stab: +4
Slash: +4
Crush:+4
Magic:+4
Range:+4

Defense bonuses
Stab:+15
Slash:+15
Crush:+15
Magic:+15
Range:+15

Other bonuses
Melee Strength: +4
Ranges Strength:+4
Magic damage:+2
Prayer:+5

Comp cape
Attack bonuses
Stab: +10
Slash:+10
Crush:+10
Magic:+10
Range:+8

Defense bonuses
Stab:+20
Slash:+20
Crush:+20
Magic:+20
Range:+20

Other bonuses
Melee Strength: +8
Ranges Strength:+6
Magic damage:+4
Prayer:+10
If you are interested in all of the rabalances and how I came up with these stats, here are the stats I propose for items I referenced in my last discussion.
Skillcapes
Lower defense stats from +9 to +8.
Lower prayer bonus from +4 to +2.

Firecape
Increase melee accuracies from +1 to +6.
Lower defense stats from +11 to +10.
Increase Strngth bonus from +4 to +6.

Inferno cape
Raise melee accuracies from +4 to +12.
Increase strength bonus from +8 to +10

Avas accumulator
Increase range accuracy from +4 to +6.
Increase range damage from +0 to +5.

Avas assembler
Increase range accuracy from +8 to +12.
Increase range damage from +4 to +8.

God capes
Increase magic damage from +0 to +2.

Imbued god capes
Increase magic damage from +2 to +6.
Now I know this may seem like a lot of buffs, but the only 2 things that would get a buff higher than seen ingame is Range accuracy by +2 on the Assembler and melee accuracies by +2 on the Inferno cape. Everything else is just rebalancing to make some things a bit better and some a bit worse to encourage gear diversity depending on activity.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 am

Still not a fan of changing stats of items that also exist in osrs. You want to be able to guess what your opponent can hit by looking at his gear. If you have to memorize all custom equipment stats that are different to osrs while it's the same item... What are you achieving then. I rather see our custom items adjusted because of that reason. Or even custom items added like the TokHaar-Kal-Ket to fill balance gaps.

I also don't see the need for this change since our current capes also brings long time player binding. Not just getting some item and be done with it but a longer grind that takes you trough all aspects of the game. What is so wrong about the current situation if almost everyone enjoys it, it's been fine for years and we can just rebalance the things that we already said were going to happen like bp nerf. Regular max and regular comp are just a very low percentage of your entire setup like <5% while things like chaos blowpipe are 80% of it. So jumping on that 5% like it's the root of all evil makes no sense.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:33 pm

The underdog wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 am Still not a fan of changing stats of items that also exist in osrs. You want to be able to guess what your opponent can hit by looking at his gear. If you have to memorize all custom equipment stats that are different to osrs while it's the same item...
That's the main reason I'm not entirely sure if changing OSRS item stats is the way to go, but it's something I'm willing to consider if the community is in favor of this approach. I'll also refer to my new poll where OSRS item stats are concerned.
However, the same reasoning goes for the max cape and our max cape stats are far better than in OSRS. 11 votes to change them to OSRS max cape stats, 26 votes to keep them as PkHonor stats. So there's a bit of a conundrum there. That's already one item which is different here than in OSRS and doesn't seem likely to change.

The underdog wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 am Regular max and regular comp are just a very low percentage of your entire setup like <5% while things like chaos blowpipe are 80% of it.
Chaos comp cape is obviously one of the strongest (if not the strongest) thing in the game, the increase in attack speed makes it an insane item in PvM. Back when we first introduced the cape, we intially put an exception in place where chaos comp would not increase the speed of the blowpipe, this was met with a lot of criticism from the community and we had to remove this exception.

What would you propose we change about the comp cape to keep it a great late-game item without being insanely strong in PvM as it is now? Because I'm not sure if I can come up with any proper ideas that the community is willing to support.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:33 pm

We should absolutely not be changing the stats of osrs item. We need to change the stats of our existing custom content so they are balanced around the osrs items.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:33 pm We should absolutely not be changing the stats of osrs item. We need to change the stats of our existing custom content so they are balanced around the osrs items.
dunt nerf muh custurms