Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Immediately unequip everyone's comp cape or introduce a 4 week "grace period"?

Unequip comp capes right away
16%
4 week grace period before unequipping and allow inside the inferno
41%
4 week grace period before unequipping, but do not allow inside the inferno
43%

Total votes: 80

Mike
Programmer

Re: Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:23 pm

Based on the numbers and the feedback so far, I have currently chosen to go with option 3 with a slight alteration: you have to beat the Inferno at least once without completionist cape (so it's fair for everyone), but once you manage to beat it once, you can wear one in the minigame.

Thank you to everyone for your votes and your input. Much appreciated!

Poar
Known Venturer

Post by Poar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:28 pm

Really depends on how hard the inferno will be in pkh, does every1 have to get it themselves? like is servicing not allowed on inferno capes etc like it is not allowed on 07?

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:39 pm

Mike wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:23 pm Based on the numbers and the feedback so far, I have currently chosen to go with option 3 with a slight alteration: you have to beat the Inferno at least once without completionist cape (so it's fair for everyone), but once you manage to beat it once, you can wear one in the minigame.

Thank you to everyone for your votes and your input. Much appreciated!
:headbang:
Poar wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:28 pm Really depends on how hard the inferno will be in pkh, does every1 have to get it themselves? like is servicing not allowed on inferno capes etc like it is not allowed on 07?
As far as I know there's no mechanism in place (or planned) for preventing servicing. I'd say it's a fairly safe assumption that that won't happen

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:40 pm

Can't wait to try this out. Very eager to learn how to do this minigame. Gotta start watching guides on yt

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 pm

15 votes for option 2 but goes to option 3 with 11 :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel:

I kid. I'm just a lazy noob PVMer who wants it easy but if it's going to be a challenge then so be it.

One question to ask to you Mike; Can I get the Infernal Cape serviced?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:53 pm

Isaac wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 pm 15 votes for option 2 but goes to option 3 with 11 :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel:

I kid. I'm just a lazy noob PVMer who wants it easy but if it's going to be a challenge then so be it.

One question to ask to you Mike; Can I get the Infernal Cape serviced?
Raw number of votes is not the only thing that counts, we also take into account the reasoning behind it (as with all our polls). The numbers were pretty close either way.

Servicing is allowed within the confines of our guidelines, we provide no guarantees if an account is hacked during a service and we highly recommend to use the official format for this.

Poar
Known Venturer

Post by Poar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:58 pm

Also please make a slayer perk allowing players to turn inferno task on and off after doing it once without a task, this way it doesnt cost you a block but pet hunters have an slight edge

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:02 pm

@Mike do you plan to allow players to skip waves with tokkul like we can in the fight caves? Or maybe allow this after completing the Inferno once? Just curious on your thoughts, also I think if we add it as a slayer task we should have the option to disable it. It's not like the fight caves where it's super easy, and it's very difficult to complete the inferno and could take a long time if we can't skip waves, having my slayer grind hault because I don't have 1-2 hours to put aside to attempt to complete the Inferno would suck imo
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Any word on release time @Mike ?

Vitoc
Premium Donator

Post by Vitoc » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:39 pm

First off, I want to be clear: I welcome and support any new content added to the server.

I have some trouble supporting the idea that inferno should even be a requirement of the completionist cape. If the inferno is anything like it is on OSRS, I predict that I will be attempting the inferno countless times in the coming weeks. On both OSRS and RS3 (I understand that direction of this server is a bit different), PVM is not a requirement for the max cape or the completionist cape (correct me if I'm wrong)[1][2][3]. Instead of completing inferno being a requirement for the completionist cape, I would like to propose the idea that a inferno cape can be combined with either a comp cape or max cape providing a noticeable stat boost. Might be a bit too late on this suggestion.

REF:
1. https://runescape.wiki/w/Completionist_cape
2. https://runescape.wiki/w/Max_cape
3. https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Max_cape