Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Immediately unequip everyone's comp cape or introduce a 4 week "grace period"?

Unequip comp capes right away
16%
4 week grace period before unequipping and allow inside the inferno
41%
4 week grace period before unequipping, but do not allow inside the inferno
43%

Total votes: 80

Raj
Developer

Re: Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

Post by Raj » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:41 pm

Vitoc wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:39 pm First off, I want to be clear: I welcome and support any new content added to the server.

I have some trouble supporting the idea that inferno should even be a requirement of the completionist cape. If the inferno is anything like it is on OSRS, I predict that I will be attempting the inferno countless times in the coming weeks. On both OSRS and RS3 (I understand that direction of this server is a bit different), PVM is not a requirement for the max cape or the completionist cape (correct me if I'm wrong)[1][2][3]. Instead of completing inferno being a requirement for the completionist cape, I would like to propose the idea that a inferno cape can be combined with either a comp cape or max cape providing a noticeable stat boost. Might be a bit too late on this suggestion.

REF:
1. https://runescape.wiki/w/Completionist_cape
2. https://runescape.wiki/w/Max_cape
3. https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Max_cape
Yeah I said this too like a fairly long time ago but it is what it is

Here's like 3 posts with a brief case made for each side: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82228&p=727035&hil ... no#p727035

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Raj wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:41 pm
Vitoc wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:39 pm First off, I want to be clear: I welcome and support any new content added to the server.

I have some trouble supporting the idea that inferno should even be a requirement of the completionist cape. If the inferno is anything like it is on OSRS, I predict that I will be attempting the inferno countless times in the coming weeks. On both OSRS and RS3 (I understand that direction of this server is a bit different), PVM is not a requirement for the max cape or the completionist cape (correct me if I'm wrong)[1][2][3]. Instead of completing inferno being a requirement for the completionist cape, I would like to propose the idea that a inferno cape can be combined with either a comp cape or max cape providing a noticeable stat boost. Might be a bit too late on this suggestion.

REF:
1. https://runescape.wiki/w/Completionist_cape
2. https://runescape.wiki/w/Max_cape
3. https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Max_cape
Yeah I said this too like a fairly long time ago but it is what it is

Here's like 3 posts with a brief case made for each side: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82228&p=727035&hil ... no#p727035
I'll speak about the rs3 since that's my Forte atm. The comp cape does require combat in order to achieve, especially the trimmed comp, which is our enchanted comp. A good solution in my opinion is to make it only a requirement for the trimmed comp cape and not the regular comp cape.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Brant wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:46 pm I'll speak about the rs3 since that's my Forte atm. The comp cape does require combat in order to achieve, especially the trimmed comp, which is our enchanted comp. A good solution in my opinion is to make it only a requirement for the trimmed comp cape and not the regular comp cape.
I wouldn't disagree. You could even make a similar case for PK diaries. Whatever increases the number of players who can viably go for comp helps our player base in my opinion. However you can also keep everyone from having the most OP gear by doing it that way

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:51 pm

Elon musky wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:21 pm Please please please.

Do not allow current comp capers ability’s that the rest of the non comped community can not afford.

Allowing current comp capers to complete the inferno with their comp capes, but requiring the rest of the community to complete the inferno without the assistance of a comp cape would be a spit in the face to the new players.

The only 2 equal solutions are:

Don’t make it a comp cape requirement and allow players to complete the inferno with the assistance of a comp cape.

Or

Make the inferno a comp cape requirement, every player complete the inferno atleast 1 time without a comp cape. Then further runs can be done with comp capes.

Because most of the forums users are comp caped, the poll will be somewhat biased, so hopefully you rely for heavily on the player feedback rather than pure numbers.
To be honest this is how I feel about the inferno. I already have an ench comped acc but in a way I feel that if everyone is aloud to use a comp cape the first try it will get rid of the whole reason inferno should be released. As a challenge. When thinking about it being a comp requirement I’d hope if it was implemented that everyone had to complete it on a fair playing field (meaning no comps at first until it’s been completed). Along with that it should be challenging to obtain a comp cape so with the implementation of inferno I think it would fit perfectly. To be honest I’m not even that good of a player. I don’t use f keys or anything like that so maybe this will make me learn how to use f keys and make me a better player. You could implement a grace period for those who have comp but they shouldn’t be able to take it into the inferno.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:03 pm

Mike wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:23 pm Based on the numbers and the feedback so far, I have currently chosen to go with option 3 with a slight alteration: you have to beat the Inferno at least once without completionist cape (so it's fair for everyone), but once you manage to beat it once, you can wear one in the minigame.

Thank you to everyone for your votes and your input. Much appreciated!
I like that. Seems like a fair compromise without making it too easyscape.

Will there be an open test server before it is released so we can check for bugs?

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:07 pm

I concur with Adam. I'm super super excited for inferno, but would it be the worst thing if we got like a one week inferno test server? A small delay all things considered, and a good chance for experienced osrs players to find bugs and lower skill players to have the ability to just dick around inside and still mayb find bugs.

Kagens
Premium Donator

Post by Kagens » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm

I truly dont like the fact that it is a comp req. seing as its a extremely hard thing and based on osrs.. alot of people just cant do it. might even make noobs like me quit after ive dedicated so much time into getting comp and close to enchanted just to have it taken away by something i might not be able to do.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Kagens wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm I truly dont like the fact that it is a comp req. seing as its a extremely hard thing and based on osrs.. alot of people just cant do it. might even make noobs like me quit after ive dedicated so much time into getting comp and close to enchanted just to have it taken away by something i might not be able to do.
Damn almost like some genius wrote a full post about this like a minute ago (viewtopic.php?f=134&t=82323)
Although I guess if you also want an enchanted comp then that post doesn't apply but I've brought up before and unfortunately I think we're getting what we're getting, but if that changes I'll actually be happily surprised
Church wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:07 pm I concur with Adam. I'm super super excited for inferno, but would it be the worst thing if we got like a one week inferno test server? A small delay all things considered, and a good chance for experienced osrs players to find bugs and lower skill players to have the ability to just dick around inside and still mayb find bugs.
I don't know why we would need a test server if people can use their comps outside of the minigame. At that point the real server is the test server, and if its broken people just won't play it.

Kagens
Premium Donator

Post by Kagens » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:22 pm

Raj wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 pm
Kagens wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm I truly dont like the fact that it is a comp req. seing as its a extremely hard thing and based on osrs.. alot of people just cant do it. might even make noobs like me quit after ive dedicated so much time into getting comp and close to enchanted just to have it taken away by something i might not be able to do.
Damn almost like some genius wrote a full post about this like a minute ago (viewtopic.php?f=134&t=82323)
Ahh so just because someone else wrote something like that im not allowed to give my oppinion aswell? makes sence.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:25 pm

I’m mean that was also the case for me when it came to the pk part of the wildy diary. But just like that, if you’re not able to complete this yourself, there is always an option to pay for a service.