Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Immediately unequip everyone's comp cape or introduce a 4 week "grace period"?

Unequip comp capes right away
16%
4 week grace period before unequipping and allow inside the inferno
41%
4 week grace period before unequipping, but do not allow inside the inferno
43%

Total votes: 80

Silliekill
Honor Player

Re: Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

Post by Silliekill » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:53 pm

If comp will be allowed in the inferno now, might aswell not make it a comp requirement then.

G2lumbinub
Premium Donator

Post by G2lumbinub » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:08 pm

Not to be a smartass or anything, but arent you doing the exact same thing now? But hey, I'm just a simple noob.

On topic: I would love to try inferno with comp cape, but yeah that would be a disadvantage to the non comp'ed people so no grace period seems to be the most fair option.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:17 pm

G2lumbinub wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:08 pm Not to be a smartass or anything, but arent you doing the exact same thing now? But hey, I'm just a simple noob.
You're right, it's just that this sort of stuff can get really on my nerves. It's really demotivating when someone posts that kind of comments. Thank you for bringing to my attention that I should handle this differrently.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:21 pm

Please please please.

Do not allow current comp capers ability’s that the rest of the non comped community can not afford.

Allowing current comp capers to complete the inferno with their comp capes, but requiring the rest of the community to complete the inferno without the assistance of a comp cape would be a spit in the face to the new players.

The only 2 equal solutions are:

Don’t make it a comp cape requirement and allow players to complete the inferno with the assistance of a comp cape.

Or

Make the inferno a comp cape requirement, every player complete the inferno atleast 1 time without a comp cape. Then further runs can be done with comp capes.

Because most of the forums users are comp caped, the poll will be somewhat biased, so hopefully you rely for heavily on the player feedback rather than pure numbers.

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Honestly I don't mind any of the outcomes. I'm just looking forward to doing it.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Edit: disregard the old wall of text I had here I literally can't read. Number 3 is clearly elite. Number 1 isn't bad if Inferno is guaranteed to have no bugs. 2 doesn't make sense if it's a comp requirement but if going with number 2 means it comes out sooner then ok

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Sad our community doesn't want a fun challenge for once and instead go for option 3. But oh well, it's pkh... p2 is ok I GUESS...
Last edited by Thierryu1 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Elon musky wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:21 pm Because most of the forums users are comp caped, the poll will be somewhat biased, so hopefully you rely for heavily on the player feedback rather than pure numbers.
Quite right. But that doesn't make the choice any easier for us.

Bamf status
Premium Donator

Post by Bamf status » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:15 pm

My thoughts:

- You should have to beat inferno once WITHOUT comp cape
- Once you beat it without, you should be allowed to use comp cape in there for future runs and have it as a slayer task. I think this is fair because we also don't have all the BIS gear OSRS has such as Twisted bow, kodai, etc.
- It should be a comp cape requirement
- Comp capes should NOT be allowed into inferno until you beat it. (As much as it pains me to say since I am Big Noob)

Thanks for asking for community feedback! Looking forward to new content.
---They Aint gonna give it to you, so go take it---

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:17 pm

Option 3, everyone hates having their comp gone right out of the blue. However if inferno is a requirement for comp then it shouldn't work in inferno. That's the only fair thing to do.

Then yes after you've beat inferno and thus can unlock comp you should be able to bring comp for your next runs. Option 1 also fine for consistency.

I think if it's really too hard for some reason that comp capes should be allowed after all to prevent it being a servicing fest. But that should only be talked about after weeks/months have passed. And on a second thought it's probably a non issue.
#Justice4Church