Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Immediately unequip everyone's comp cape or introduce a 4 week "grace period"?

Unequip comp capes right away
16%
4 week grace period before unequipping and allow inside the inferno
41%
4 week grace period before unequipping, but do not allow inside the inferno
43%

Total votes: 80

Mike
Programmer

Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:15 am

With some luck, I may be able to release the Inferno today, but there are some smaller improvements I want to include, so I may have to postpone the release until tomorrow.

Either way, I was considering to introduce a 4 week "grace period" during which players can still equip their completionist cape even if they had not yet beaten the Inferno. After 4 weeks , your completionist cape would be automatically unequipped until you beat the Inferno at least once.

However, there have been suggestions to unequip everyone's completionist cape right on release, so that nobody can bring a completionist cape to the minigame.

I'll leave the choice up to the community. Cast your votes!

[Edit] I have added an extra poll option where players would still be allowed to wear them for 4 weeks, but not inside the inferno.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Re: Completionist cape on Inferno release: instant removal or grace period?

Post by Silliekill » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 am

If inferno is going to be a requirement for comp then I personally think comp capes should be unequipped immediately. Why give current comp owners a benefit now to do inferno with comp for 4 weeks compared to the people that want to get the cape in the future. But let's see how the rest of the community think about this. I'm excited for the new update anyway!

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:14 pm

I think a grace period would be okay, but only if players would still be unable to equip it inside the Inferno. It would be very unfair if some players would be able to complete the Inferno a first time with a Completionist cape, while all the others would will have to do it without.

But to be honest; we haven't had a grace period before, it hasn't been a problem then, so I don't really think we need one now.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:17 pm

If someone completes Inferno at least once, will they have then the opportunity to unlock Inferno as a slayer task? That's how it works on OSRS.

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:55 pm

vote no :)
Last edited by Korasi2 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Thoby wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:14 pm I think a grace period would be okay, but only if players would still be unable to equip it inside the Inferno. It would be very unfair if some players would be able to complete the Inferno a first time with a Completionist cape, while all the others would will have to do it without.

But to be honest; we haven't had a grace period before, it hasn't been a problem then, so I don't really think we need one now.
This, nobody should have an advantage because they are already comped but for those who don't want to/can't this gives them a timeframe until the relevant services can be completed

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:33 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:17 pm If someone completes Inferno at least once, will they have then the opportunity to unlock Inferno as a slayer task? That's how it works on OSRS.
I have not yet decided on whether or not to turn this into a slayer task (after completing it at least once), I'll probably leave that choice up to the community as well in a separate poll.

Update: I have added an extra poll option (whether to allow comp capes in the inferno or not), however that does mean all current votes have been reset. Please re-vote based on the current options.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:37 pm

Please give me a grace period or I'll never get this done xD

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 pm

My general opinion would be: let everyone try the inferno without a comp cape. This way it'll be a huge challenge for everyone to get the hang of it.

But as a UIM, I have to say: I hope it'll be possible without my comp and little inventory space. Because no comp will make a significant difference, surely with 0 knowledge.

Nonetheless, I look forward to the challenge and can agree with both situations.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:12 pm

pog