Instant equipment switching - yay or nay?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should players be able to instantly switch their equipment, or only once every game tick?

Allow instant equipment switching (the way it was before today's update)
55%
Process equipment switching every game cycle, the way OSRS does it (the way it is at this very moment)
45%

Total votes: 64

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Re: Instant equipment switching - yay or nay?

Post by Iron bubble » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:38 am

Anyone who’s saying Instant switching is the way to go is clearly more interested about suddenly being less adequate in PvP situations than before, than actually caring about the switches. Switching that cycles through game ticks is more harder to do, requires better timing with ticks, and that’s why the pkers on here are crying because instant switching is all they’ve known. Instant switching was a BUG, not something that “we did better” L0L
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:01 am

If attacks aren't instant then functionally it doesn't matter. A 2 tick switch with tick switching takes 2 ticks then a tick for the attack animation. On instant switching it takes... 2 ticks then a tick for the attack animation. Same for a 1 tick switch, or a 3 tick switch, in literally any case the attack happens on the same tick with whatever switching you use. It's visual at best with no impact on attck speed. Unless the issue is with defensive stats. But literally who cares. It creates a higher skill ceiling.

Ziekenhuis
Premium Donator

Post by Ziekenhuis » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:42 pm

Insta switching is hella bug and should def be removed. It makes no sense to keep it here since it won’t attract any pkers from osrs or other servers. We will keep this low base of idiot pkers who don’t want change since they are used to instant switching. In the long term osrs switching could attract more players and feed the server in general.

Think about longterm vs short term, it takes a bit to get used to osrs switching, but it is valuable for the server in the long term.

Smh bunch of conservatives

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 am No we shouldn’t. Lmao it actually messes up the game more and more as I continue to play, there is a lot of downsides and it should be reverted ASAP, In my opinion...
Yes you should... All we want to know is what people prefer for switching. How stupid is it to say: I prefer OSRS switching but because of some bug or other change that was introduced in the same update I'm gonna vote the exact opposite of what I prefer. -.-

We are not asking you to choose between how it was before and how it is now. It's not an all-or-nothing package deal. Don't assume that it's impossible to have both OSRS switching and instant banking/withdrawing at the same time. Just tell us which form of switching you prefer so we can work on making everything else as smooth as possible with that form of switching. It's really important that we get your preference on this without being biased by anything else, or we'll just end up going down the wrong path.

Basically try to vote as you would have before the update.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:14 pm

Gotta give the server a break coz it can't process my lightning fast switches, probably costs half of the cpu usage. Also finding this more annoying during pvming.
Iron bubble wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:38 am Anyone who’s saying Instant switching is the way to go is clearly more interested about suddenly being less adequate in PvP situations than before, than actually caring about the switches. Switching that cycles through game ticks is more harder to do, requires better timing with ticks, and that’s why the pkers on here are crying because instant switching is all they’ve known. Instant switching was a BUG, not something that “we did better” L0L
But what makes the osrs version better, just the fact osrs has it. Nothing else really. If you can't keep up with my instant switches dw bro there's entire clans with the same issue.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Honestly I'm not sure why people think this exact feature will attract new PKers, it's such a non-argument. If we really want to attract more PKers, we have to make the combat system identical to that of OSRS which I'm personally very much against, this would include slingshotting, delayed walking, delayed animations, removing curses and what not. Simply this one feature won't change anything for the player count, it only affects the PKers that are currently playing the game, which are not the people in favour of this change.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:47 pm
Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 am No we shouldn’t. Lmao it actually messes up the game more and more as I continue to play, there is a lot of downsides and it should be reverted ASAP, In my opinion...
Yes you should... All we want to know is what people prefer for switching. How stupid is it to say: I prefer OSRS switching but because of some bug or other change that was introduced in the same update I'm gonna vote the exact opposite of what I prefer. -.-

We are not asking you to choose between how it was before and how it is now. It's not an all-or-nothing package deal. Don't assume that it's impossible to have both OSRS switching and instant banking/withdrawing at the same time. Just tell us which form of switching you prefer so we can work on making everything else as smooth as possible with that form of switching. It's really important that we get your preference on this without being biased by anything else, or we'll just end up going down the wrong path.

Basically try to vote as you would have before the update.
Sorry I had misunderstood your originally reply when I quoted you, I personally think that it should be an complete reversal though. Pking is super odd and not enjoyable for myself anymore, eating is super odd because it works on a tick system so you don’t know if you’re double eat will go rocktail - brew - or if you ate to early where you only sip the brew.
Previously you would have the instant visual of the food disappearing so you knew to then proceed in clicking on your brew or super restore etc now it’s a guessing game if you’ve previously ate or if you got unlucky and ate your rocktail at 0.5sceconds into the tick.

I am an (up until this update) was an active pker and since this update I’ve done 2 NH fights at duel arena and since then refuse to pk because it feels laggy and choppy.

I do however feel bad because clearly you and mike had put work into this update however the majority of players just prefer it to be switched back to normal instant switching/eating/banking.

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:25 pm

yes