Instant equipment switching - yay or nay?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should players be able to instantly switch their equipment, or only once every game tick?

Allow instant equipment switching (the way it was before today's update)
55%
Process equipment switching every game cycle, the way OSRS does it (the way it is at this very moment)
45%

Total votes: 64

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: Instant equipment switching - yay or nay?

Post by Elon musky » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm

Ahmed elrahi wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 am Basically if you’re trying to attract new people then leave it.

If you’re trying to accommodate old players that have no plans on leaving anyways then change it back.
This sums the argument up for me. People enjoy pking MORE on OSRS, so why not make out pking more like OSRS?

I’ve always said that the development team needs to pick a path..... Keeping its loyal players happy, or making the game better for new incoming players.... It is nearly impossible to do both of these things perfectly balanced, and this update shows that they care about accommodating the incoming players which I 100% SUPPORT .

Now if we can just tweak the update to not effect things such as banking and looting, then we are cooking with grease!

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:09 pm

If PkH were an OSRS clone people would just play one of the other OSRS clones with more players. Not to be negative but it's just what it is. The custom features that absolutely no one else is doing is what makes people (or at least me and a good few people I know) enjoy this server. Just saying

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Back when you could insta switch, you were able to stack chaos and soul whip/ capes to get both effects. Was one of my favourite bugs to abuse.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Troll n roll wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm Back when you could insta switch, you were able to stack chaos and soul whip/ capes to get both effects. Was one of my favourite bugs to abuse.
dang, they fixed that? I'm sad. I use to use that also

Pk3er97
Premium Donator

Post by Pk3er97 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:52 pm

I don't really care how ever the gear switches. I'm used to both ways....

What really matters to me is how the special attacks of the granite maul affect the PK'ing with the new ticks...

Granite maul has an instant spec, where as in OSRS there's a 1 tick delay between Hits & Specs.

The Problem with this? Since the Ticks have been implemented, you can't eat granite maul specs anymore as they're instant.

Before this update, you could (if fast enough) Double or even tripple eat the granite maul specs. Now if your opponent hits on let's say the very first 0,1 to 0,2 secconds of a tick cycle And instant granite maul in the next 0,2 to 0,3 secconds of the tick cycle you can't even out eat... that's because the food will take a tick to register... So, if you saw a 40k+ XP Drop on a whip hit and switch to granite maul and double spec really quick it's now un eatable... Literally impossible to eat.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:08 pm

lol changed my mind again this update nerfed con exp

Could kill peoples desire to grind 46b and I'm against that.

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:09 pm

Please put it back to how it was before. We dont need to directly copy OSRS on every single thing.
This update is a Construction nerf :\

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:21 am

Church wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:08 pm lol changed my mind again this update nerfed con exp

I suggest we stick to answering the question that's being polled: whether we should have instant switching, not the other unintended side effects of the current implementation.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:21 am
Church wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:08 pm lol changed my mind again this update nerfed con exp

I suggest we stick to answering the question that's being polled: whether we should have instant switching, not the other unintended side effects of the current implementation.
No we shouldn’t. Lmao it actually messes up the game more and more as I continue to play, there is a lot of downsides and it should be reverted ASAP, In my opinion...

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:46 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:21 am

Yea Church. We just wanna know if we want the medicine or not! We don’t wanna hear about those stupid side effects!