Instant equipment switching - yay or nay?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should players be able to instantly switch their equipment, or only once every game tick?

Allow instant equipment switching (the way it was before today's update)
55%
Process equipment switching every game cycle, the way OSRS does it (the way it is at this very moment)
45%

Total votes: 64

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Instant equipment switching - yay or nay?

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:34 am

Church wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:33 am
Iron adam wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:31 am I like the osrs way for switching, but this change also seems to affect other things. Just withdrawing items and moving between interfaces also has this delay. It makes the game feel much more choppy and laggy. This was one of the things I liked about pkhonor compared to osrs. It was always so much smoother. I say revert it to the old way. Sorry pkers!
I don't know if it's possible but what if they could make it partially delayed partially instant? Have inventory switches be like osrs but have everything else smoother?
that would be acceptable imo, but i feel like that is not possible or doesn't make sense.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:52 am

I never understood why making things more slow paced is better. Is there a specific reason why osrs does it this way? Because if the argument is it's always been like that on osrs then yeah its always been instant for pkhonor. It's like going from 120fps to 30fps. We can learn to play on 30fps but it just hits you like a step down. If you switch servers every other day and thus the feel doesn't match that well shouldn't mean more pkh loyal players should suffer.

I really like the instant switching and it makes you forget that your ping is trash. One of the things pkhonor is superior in compared to osrs. It was best of both worlds by having the gear on your character switch on the tick while the interfaces remain instantaneous.

It's a bad change for the 99%, players that don't pk just get slower interfaces and switches feel less smooth. Players that do pk were used to what we had, many preferred the instantaneous switching. And whoever cares enough about this is not pking here, but on osrs anyway and for other reasons than this.

It also was suggested as a toggle because the person that suggested it knows its just getting used to the new situation. But if possible then he'd prefer osrs since that's what he is used to.

If you vote for anything leave ur argumentation please.
#Justice4Church

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 am

Leave it matching OSRS, this is a great update for PvP. PkH seems to be in its own world when it comes to PKing and so players like me who don't only Pk on this server get tasked with having to get use to Pkh mechanics every time they log on to fight. And then when you go elsewhere you have to adjust again. Also thinking about incoming Pkers this would def help keep them here because its a crucial aspect of Pking that they are familiar with.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:35 am

Vik wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 am Leave it matching OSRS, this is a great update for PvP. PkH seems to be in its own world when it comes to PKing and so players like me who don't only Pk on this server get tasked with having to get use to Pkh mechanics every time they log on to fight. And then when you go elsewhere you have to adjust again. Also thinking about incoming Pkers this would def help keep them here because its a crucial aspect of Pking that they are familiar with.
Are you not banned kid? Gtfo my server

Edit: basically this, most of the older, better pkers jump on every now and then but are instantly put off as pking on here is in like any other server (which is a bad thing not a good thing) it seems a lot of the people who disagree are those who've never played anywhere else and want to keep the little bit of an advantage they currently have in the PvP scene

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:42 am

I'm not a pker but I've always enjoyed the instant switching we had. I think it is one of the things we do better than OSRS. Doing things the same as OSRS is usually a good thing but not everything has to be the same as OSRS. This is one of the things we should keep which is different because it is better.

Ahmed elrahi
Donator

Post by Ahmed elrahi » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 am

Vik wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 am Leave it matching OSRS, this is a great update for PvP. PkH seems to be in its own world when it comes to PKing and so players like me who don't only Pk on this server get tasked with having to get use to Pkh mechanics every time they log on to fight. And then when you go elsewhere you have to adjust again. Also thinking about incoming Pkers this would def help keep them here because its a crucial aspect of Pking that they are familiar with.
This should be the biggest argument and the only thing that truly matters.

ATTRACTING MORE PLAYERS.

anyone on here pvmers/skillers/pkers/merchers can get used to the new update (97% of them probably play osrs anyways).

Obviously I was accustomed to the instant switches aswell but being in the pk community I can confidently say most people will get turned off by the old pkhonor compared to now and not want to play solely for that reason.

Basically if you’re trying to attract new people then leave it.

If you’re trying to accommodate old players that have no plans on leaving anyways then change it back.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:57 am

What kind of player base does OSRS have where a choppy delayed game is desirable, Jesus

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:43 am

To be fair, I must agree with Adam and Ahmed, while it is slightly annoying and most of us got used to the instant switching, the way it is now it's what most of RS's base knows, tick based switching. I'd say, if somehow possible, leave tick based switching as it is right now, but somehow alter it so that whenever we try to bank\withdraw items from our banks, we have the instant switching.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:27 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:31 am I like the osrs way for switching, but this change also seems to affect other things. Just withdrawing items and moving between interfaces also has this delay. It makes the game feel much more choppy and laggy. This was one of the things I liked about pkhonor compared to osrs. It was always so much smoother. I say revert it to the old way. Sorry pkers!
That was also the idea behind this update, but it looks like banking/withdrawing and switching items between interfaces does not work as smoothly as intended. I'll be sure to look into this either way.

Kidnamer
Honor Player

Post by Kidnamer » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:40 pm

There's also an issue in the code being taken items out of the bank, and it takes like 2 extra ticks to appear into inventory, and especially is you try to do it fast, also picking up items from bosses. depositing items also! have an issue. So, that's the issue that I see and wish to be looked at over mods and as well, owners, please & Thanks!
Kidnamer Was Here. :D