Protection prayers in PvP and PvM

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Church
Premium Donator

Re: Protection prayers in PvP and PvM

Post by Church » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:27 am

I don't play OSRS but I think the server should follow them on the base game mechanics and then build on top of it as necessary. I'll go with Adam on this, I trust him (sometimes)

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:28 am

I think where the problem with prayers in Pvm is most prevalent is at zulrah jad phase for me it's literally impossible to pray correctly and I will get hit by both attacks, no matter how quickly I swap prayers.

Another place where it's noticeable is at alchemical hydra, on the last phase where it does one attack of each style. I have to swap prayers to deflect the next attack before the previous attack even hits me. (Happy to provide videos of both circumstances if it helps). Keeping in mind I'm from Australia and have like 340ms

Edit: shower thought, chaos elemental also has this problem, afaik it's either not possible or I'm a shit gamer (probably the later) but you are not able to pray against both attack styles as by the time you see the colour of the attack it's already too late aka red for mage and green for range

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:55 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:28 am I think where the problem with prayers in Pvm is most prevalent is at zulrah jad phase for me it's literally impossible to pray correctly and I will get hit by both attacks, no matter how quickly I swap prayers.

Another place where it's noticeable is at alchemical hydra, on the last phase where it does one attack of each style. I have to swap prayers to deflect the next attack before the previous attack even hits me. (Happy to provide videos of both circumstances if it helps). Keeping in mind I'm from Australia and have like 340ms

Edit: shower thought, chaos elemental also has this problem, afaik it's either not possible or I'm a shit gamer (probably the later) but you are not able to pray against both attack styles as by the time you see the colour of the attack it's already too late aka red for mage and green for range
to be fair this must have something to do with your connection because everytime i personally do jad phase i dont get hit at all, you are supposed to switch the prayer once the other projectile launches at you

For example: you see it shooting range hit, you immediately switch to mage pray after that this goes for both Zulrah and Hydra

never thought about chaos elemental, i don't see people on osrs flicking prayers while fighting chaos elemental, so i don't think it's supposed to be like that either, might be wrong though..

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 am

Empty pot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:55 am
Stale fish1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:28 am I think where the problem with prayers in Pvm is most prevalent is at zulrah jad phase for me it's literally impossible to pray correctly and I will get hit by both attacks, no matter how quickly I swap prayers.

to be fair this must have something to do with your connection because everytime i personally do jad phase i dont get hit at all, you are supposed to switch the prayer once the other projectile launches at you

For example: you see it shooting range hit, you immediately switch to mage pray after that this goes for both Zulrah and Hydra

never thought about chaos elemental, i don't see people on osrs flicking prayers while fighting chaos elemental, so i don't think it's supposed to be like that either, might be wrong though..
It might have something to do with it for sure as I stated ;)

But I don't have this problem on any other server I play and I have the same if not worse ping on them

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:43 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 am

But I don't have this problem on any other server I play and I have the same if not worse ping on them
that is indeed a little strange

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Empty pot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:43 am
Stale fish1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 am

that is indeed a little strange
I have the same issue as Stale with Zulrah. I don't even bother trying to switch now, I just use veng

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:43 pm

You guys are doing the thing where you pray mage while the range projectiles in the air, and range while the mage ones in the air, right?

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Raj wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:43 pm You guys are doing the thing where you pray mage while the range projectiles in the air, and range while the mage ones in the air, right?
Yeah basically praying against the future attack not the current? I am yes

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 am

Ok initially I didn't care which way it went but then I realized that to make this happen it'd no longer be possible to use your XP drops to see what you hit (before the actual hit marker) and therefore I'm not a huge fan actually

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Raj wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 am Ok initially I didn't care which way it went but then I realized that to make this happen it'd no longer be possible to use your XP drops to see what you hit (before the actual hit marker) and therefore I'm not a huge fan actually
I dont think the mechanics of prayer use is wrong, i just think that somewhere it's delayed and doesn't feel right, however there should be special instances where prayer acts differently (pretty sure its the same in osrs) e.g Jad