Chambers of Xeric progress thread

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Korasi2
Premium Donator

Re: Chambers of Xeric progress thread

Post by Korasi2 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:22 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:21 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:34 am I probably sat through hundreds of hours of YouTube guides on them by now and the first suggestion I get when I type "Youtube" in my address bar is "The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Raiding [Chambers of Xeric]".
Look on the bright side, you're probably really good at CoX now. Start a PkH account to speedrun CoX on release. Lootations go to community giveaways ;)
Yesterday I tried a CoX run and absolutely sucked at both Vanguards and the crab puzzle, so yeah, not really. Took me like 20 minutes to get through both of them. I'm getting too old for this.

Vasa Nistirio is done, we're now working on Muttadiles and the Skeletal Mystics.
LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:38 pm

Vasa Nistirio
Vanguards
Guardians

Skeletal Mystics
Muttadiles

:thumbsup:

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:32 am

here's my concern. whats going happen with the prayer scrolls, are they going to be a useless purple or do you have a plan with this?
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:17 am

Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:32 am here's my concern. whats going happen with the prayer scrolls, are they going to be a useless purple or do you have a plan with this?
cox prayer scroll unlocks rigour in the curses prayer book :afro:

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:26 am

Korasi2 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:17 am
Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:32 am here's my concern. whats going happen with the prayer scrolls, are they going to be a useless purple or do you have a plan with this?
Honestly wouldn't be that op

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:09 am

Korasi2 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:17 am
Unlocks the rigour and augury equivalent of turmoil, making the curse prayer book best in slot for everything. Support!

Bamf status
Premium Donator

Post by Bamf status » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:14 pm

Dragon Claws, Rigour/Augury, Elder Maul(Chaotic Maul) are kind of poopy loot from CoX in our game at the moment. I am loving the ideas of the curses prayer book for rigour/augury, maybe a d claws buff or d claws upgrade kit? Since nobody uses claws on this game. Just thinking out loud, maybe I'm missing some other loot but OLMLET IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOO SICK. HYPE
---They Aint gonna give it to you, so go take it---

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:19 pm

Bamf status wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:14 pm Dragon Claws, Rigour/Augury, Elder Maul(Chaotic Maul) are kind of poopy loot from CoX in our game at the moment. I am loving the ideas of the curses prayer book for rigour/augury, maybe a d claws buff or d claws upgrade kit? Since nobody uses claws on this game. Just thinking out loud, maybe I'm missing some other loot but OLMLET IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOO SICK. HYPE
Thing is tho, you have great points here that i agree with.
BUT the current meta for all around pvming in general is *cough* chaos blowpipe.
I think chaos blowpipe nerf needs to be introduced alongside of chambers release to actually have tbow be meta for some bosses.
Chaos blowpipe is endgame content bleh bleh, but let's be honest here for a second..
how is using chaos blowpipe everywhere fun?

If im wrong post it down below.
btw huge thumbs up for dclaw upgrade kit, aswell as removing chaotic maul/nerfing it drastically.

EDIT: Let me rephrase this.
@Mike Have you considered nerfing chaos blowpipe alongside the release of Chambers of Xeric?
This would make a huge difference considering that most NPCs are ranged within the Raid.
Having such an overpowered combo of chaos + blowpipe would legitmently de-value the speed completion of chambers.

Some scenarios listed in the spoiler below..

Spoiler: show
* Scenario one:
Vasa will die before reaching any crystals.

* Scenario two:
Muttadile room will take roughly 30 seconds, including the healing time (presuming it's gonna be same as osrs)

* Scenario three:
Mage Vanguard will possibly ruin the room due to dying the fastest, with 0 competition from other max weapons (sang, scythe)

* Scenario four:
Ice Demon will die faster with chaos blowpipe than it would with max mage + harmonised staff + fire surge

There would be basically no skill requirement to go for speedruns when having the correct layout for a raid (as long as you have chaos comp).
Chambers is my all time favorite pvm on oldschool runescape because it's a great way to challenge myself, going for no deaths/no suicides/speeds and whatever it may be.
Possibly even make players not able to wear an enchanted comp in CoX?

PROS:
Happier competitive pvmers due to being able to do skill requiring speedruns.
This would keep most of the playerbase satisfied when twisted bow would actually be best in slot.

CONS:
People that prefer easy and AFKable pvming might not be alright with that but they will get used to it.

Would be great to hear your input about this :)

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Empty wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:19 pm
Bamf status wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:14 pm Dragon Claws, Rigour/Augury, Elder Maul(Chaotic Maul) are kind of poopy loot from CoX in our game at the moment. I am loving the ideas of the curses prayer book for rigour/augury, maybe a d claws buff or d claws upgrade kit? Since nobody uses claws on this game. Just thinking out loud, maybe I'm missing some other loot but OLMLET IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOO SICK. HYPE
Thing is tho, you have great points here that i agree with.
BUT the current meta for all around pvming in general is *cough* chaos blowpipe.
I think chaos blowpipe nerf needs to be introduced alongside of chambers release to actually have tbow be meta for some bosses.
Chaos blowpipe is endgame content bleh bleh, but let's be honest here for a second..
how is using chaos blowpipe everywhere fun?
Chaos cape + tbow will hit high, frequent and accurate. I think tbow would become the ranged meta. With our gear I think tbow would absolutely outclass chaos bp.

Chaos bp isn't (and shouldn't be) meta for all bosses. Same thing with tbow. Bosses could get a sort of "dart resistance" or "arrow resistance" to nerf them on places where one of the ranged options aren't supposed to be meta, or simply a higher ranged defence if the meta at that boss is that you simply shouldn't be ranging.

There's many more options than straight up disabling the chaos comp working with bp. We can get a middle ground where players get to enjoy their ak47 but in a way that it doesn't screw the meta for other bosses where ranged (or bp specifically) aren't supposed to be used.

For some bosses it doesn't really matter either. Wanna chaos bp DKS? Eh go ahead lmao. DKS are too broken to do them the way people do them on OSRS anyways and they just drop basic pvm/pvp gear.

At which bosses is bp exactly ruining the meta? Nex, the rs3 piece of content that doesn't even work like the rs3 version? Corp, which was based on the rs3 boss since OSRS wasn't even out when we already had corp? ToB, which will mean once its nerfed we'll have a server record that can never be broken?

Edit: Chaos bp will be pretty broken with CoX now that you've given the scenarios. I'd honestly support disabling comp cape effects (aside from the regular stats) to keep CoX competitive. Either temporarily (for the first weeks/months/year) or even permanently.
Last edited by Fungamer on Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:55 pm

Fungamer wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:48 pm
Spoiler: show
Chaos cape + tbow will hit high, frequent and accurate. I think tbow would become the ranged meta. With our gear I think tbow would absolutely outclass chaos bp.

Chaos bp isn't (and shouldn't be) meta for all bosses. Same thing with tbow. Bosses could get a sort of "dart resistance" or "arrow resistance" to nerf them on places where one of the ranged options aren't supposed to be meta, or simply a higher ranged defence if the meta at that boss is that you simply shouldn't be ranging.

There's many more options than straight up disabling the chaos comp working with bp. We can get a middle ground where players get to enjoy their ak47 but in a way that it doesn't screw the meta for other bosses where ranged (or bp specifically) aren't supposed to be used.

For some bosses it doesn't really matter either. Wanna chaos bp DKS? Eh go ahead lmao. DKS are too broken to do them the way people do them on OSRS.

At which bosses is bp exactly ruining the meta? Nex, the rs3 piece of content that doesn't even work like the rs3 version? Corp, which was based on the rs3 boss since OSRS wasn't even out when we already had corp? ToB, which will mean once its nerfed we'll have a server record that can never be broken?
With how fast the damage per second with blowpipe currently is, it's legitmently best in slot for everything.
You can kill bandos with it before taking 20 damage, and bandos is definetly not weak to ranged (this is just one of the examples)
ofcourse there's bosses like wildywyrm which i wouldn't suggest using it for, but it will deal the most damage per second against it aswell.

Great examples of what you mentioned, corp, nex.

@Thoby has posted statistics of how overpowered chaos blowpipe is with the maximum gear compared to everything else.
which is this:
That being said, blowpipe doesn't have any huge bonuses against certain style like twisted bow does.

Twisted bow is best in slot against everything with high mage offensive stats.
Blowpipe is the best in slot for all around PvM actions.

so with how it currently is Blowpipe > Twisted Bow