Chambers of Xeric progress thread

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Brant
Fanatic

Re: Chambers of Xeric progress thread

Post by Brant » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 am

So what was the hold up that prevented being worked on for nearly a year

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:34 am

Eye of ra wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:42 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:57 pm Vanguards and Guardians are done, Vasa is nearing completion, Muttadiles are in the works :) .

Goodness, it feels good to finally make some decent progress for a change.
Spoiler: show
And 'tis as Thoby said, neither he nor I can take full credit. But Thoby did prove to be a great help!
Not to be too excited here but do we have a possible release time frame 😅
Hoping to get the bughunter contest undergoing before the end of the month, but no promises. For now, we're just trying to keep up the current pace :).
Brant wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 am So what was the hold up that prevented being worked on for nearly a year
Honestly? Motivation, mostly. 100% OSRS-like Chambers of Xeric is one of the most ambitious projects I've ever worked on and I've spent huge amounts of time trying to get things right or working out complex mechanics just to get things working at all. Figuring out the proper mechanics, animations, graphics ID's etc. and trying to implement them properly has been an enormous mental challenge for me. I probably sat through hundreds of hours of YouTube guides on them by now and the first suggestion I get when I type "Youtube" in my address bar is "The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Raiding [Chambers of Xeric]". Doing a lot of work and getting almost nowhere can be incredibly frustrating and has made me stop working on this project more times than I care to admit.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:51 am

Will be sweet to see this actually released. Fingers crossed you guys do an update with the vote shop the same day this is released to capitalize on this massive update

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:05 am

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:34 am
Eye of ra wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:42 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:57 pm Vanguards and Guardians are done, Vasa is nearing completion, Muttadiles are in the works :) .

Goodness, it feels good to finally make some decent progress for a change.
Spoiler: show
And 'tis as Thoby said, neither he nor I can take full credit. But Thoby did prove to be a great help!
Not to be too excited here but do we have a possible release time frame 😅
Hoping to get the bughunter contest undergoing before the end of the month, but no promises. For now, we're just trying to keep up the current pace :).
Brant wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 am So what was the hold up that prevented being worked on for nearly a year
Honestly? Motivation, mostly. 100% OSRS-like Chambers of Xeric is one of the most ambitious projects I've ever worked on and I've spent huge amounts of time trying to get things right or working out complex mechanics just to get things working at all. Figuring out the proper mechanics, animations, graphics ID's etc. and trying to implement them properly has been an enormous mental challenge for me. I probably sat through hundreds of hours of YouTube guides on them by now and the first suggestion I get when I type "Youtube" in my address bar is "The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Raiding [Chambers of Xeric]". Doing a lot of work and getting almost nowhere can be incredibly frustrating and has made me stop working on this project more times than I care to admit.
You're only Mike and have human limits too. I'm still proud of you nonetheless, brother

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:14 am

Nazuths wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:57 pm
Brant wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:48 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:42 pm

@Rgh @Nazuths @Korasi2 @Iron adam
Don't @ Naz, it takes him 30 minutes to complete the crab puzzle. He ain't top tier worthy
Off me wtf
rawr :3

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:23 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:34 am
You deserve the world, I love you

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:34 am I probably sat through hundreds of hours of YouTube guides on them by now and the first suggestion I get when I type "Youtube" in my address bar is "The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Raiding [Chambers of Xeric]".
Look on the bright side, you're probably really good at CoX now. Start a PkH account to speedrun CoX on release. Lootations go to community giveaways ;)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:22 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:21 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:34 am I probably sat through hundreds of hours of YouTube guides on them by now and the first suggestion I get when I type "Youtube" in my address bar is "The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Raiding [Chambers of Xeric]".
Look on the bright side, you're probably really good at CoX now. Start a PkH account to speedrun CoX on release. Lootations go to community giveaways ;)
Yesterday I tried a CoX run and absolutely sucked at both Vanguards and the crab puzzle, so yeah, not really. Took me like 20 minutes to get through both of them. I'm getting too old for this.

Vasa Nistirio is done, we're now working on Muttadiles and the Skeletal Mystics.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:54 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:22 pm
Yesterday I tried a CoX run and absolutely sucked at both Vanguards and the crab puzzle, so yeah, not really. Took me like 20 minutes to get through both of them. I'm getting too old for this.
:(
Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:22 pm Vasa Nistirio is done, we're now working on Muttadiles and the Skeletal Mystics.
:)

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:59 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:22 pm

Vasa Nistirio is done, we're now working on Muttadiles and the Skeletal Mystics.
You know who else sucks at the crab puzzle? @Nazuths