Chambers of Xeric progress thread

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Chambers of Xeric progress thread

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:01 pm
Googlestar wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:16 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:10 pm Thieving room is done, now onto the crab puzzle!
You're the best! btw are you coding cox on your own?
Currently, yes.

Update: Crabs room is finally finished (rather complex mechanics to code in, I hope I got all of it right). Next up: ice demon.
Is it possible to test certain rooms where you are unsure if you've managed to code it correctly BEFORE the official test client for the whole Chambers is released?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:01 pm
Googlestar wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:16 pm

You're the best! btw are you coding cox on your own?
Currently, yes.

Update: Crabs room is finally finished (rather complex mechanics to code in, I hope I got all of it right). Next up: ice demon.
Is it possible to test certain rooms where you are unsure if you've managed to code it correctly BEFORE the official test client for the whole Chambers is released?
There might be a practice npc like what the ToB has. If not, that's what a test client is for

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm Is it possible to test certain rooms where you are unsure if you've managed to code it correctly BEFORE the official test client for the whole Chambers is released?
I don't think limiting the number of players that can test will do the test-phase any good. Especially when the progress is ready for testing anyways.

Any problems / incorrect mechanics will surface soon enough, and I personally don't think we'd need a sub-test-phase for that.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Thoby wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:27 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm Is it possible to test certain rooms where you are unsure if you've managed to code it correctly BEFORE the official test client for the whole Chambers is released?
I don't think limiting the number of players that can test will do the test-phase any good. Especially when the progress is ready for testing anyways.

Any problems / incorrect mechanics will surface soon enough, and I personally don't think we'd need a sub-test-phase for that.
Silly Thoby, all successful and lucrative games these days have an alpha and then beta stage before "release".

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Silly Thoby, all successful and lucrative games these days have an alpha and then beta stage before "release".
There is no need for an Alpha stage since the mechanics of Chambers Of Xeric are already predefined by Jagex.
Also, we don't have a playerbase like those successful and lucrative games so we can use every player that is willing to try CoX out and hook us up with bugs.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Andres wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:10 pm

There is no need for an Alpha stage since the mechanics of Chambers Of Xeric are already predefined by Jagex.
Also, we don't have a playerbase like those successful and lucrative games so we can use every player that is willing to try CoX out and hook us up with bugs.
Man I was making a jab meme towards games like H1Z1 and PubG...

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:24 pm
Andres wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Man I was making a jab meme towards games like H1Z1 and PubG...
Ow...

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:34 pm

There will definitely be a bughunter contest prior to the production release. We're also hoping to include a few new client-sided features we had been working on lately, so those can be properly tested as well (yet to be confirmed).

Either way, I've finally finished my work on the Ice demon room. Now onto the last puzzle room: tightrope. I'm kinda hoping this will be the easiest puzzle room to code.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:55 pm

What happened to the updates that were supposedly already coded and only awaiting review, review denied them? :(
#Justice4Church

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:10 pm

The underdog wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:55 pm What happened to the updates that were supposedly already coded and only awaiting review, review denied them? :(
They're still in the pipeline! Mike and I recently discussed this, and we both agreed that he will be focusing entirely on CoX (to be able to release ASAP).

And since Rapsey is now also able to do update reviews, he will be doing his best on reviewing the remaining 'completed' updates. But keep in mind that reviewing code is a tedious and time-requiring task.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image