Chambers of Xeric progress thread

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Chambers of Xeric progress thread

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Since finishing the basic framework on the Chambers of Xeric, now more than three months ago, there has been little to no progress on this much anticipated minigame. However, now that we're managing to release updates on a regular basis again (in part thanks to the hard work of Thoby and Rapsey), it seems about time to pick up where I had left off.

In this thread, I'll be keeping track of the progress on the Chambers of Xeric, what is already done and what is left to do.

Not to worry, other updates are still being worked on. Because of the separate development environments that Rapsey has set up, we are still able to release other updates in the meantime (such as adamant and rune dragons, skillcape perks, 2B capes, bank improvements and so forth).

Legend:
To do
In progress
Done

Chambers of Xeric to-do list
  • Party system tied to the clan chat
  • Random room layouts
  • Pathfinding and object interaction
  • Ensuring CoX-specific items cannot be brought out of the raid
  • Storage units
  • Shortcuts
  • Scavengers
  • Fishing
  • Hunter
  • Farming
  • Herblore
  • Thieving
  • Crab puzzle
  • Ice demon
  • Tightrope
  • Tekton
  • Vespula
  • Vasa Nistirio
  • Vanguards
  • Guardians
  • Lizardman Shamans
  • Skeletal Mystics
  • Muttadiles
  • Great Olm
  • Death mechanics
  • Proper scaling of rooms with party size
  • Reward system & loot table

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Chambers of Xeric progress thread

Post by Monys » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Excited to play this minigame! Great work

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Explozionz
Premium Donator

Post by Explozionz » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:03 pm

@Rapsey & @Thoby - Keep up the good work and give us those updates yeah? Thanks!

@Mike before the final release of COX will you release it to the test server to allow us to do some testing?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:05 pm

2b capes when?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Explozionz wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:03 pm @Mike before the final release of COX will you release it to the test server to allow us to do some testing?
Definitely, it would be a shame to release such a highly anticipated minigame when there is a load of bugs in it.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 am

Can't wait, awesome work thanks Mike! Excited to have the skilling rooms added where I can contribute!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Scavenger rooms are pretty much done, along with the shortcuts they can contain. I did take a few liberties with these rooms:
  • Scavengers have triple the drop rate for any item, but they may only drop one at a time rather than three. This means that the average drop rate of their items remains the same as in OSRS, but players may experience it somewhat differently because of the way it's calculated.
  • Shortcuts will not have any level requirements, but you'll obviously still need an axe or pickaxe to chop or mine your way through rotten saplings or rocks. It will also take very little time to get through them (less than 2 seconds for max levels), making the shortcuts actually worth doing other than for the raid points you receive for removing the obstacles.
  • Only one player can receive raid points for removing an obstacle (the first person to clear it).
As with anything in this minigame, any input or feedback from the community is welcome to make the raids a more enjoyable experience.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Mike wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm Scavenger rooms are pretty much done, along with the shortcuts they can contain. I did take a few liberties with these rooms:
  • Scavengers have triple the drop rate for any item, but they may only drop one at a time rather than three. This means that the average drop rate of their items remains the same as in OSRS, but players may experience it somewhat differently because of the way it's calculated.
  • Shortcuts will not have any level requirements, but you'll obviously still need an axe or pickaxe to chop or mine your way through rotten saplings or rocks. It will also take very little time to get through them (less than 2 seconds for max levels), making the shortcuts actually worth doing other than for the raid points you receive for removing the obstacles.
  • Only one player can receive raid points for removing an obstacle (the first person to clear it).
As with anything in this minigame, any input or feedback from the community is welcome to make the raids a more enjoyable experience.
@Rgh @Nazuths @Korasi2 @Iron adam

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:48 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:42 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm Scavenger rooms are pretty much done, along with the shortcuts they can contain. I did take a few liberties with these rooms:
Don't @ Naz, it takes him 30 minutes to complete the crab puzzle. He ain't top tier worthy

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Brant wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:48 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:42 pm
Don't @ Naz, it takes him 30 minutes to complete the crab puzzle. He ain't top tier worthy
Off me wtf