Neitiznot faceguard requirements

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What requirements should there be to kill Basilisk knights and/or wear the Neitiznot faceguard?

Only require 60 slayer to kill Basilisk knights, nothing else
25%
Require both 60 slayer and all Fremmenik Exiles quest requirements to kill Basilisk knights
16%
Only require 70 defence to wear the Neitiznot faceguard, nothing else
13%
Require both 70 defence and all Fremmenik Exiles quest requirements to wear the Neitiznot faceguard
46%

Total votes: 61

Mike
Programmer

Neitiznot faceguard requirements

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:57 pm

With the upcoming cache update, I also have a new feature almost ready for release: Basilisk knights. These slayer monsters are known to drop the Basilisk jaw, which can be combined with a helm of Neitiznot to create a Neitiznot faceguard.

In OSRS, the helmet cannot be traded and you need to complete a quest before you have access to these monsters. Therefore, we are presented with a choice: only have a level requirement of 70 to wear the helm, or to have additional requirements to wear it (basically the requirements to complete the Fremennik Exiles quest in OSRS). We can also put additional requirements (on top of 60 slayer) in order to kill them.

I'll let the community decide on this one. Either way, the helm will be tradeable considering the jaw is tradeable on OSRS and the helm of Neitiznot is already tradeable on PkHonor.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Neitiznot faceguard requirements

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Well, keep the faceguard untradeble, since you can freely dismantle it to get the neitiznot helmet and the jaw back ( on pvp death, if not protected, it should be dropped as the jaw and the helmet, and in pvm death, if not protected, it should stay as the full faceguard). As for the requirements, I agree to have at least the equivalent requirements of the Fremennik Exiles quest.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:03 pm Well, keep the faceguard untradeble, since you can freely dismantle it to get the neitiznot helmet and the jaw back ( on pvp death, if not protected, it should be dropped as the jaw and the helmet, and in pvm death, if not protected, it should stay as the full faceguard). As for the requirements, I agree to have at least the equivalent requirements of the Fremennik Exiles quest.
Since both jaw and helm are tradeable, I don't really see the point of going through the extra effort of the faceguard being untradeable and splitting it up on death.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:10 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:03 pm Well, keep the faceguard untradeble, since you can freely dismantle it to get the neitiznot helmet and the jaw back ( on pvp death, if not protected, it should be dropped as the jaw and the helmet, and in pvm death, if not protected, it should stay as the full faceguard). As for the requirements, I agree to have at least the equivalent requirements of the Fremennik Exiles quest.
Since both jaw and helm are tradeable, I don't really see the point of going through the extra effort of the faceguard being untradeable and splitting it up on death.
Okay then, good point, fair enough. So, both on pvp death and pvm drops, the full faceguard drops. Make it sure it has a higher value in ::prices on release ( maybe more than 1B).

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:09 pm

I just checked all the requirements for the Fremmenik Exiles quest and - also taking into account requirements for the quests you have to complete before you can even start with Fremmenik Exiles - you would need the following levels:
  • Magic: 60
  • Slayer: 60
  • Crafting: 65
  • Mining: 60
  • Smithing: 60
  • Fishing: 60
  • Runecrafting: 55
  • Woodcutting: 55
  • Firemaking: 49
  • Cooking: 49
  • Agility: 40
  • Herblore: 21
  • Construction: 20

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Honestly if you don't have those skilling stats, especially on a private server, there's something wrong. The only two that really needs added are the combat skill requirements

Iron blix
Premium Donator

Post by Iron blix » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Personally I'm all for making the requirements involve the quest. It's way more immersive and rewarding in the end.

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:09 pm I just checked all the requirements for the Fremmenik Exiles quest and - also taking into account requirements for the quests you have to complete before you can even start with Fremmenik Exiles - you would need the following levels:
  • Magic: 60
  • Slayer: 60
  • Crafting: 65
  • Mining: 60
  • Smithing: 60
  • Fishing: 60
  • Runecrafting: 55
  • Woodcutting: 55
  • Firemaking: 49
  • Cooking: 49
  • Agility: 40
  • Herblore: 21
  • Construction: 20
damn wtf such a grind for this helm

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:43 pm

Just do slayer and defence requirements. Waste of time to do the rest.

I don't think these updates should be a priority though. Im sure a majority of players would rather see CoX, 2B capes, Skillcape perks, and the Pvp accessibility updates. Don't put off the updates that the community wants just because one person *cough cough* wants an exact copy of osrs. We already have the Serp helm with its pre-nerf osrs stats, and torva full helm. Adding the neitiznot facemask is a waste of time IMO.

I think it would be helpful to run a community poll and see which of these major updates the community wants to see next.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:09 pm

Iron adam wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:43 pm Just do slayer and defence requirements. Waste of time to do the rest.

I don't think these updates should be a priority though. Im sure a majority of players would rather see CoX, 2B capes, Skillcape perks, and the Pvp accessibility updates. Don't put off the updates that the community wants just because one person *cough cough* wants an exact copy of osrs. We already have the Serp helm with its pre-nerf osrs stats, and torva full helm. Adding the neitiznot facemask is a waste of time IMO.

I think it would be helpful to run a community poll and see which of these major updates the community wants to see next.
Your point here is absolutely irrelevant. Everything that you have asked for is most likely already done and is just sitting there, waiting to be released in the next update. The faceguard is *considered* bis for CoX and it will be the more popular choice here, due to players choosing to have a single helmet, rather than 2 helmet switches ( torva helmet-pernix cowl). Also, for the serpentine helmet stats, here you go sir :
  • OSRS stats :
    Spoiler: show
  • PKH stats :
    Spoiler: show
I rest my case.