Pathing & PvP - Development Blog - February 26th 2020

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Brant
Fanatic

Re: Pathing & PvP - Development Blog - February 26th 2020

Post by Brant » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Its flat wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm In regards to pvp equipment, I remember finding it so weird that as an ironman the pvp equipment was BIS so soon in the game. I had the chaotic rapier before I got my first whip drop from abby demons and it made doing slayer feel totally pointless since the pvp equipment is already my BIS gear. Pkh points are so easy to get there's not much motivation to do pvm for gear. Because of this I focused on skilling and I ignored slayer until the recent slayer update.

Why don't we simply adjust to prices to be more inline with the current economy? For example, the chaotic rapier is stronger than the ghrazi rapier (5B), but weaker than a custom whip (17-25B). So why not adjust the shop price to cost pkh points + coins? We have this price system for other things? It currently costs only 1200 pkh points. I think it should cost more like 6000 pkh points and 10B coins.

Another example is vesta plateskirt, which only costs 500 pkh points. It is stronger than bandos tassets (1.8-2.1B) and weaker than torva platelegs (20-24B). I think it should cost 5000 pkh points and 7.5B coins.

If the prices are adjusted, then all players with pvp equipment will need to have it removed from their bank and the pkh points refunded. Then they can be re-bought from the shop with the new prices.

Otherwise they should be removed completely. Nerfing them will cause confusion for new players, they are iconic for being very strong weapons/armour. New players might not check the stats before buying and using them. Then they might be annoyed when they find out later on.
If we were to do that then the rich people that have a lot of pkp gear would have there bank increase tenfold

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Brant wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:44 pm
Its flat wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm In regards to pvp equipment, I remember finding it so weird that as an ironman the pvp equipment was BIS so soon in the game. I had the chaotic rapier before I got my first whip drop from abby demons and it made doing slayer feel totally pointless since the pvp equipment is already my BIS gear. Pkh points are so easy to get there's not much motivation to do pvm for gear. Because of this I focused on skilling and I ignored slayer until the recent slayer update.

Why don't we simply adjust to prices to be more inline with the current economy? For example, the chaotic rapier is stronger than the ghrazi rapier (5B), but weaker than a custom whip (17-25B). So why not adjust the shop price to cost pkh points + coins? We have this price system for other things? It currently costs only 1200 pkh points. I think it should cost more like 6000 pkh points and 10B coins.

Another example is vesta plateskirt, which only costs 500 pkh points. It is stronger than bandos tassets (1.8-2.1B) and weaker than torva platelegs (20-24B). I think it should cost 5000 pkh points and 7.5B coins.

If the prices are adjusted, then all players with pvp equipment will need to have it removed from their bank and the pkh points refunded. Then they can be re-bought from the shop with the new prices.

Otherwise they should be removed completely. Nerfing them will cause confusion for new players, they are iconic for being very strong weapons/armour. New players might not check the stats before buying and using them. Then they might be annoyed when they find out later on.
If we were to do that then the rich people that have a lot of pkp gear would have there bank increase tenfold
This is a good point. That's why I addressed it in paragraph 4.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Also want to point out that with cwar tickets getting added there would be an even more increasing gear gap between vets, only rather then having PkP stacked up to buy endless PvP sets like vesta etc, and the person who kills you gaining a portion of those credits, now you’ll just have those people buying cwar gear which is by far more OP and would grant the killer nothing in return. If cwar gear will cost 100K PkP per set that is pratically buying the BIS gear for 60-70B that you’ll never be able to lose? atleast with cwars currently it’s a grind to get the sets and is one of the last things that actually take time, not just getting lucky a couple times at duel arena.

Est killer2
Premium Donator

Post by Est killer2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:38 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:43 pm Also want to point out that with cwar tickets getting added there would be an even more increasing gear gap between vets, only rather then having PkP stacked up to buy endless PvP sets like vesta etc, and the person who kills you gaining a portion of those credits, now you’ll just have those people buying cwar gear which is by far more OP and would grant the killer nothing in return. If cwar gear will cost 100K PkP per set that is pratically buying the BIS gear for 60-70B that you’ll never be able to lose? atleast with cwars currently it’s a grind to get the sets and is one of the last things that actually take time, not just getting lucky a couple times at duel arena.
i think c wars tix should be added to bh store, if anywhere at all.

Diskid
Honor Player

Post by Diskid » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:56 pm

as someone who is more nostalgic towards the 2009 to 2012 era, if i wanted balanced pvp i'd play another game and not rs as even in osrs which tends to be brought up alot isn't balanced at all either. any game where you can stack over 10 percent of thier total hp in one tick isn't balanced to start. the reason for my enjoyment of the 2009- 2012 era is that the balance was broken and honestly thats what made it fun.

for example rasi is a complete joke on this server and misamic barrage isn't coded correctly or it would have slowed the attack speed of the player ur fighting against as well when you hit 9 mobs at the same time it boost the damage by 10 percent.
the main issue tends to be the fact you risk very little for the power it gives. a suggestion would be for pvp gear, add rev caves and refund the pvp gear in game and have the supply start over with it being a rare item like in pre-eoc like it was meant to be.

side note: the supply in nex gear is also an issue, with nex being a cake walk mainly due to it not being coded correctly and honestly half-assed in its current state. if i can solo it with 20 def, it is clearly not coded correctly.

Thacommunity
Honor Player

Post by Thacommunity » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:23 pm

I have made multiple posts regarding the overpowered pvp gear we have available. Re read what you have stated you absolutely nailed it. Or search my previous posts. But plain and simple our current risk free OP pvp equipment feels nothing like runescape and everything like spawn equipment. It costs literally nothing and risks nothing to pk with it, and yet its far superior to my 40 bil torva, virtus, pernix to pk in. Thats as far from balanced as you can get. Look i have over 100k pkps and tons of these sets in the bank, allowing for a near endless supply of absolutely maxed, busted 0 risk vesta,zuriels, and morrigans sets, but for the good of the PkHonor Pk community I want them gone from the game.

We all want the same thing a balanced and fun player vs player experience. Until these items are gone this will NEVER be possible. Let pkhonor feel like Runescape pking pleaseeee! These chaotics are broken and keep the wilderness vacant and unfun. As someone who has a lot financially to loose in erasing these I am not alone and pose a perfect example of how players on both ends of the Pking wealth spectrum are severely crippled in their Pkhonor experience by having crazy powerful low risk weapons and gear available to them. Refund ppl for their sets if you must, but no recoding just delete them for the love of the game. Trust

Keiler05
Premium Donator

Post by Keiler05 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:16 am

+1 on the cannon upgrades. Maybe double or triple the amount of balls it can hold, plus make it usable in more areas?

I agree with the sentiment of making content for PK Honor and not just replica of OSRS. Fun should be a high priority when doing things. As we get older and have less time because of IRL responsibilities, we have less time to dedicate to games etc. Hence why I play this instead of OSRS (when I have time). Just keep that in mind for activities and the difficulty of stuff.