Chambers of Xeric - the framework

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Chambers of Xeric - the framework

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:58 am

Monys wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 am @Iron adam is also quite knowledgeable in terms of cox! He spends HOURS in each raid trying to understand all of the mechanics.

Great work per usual!

Slap a ho
Champion

Re: Chambers of Xeric - the framework

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:08 am

Tom brady wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm @Mike @Nazuths

I’m more than willing to help out with Chambers development if you have any questions. My only issue is that most of my knowledge is limited to 3 combat 2 puzzle raids, as these are the most efficient and fastest raids to complete, and thus are the most desirable and the ones we scout for.

One thing I noticed in the blog is that you talk about the 3 room variations. Each OSRS raid has a “static” layout of the rooms (combats/puzzles/scavengers/farming) which are then randomly filled based on the 2 boss rotations AND the 4 puzzle rotations. Depending on the layout, say SCSPFCCSPF (this means a scavengers room, then combat, another scavs, puzzle, farm, etc.) it will determine which of these three rooms for bosses/puzzles are used. The scavenger rooms (and I believe farming?) come in 1 of 2 potential layouts per layout. The number of farming rooms is not random, in fact the raid is never random. The room locations are predetermined, only the combat/puzzles that fill them are randomly chosen based on the rotations.

You can have between 3-5 combat rooms and 1-3 puzzles. The minimum raid size is 5 rooms (a mix of combat/puzzle, not including farming or scavs), either 3c2p or 4c1p.

Feel free to @ me with questions.
We should negotiate an exchange of our raids knowledge for our unban and your initiate/legends back. Seems like a fair trade. You help with 3c2p, I’ll help with the other stuff.

Also @Mike, @Tom brady and I are going to need exclusive access to trial and error your work.

Big brain moment here btw: I strongly discourage the randomizing of raid layouts. By that, I mean the random first room selection which then randomly goes counter-clockwise or clockwise. There should always be specific starting points to each raid layout. Doing this will make CoX 100x better. Scouting for raids fucking sucks especially since pkhonor client is the farthest thing from RuneLite.