ToB Maiden & 2b Capes - Developers Blog - June 27th 2019

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Thoby
Developer

Re: ToB Maiden & 2b Capes - Developers Blog - June 27th 2019

Post by Thoby » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Rick wrote:Will you add particles to the 2B capes?
Probably not. Not only doesn't our engine support it, but it probably wouldn't match the game's aesthetic (and every time I've seen it in a 317 it looked glitchy).
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Taylor gang
Premium Donator

Post by Taylor gang » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:04 pm

great stuff keep it up guys pushing out great content for all the players.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:12 am

You know how players have repeatedly said for years that they want to be more informed about the status of developments? Yeah, this solves it. Hopefully you are able to continue these kind of posts.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:28 am

Ruler wrote:You know how players have repeatedly said for years that they want to be more informed about the status of developments? Yeah, this solves it. Hopefully you are able to continue these kind of posts.
thx for your input ruler

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:32 am

James wrote:
Ruler wrote:You know how players have repeatedly said for years that they want to be more informed about the status of developments? Yeah, this solves it. Hopefully you are able to continue these kind of posts.
thx for your input ruler
Man i second this, ruler always kinda hit my emotional wire.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:31 am

Thoby wrote:Well, happy thursday!
Now it is :afro:
Thoby wrote:2B Experience Capes
Spoiler: show
Okay, time to get into this week’s theme: capes, capes and capes.
Suggested many, many times, but finally finished: the 2B experience capes! These capes were a long time coming, but are now made functional and obtainable.
The 2B experience capes would be buyable from the fancy dress boxes in your POH Costume Room (the boxes located in the center of the room).
The capes will cost 2 billion coins, and can only be worn by players who have gotten 2 billion experience in the corresponding skill.

These capes are tradeable, but are unequipable for those who do not have the required experience.
Their stats are similar to trimmed skillcapes, but provide a +8 prayer bonus, instead of +4.
Will these 2b capes be given the same perks as regular skill capes? Also, I personally would rather see these capes untradeable and being unable to be purchased until the player reaches 2b xp in that skill. I think making them tradeable would seem just wrong.

Thoby wrote: Milestone Capes
For the players who really want to show off their personal skilling-milestones, Jeremy has developed the Milestone capes.
There are 9 different available milestone capes, each displaying a higher level of mastery:

Milestone cape 1B - 1,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 3B - 3,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 5B - 5,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 10B - 10,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 15B - 15,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 20B - 20,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 30B - 30,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 40B - 40,000,000,000 total experience
Milestone cape 46B - 46,000,000,000 total experience

The capes can be bought from the Loom in the farm just north of Port Sarim (and in between Falador).
They can be bought with 10M + a number of balls of wool. The higher the tier, the more wool is required.
ImageImage
The capes are purely cosmetic and will not provide any bonus, but what better way to proudly show off you're well on your way to maxed experience?
I like milestone capes, but would this work as there being 9 new capes to purchase, or 1 cape that we keep upgrading as we go? Reason I ask is because, personally I feel like there's a lot of items coming in game, but not enough bank space. As an ironman it's hard to let go of a few items that we actually may need to grind to get back later. It'd be nice if it was a single cape we can upgrade. If it's 9 different capes, I think 9 might be a bit over the top, maybe a new tier cape for every 10b xp with the only exception being 5b xp given as the first cape and the last one being of course 46b total xp.

Thoby wrote: Skillcape perks
Runecrafting — Operate to teleport directly to abyss.
Construction — Unlimited daily teleports to any player owned house portal (Ones in Rimmington, Yanille, Taverley, etc.) OR 5% cost reduction when buying new rooms in a POH.
Agility — Operate to teleport to werewolf course, also acts as spottier or spotted cape (depending on if you’re donator+ or not).
Crafting — 1.5x experience from jewelry crafting.
Farming — Obtain noted herbs from farming.
Lead with the requirement to be 200m xp in that skill next time :lol: read it all and had to re-read it to make sure things weren't too OP.

•Runecrafting - sounds good, would be nice if it teleports us south of the Abyss as this could be a faster way to get to Sire.

•Construction - I personally don't see the teleport to portals as a big deal. Considering you need 200m con xp to even unlock this I'd like to see something a bit more on the wow side such as a 5-10% reduction in cost to make gold leaves, planks, or both? From 200m xp to 2b xp you'd save 10-20b if this went into effect and most players going for 2b construction aren't worried about saving a few bill it'd just be beneficial for ironmen as a nice perk. (but im always trying to think of ways to make 2b construction easier :notsureif: )

•Agility - I don't see much use for this teleport option, but I may be wrong, as for it acting as a spottier cape, nice to look at but not much of a perk for 200m agility. Not sure what another option could be, but would be willing to change this perk

•Crafting - perk seems very random, maybe make it so you can craft jewelry without the moulds? This would work by using a gold bar on the furnace and all mould options would be available to you.

•Farming - I like it, but can we also make it so we can remove trees by using a spade on them? <3
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:51 am

Thearlygamer wrote: Will these 2b capes be given the same perks as regular skill capes? Also, I personally would rather see these capes untradeable and being unable to be purchased until the player reaches 2b xp in that skill. I think making them tradeable would seem just wrong.
They will be the same as 99 capes are now — only those with 2b will be able to wear.
Thearlygamer wrote: I like milestone capes, but would this work as there being 9 new capes to purchase, or 1 cape that we keep upgrading as we go? Reason I ask is because, personally I feel like there's a lot of items coming in game, but not enough bank space. As an ironman it's hard to let go of a few items that we actually may need to grind to get back later. It'd be nice if it was a single cape we can upgrade. If it's 9 different capes, I think 9 might be a bit over the top, maybe a new tier cape for every 10b xp with the only exception being 5b xp given as the first cape and the last one being of course 46b total xp.
There are 9 capes. It would not strike me as good practice to only introduce some of the set. You also as an iron or any other player don't need to purchase them, or could wait to only purchase the one you really want
Thearlygamer wrote: Lead with the requirement to be 200m xp in that skill next time :lol: read it all and had to re-read it to make sure things weren't too OP.

•Runecrafting - sounds good, would be nice if it teleports us south of the Abyss as this could be a faster way to get to Sire.

•Construction - I personally don't see the teleport to portals as a big deal. Considering you need 200m con xp to even unlock this I'd like to see something a bit more on the wow side such as a 5-10% reduction in cost to make gold leaves, planks, or both? From 200m xp to 2b xp you'd save 10-20b if this went into effect and most players going for 2b construction aren't worried about saving a few bill it'd just be beneficial for ironmen as a nice perk. (but im always trying to think of ways to make 2b construction easier :notsureif: )

•Agility - I don't see much use for this teleport option, but I may be wrong, as for it acting as a spottier cape, nice to look at but not much of a perk for 200m agility. Not sure what another option could be, but would be willing to change this perk

•Crafting - perk seems very random, maybe make it so you can craft jewelry without the moulds? This would work by using a gold bar on the furnace and all mould options would be available to you.

•Farming - I like it, but can we also make it so we can remove trees by using a spade on them? <3
[/quote]

• this isn't a perk for pvm, it's a perk for runecrafting

•I'd recommend redoing your math. I calculated the exact amount and it was not as inconsequential as you have made it sound. It's closer to 50B with a very cheap pricing based on current market.

•It's a pain in the ass to walk there imo lol

•Crafting is one of the most well known options, yet doesn't provide the same speed of experience as other options in the skill. This was meant to better balance it out.

•That seems far less useful, i'm not sure why you'd want that

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:12 am

Skiller wrote: They will be the same as 99 capes are now — only those with 2b will be able to wear.
I just personally would rather have all special capes such as skill capes, 2b capes, max capes, comps, etc untradeable.
Skiller wrote: There are 9 capes. It would not strike me as good practice to only introduce some of the set. You also as an iron or any other player don't need to purchase them, or could wait to only purchase the one you really want
I just like making my bank look nice with all the capes that's all, but I suppose only keeping my most current cape would do the job just as easily.
Skiller wrote:
Thearlygamer wrote: Lead with the requirement to be 200m xp in that skill next time :lol: read it all and had to re-read it to make sure things weren't too OP.

• this isn't a perk for pvm, it's a perk for runecrafting

•I'd recommend redoing your math. I calculated the exact amount and it was not as inconsequential as you have made it sound. It's closer to 50B with a very cheap pricing based on current market.

•It's a pain in the ass to walk there imo lol

•Crafting is one of the most well known options, yet doesn't provide the same speed of experience as other options in the skill. This was meant to better balance it out.

•That seems far less useful, i'm not sure why you'd want that
•I suppose it's a small perk for rcing even if they abyss is easy enough to get to, maybe if it teleported us in the center of the abyss? That way we wouldn't have to run around to find an entrance to go through

•I didn't go off market price, my suggestion was to reduce the cost of making the planks, or leaves, from the raw material (logs or gold bar). Essentially to make a plank the cost would go from 54k to 48.6k, and a leave would go from 150k to 135k. 1.8b xp using brawlers you'd need 923,088 of each a plank and gold leave at a 10% reduce in cost to make the leaves and planks you'd save a grand total of 18,830,995,200 gp (18.8b at a 10% discount)

•Possibly, but what's the benefit of going there? I might be missing something

•I'm not sure what jewelry players would craft to make this a viable option to train the skill. I just don't want it to be dead content since most players get 2b crafting mining marble anyways.

•I like the idea of obtaining noted herbs, this would just be an added perk. Useless, probably, but time saver from chopping 10k magic trees for the remaining 1.8b farming xp, definitely.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:56 pm

You posted 2 blogs 1 week after each other, when can we expect a new blog?

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:34 pm

Rick wrote:You posted 2 blogs 1 week after each other, when can we expect a new blog?
Believe that had more to do with the progress made between them than the passage of time. Can’t speak for Thoby, but personally have not made much progress this past week due to the Fourth of July weekend and a rollout at my actual job. Be patient and we will keep you updated!