Catacombs, ToB & Pking - Developers Blog - June 20th 2019

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Catacombs, ToB & Pking - Developers Blog - June 20th 201

Post by Iron adam » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:56 am

Adamthalion wrote:
James wrote:
Ross wrote:Regarding Tob, CoX

This content looks great but there needs to be some changes made to the current state of PvM on PkHonor otherwise this content is going to fall flat on its face. If the content is balanced around the current end game meta then newer players who are coming into the game aren't going to be interested as the time investment will be far too great, if we balance the content around mid-game then the content is going to get destroyed by high end PvM meta and the economy will be saturated with the uniques from both pieces of content.

As a community of players making suggestions and developers we're definitely guilty of wanting more and more and implementing crazy levels of power creep with the likes of Curses, Custom Whips, Custom Comps, Nex Armours, Morphs etc.. I'm not sure as a game and business how you're going to deal with this situation, personally I'd just remove the content and focus on balancing PvM but obviously I don't own the business so I can see how that may have conflict of interest. But if you're serious about improving the quality of the game and moving it into a direction that the current osrs/rsps desires then some serious and bold changes are going to have to be made.

Regarding PvP content

I'd like to preface this with a suggestion on changing how the current PkP system works. The current PkP Points and Shop should be renamed to Honor Points and Honor Shop, nothing else will change with this content. A new Player Killing Points (PkP) system should be implemented which are gained solely from killing players along with a PkP Shop which contains "untradeables", unique content and high end PvM supplies. Some examples:

Fire Cape
Fighter Torso
Rune/Dragon Defender
Fighter Hat
Barrows Gloves
Void
Trimming Kits (whips, defenders, scims, godswords etc..)
Bounty Hunter Hats (These can be obtained incrementally much like beginner, apprentice and master wands)
Super Combats
Rocktails
Karambwans
Anti-Venom
Rune Pouch

What has been presented looks promising besides the barrows gloves, they should be removed but so long as the shops prices are reasonable and allow a person to buy 2-3 sets of gear without interference. The cost of items in the PkP store and how many PkP's are obtained from a kill needs to be balanced well, I believe something along the lines of 20 PkP's per kill and a pricing of 100-200 PkP's depending on the item is reasonable.

Regarding the "untradeables" in this store mainly the Fighter Torso, Rune/Dragon Defender, Fire Cape and Barrows Gloves need to be dropped on death for the winner of the fight, these items should also be sellable to the PkP store so you have an option to utilise them for yourself or invest them into your PkP's to buy more expensive stuff, what this does is creates a small player killing economy which motivates newer players to obtain new pieces of equipment to become stronger within a reasonable amount of time but also motivates people to risk more to obtain more, essentially creating a self feeding cycle where both the small fish and big fish have something to gain.
The importance and reasoning for all this is new player retention which is done by rewarding the small fish frequently; the pricing of the equipment in the PkP store needs to be balanced as not to over saturate the players but give them enough value that losing them is significant but are re-obtainable within a reasonable amount of time.

I appreciate this means changing a core aspect of the game but quite honestly, trading rights and having these items so expensive and unobtainable from the beginning is terrible which if completely overhauled barely even scratches the surface of the current game, the heavily PvM structured economy and gameplay will still be fully capable of striving the only difference is with taking what I've suggested I'm fair confident you could have a healthy Pking community in the game.

P.S. What I've suggested isn't a flawless product, it's an example of what I'd like to see and what I believe would be successful.
Completely agree! Definitely didn’t quote this solely to make people have to scroll even more!
Not sure I agree with all of this...
I would be interested in hearing more about why you disagree with certain aspects of Ross' proposal![/quote]
Well the new point system sounds confusing[/quote]
oh ok ! i actually kind of agree ![/quote]
right? seems weir to me

Cancerstick
Wise One

Re: Catacombs, ToB & Pking - Developers Blog - June 20th 201

Post by Cancerstick » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:07 pm

I've seen a few servers that actually put the 'blood money' (BM) to use, if we have it in the cache, adding this would probably be easier than adding a whole new point system for Ross's kind of suggestion.

- X amount of blood money drops per pk, possibly scaling with risk or streak
- Add a shop that sells items (at a reasonable value, not 30k BM per item)
- If you really want to you can probably make it so where any BM you have in your inventory during a fight will ALWAYS be lost on death, allowing it to be used as risk

Hell, take a look at those new wildy keys that OSRS has. There could be some way that something similar could even added in, not necessarily from wildy slayer, but from pking and/or bossing in the wild. You could even put the thing smack dab in the middle of edge wildy just so everyone and their mother could see you opening it.

I just feel that as far as the pking aspect goes, there are so many things that could be done, without going full dreamscape over here, that could boost ease of access and interest.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Catacombs, ToB & Pking - Developers Blog - June 20th 2019

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:00 pm

Any update on the PVP updates detailed in here?

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Iron adam wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:00 pm Any update on the PVP updates detailed in here?
Thoby: *tried*
Mike: No.

No but; Back when I made these changes, Mike said that this is something he would first like to discuss with Rapsey. So it will come once it comes.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Thoby wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 pm
Iron adam wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:00 pm Any update on the PVP updates detailed in here?

No but; Back when I made these changes, Mike said that this is something he would first like to discuss with Rapsey. So it will come once it comes.
Got it. Will start harassing Rapsey.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Iron adam wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:19 pm
Thoby wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Got it. Will start harassing Rapsey.
@Rapsey We need discussions to take place!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor