Lizardman Shaman upcoming - testing needed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Kenneth
Honor Player

Re: Lizardman Shaman upcoming - testing needed

Post by Kenneth » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:17 am

Respire1337 wrote:Some observations :
  • Why do Shamans drop so many herbs? Seem rather pointless to drop 9 different herbs ( avantoe, lantadyme, kwuarm, ranarr, snapdragon, dwarf weeds, toadflax, cadantine, torstol). In OSRS they only drop kwuarm, dwarf weed, lantadyme and cadantine.
  • Why no Xeric's talisman , xerician fabric and lizardman fangs? The talisman is super useful to teleport around Zeah ( our future Zeah better said ) and the xerician fabric is just gonna be a cheaper alternative for crafting.
  • Why there are there 3 entries for the rune warhammer drop?
  • WE NEED SOME ALCHABLES, not too expensive, but we need them. You can make really good money at Shamans in OSRS even if you don't get the dragon warhammer drop. But here? You're just gonna end up having the same herbs, some coal and some iron. We could add some mystics staves to the drop table, increase the prices to like 8-9m (just so it won't be a red text) and have them as a common drop. Could also increase the price for the lava mystic staff from Cerberus.
I agree the drop tables of the last several bosses excluding the uniques seem almost the same. Id like to see different skilling supplies along with alchs (stated above)

Things like:
Gold Bars and Leaves
D'hide Leather (probably better option for future Vorkath)
Maple, Teak and Oak Planks
Noted Gems
Pre Potted tree saplings (Potting them is annoying)
Feathers
Grenwall Spikes
Karambwans or Karambwanji (No one fishes for these)
Dragon arrows and Darts (or tips)

I'm not saying that all of these things should be on the Shaman's drop table but it would help diversify bosses making you think about what supplies you may need rather than just the uniques. With the release of so much new pvm content I think we need to have a discussion on how to flush out our skills aswell. With a broader way to train skills opens up new opportunities and items that we'll need to collect in order to train them, giving players a reason to kill a certain boss even after already obtaining its uniques.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:27 am

Admin adam wrote:Was this intentionally sarcastic? haha
Hehe no not intentional. There's a small bug with the Captain, where when you have lower KC it interprets it like you have more.
Would've been funny though.
Admin adam wrote:Bug: The acid attack has the wrong projectile (not sure if we have the right one). The acid attack projectile flies the wrong direction and looks buggy in general.
Yeah it goes to a far off tile to the south-east. It isn't supposed to do that.

Our cache doesn't seem to have the actual projectiles. So different ones are in use for now.
When the client gets updated, the right projectiles should be used!
Respire1337 wrote:Why no Xeric's talisman , xerician fabric and lizardman fangs? The talisman is super useful to teleport around Zeah ( our future Zeah better said ) and the xerician fabric is just gonna be a cheaper alternative for crafting.
Seeing as our Zeah is just really lacklustre, adding something like the Xeric's talisman seemed unneeded. Just a weird drop if it doesn't really provide anything other than a teleport around.
Especially when they need to be charged, I mostly think players would just be dissapointed when they get it.

For the fabric, I figured it would be dead content for level 14-22 crafting items. Especially the crafted gear would just never be worn.
Would this be something players would actually want to see? Even if the crafting xp would just be weak?
Respire1337 wrote:WE NEED SOME ALCHABLES, not too expensive, but we need them. You can make really good money at Shamans in OSRS even if you don't get the dragon warhammer drop. But here? You're just gonna end up having the same herbs, some coal and some iron. We could add some mystics staves to the drop table, increase the prices to like 8-9m (just so it won't be a red text) and have them as a common drop. Could also increase the price for the lava mystic staff from Cerberus.
Not a bad suggestion. The drops currently are mostly aimed at providing stackable items- so players would be able to camp them.
Some alchable's wouldn't hurt.
Respire1337 wrote:I love the ranking system, but could we get the list of killcounts at which we unlock the tiers?
The higher the tier, the more kills it will require (seeing as kills will gradually become easier when using higher tier gear):
  • 50 kills = tier 1
  • 100 kills = tier 2
  • 150 kills = tier 3
  • 250 kills = tier 4
  • 500 kills = tier 5
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:00 pm

Thoby wrote:Seeing as our Zeah is just really lacklustre, adding something like the Xeric's talisman seemed unneeded. Just a weird drop if it doesn't really provide anything other than a teleport around.
Especially when they need to be charged, I mostly think players would just be dissapointed when they get it.
With the cache update and the direction that we are heading in, there will be a lot of new content in Zeah. While it might not be super useful now, I still think it would be worth adding.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Seeing as people will cannon this area, will irons have it instanced?
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am

look I honestly cant wait for dwh to come into the game, however with the defence reduction in a pvp situation, how is it going to work? i assume a simple restore would fix your lowered defensive stats? just slightly worried this would either be op or dead content for wildy is all, seeing as it hits 81s i think itll be fine but still.
Thelategamer wrote:Seeing as people will cannon this area, will irons have it instanced?
for irons sake I hope it is however I honestly doubt it will be which will suck a lot,
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Thelategamer wrote:Seeing as people will cannon this area, will irons have it instanced?
pkh takeover wrote:for irons sake I hope it is however I honestly doubt it will be which will suck a lot,
Yes, it's instanced for ironmen ;)
Image Image

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Thoby wrote: Yes, it's instanced for ironmen ;)
My man 8-)
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Thoby wrote:
pkh takeover wrote:for irons sake I hope it is however I honestly doubt it will be which will suck a lot,
Yes, it's instanced for ironmen ;)
Instanced for everyone, fee of 120m/h ( 2m/min).

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Instanced for everyone, fee of 120m/h ( 2m/min).
thanks for the maths lessons bro

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Instanced for everyone, fee of 120m/h ( 2m/min).
The fee would probably just make it more complex. We could just make it instanced for everyone if people would want that?
Image Image