Lizardman Shaman upcoming - testing needed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Lizardman Shaman upcoming - testing needed

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 am

Our newest trial developer Thoby has recently been working on the Lizardman Shamans, which I am now proud to present to the community!

Planned for release within a couple of days, I have made these new NPC's available on our test server, available through this link.
The Lizardman Shamans can be found in the Lizardman Canyon, accessible through the Monsters teleport in your spellbook.

Just like OSRS, the Lizardman Shamans drop the Dragon warhammer. This weapon's special attack lowers your opponent's defence level by 30% while using up 50% special attack energy. It works against both players and NPC's and is therefore a very effective weapon in both PvP and PvM situations.

The Shamans have similar attacks to OSRS and their poison can hit up to 30 damage. You can counter the poison effect by wearing Shayzien armour, which can be obtained by talking to captain Babacus. The more Shamans you have killed, the higher tier Shayzien armour you can obtain and the more effectively you can counter the poison attacks. The highest level armour can be obtained after you have killed 500 Shamans.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or with to offer feedback about the Lizardman or the Dragon warhammer!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Lizardman Shaman upcoming - testing needed

Post by Iron adam » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:50 am

Mike wrote:The more Shamans you have killed, the higher tier Shayzien armour you can obtain and the more effectively you can counter the poison attacks. The highest level armour can be obtained after you have killed 500 Shamans.
That is a really cool and interesting way of implementing the gear.

The attack should still be avoidable without the armour though, as it targets the last square you were on.

Revenantduff
Premium Donator

Post by Revenantduff » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:02 am

Sounds good since the combat changes made the defense of mobs higher

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:07 am

Best T-Dev! :)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:13 am

Admin adam wrote:
Mike wrote:The more Shamans you have killed, the higher tier Shayzien armour you can obtain and the more effectively you can counter the poison attacks. The highest level armour can be obtained after you have killed 500 Shamans.
That is a really cool and interesting way of implementing the gear.

The attack should still be avoidable without the armour though, as it targets the last square you were on.
The attack can in fact be avoided by running around. I guess I should have mentioned that in my news post.

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:22 am

nice to be seeing more updates coming more freqeuent than usual, keep this up pls

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:24 am

This is exciting! DWH incoming
Check out my Youtube channel!

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:22 am

I'm so proud to have gotten the chance to contribute to the content of the game.
Hopefully it won't dissapoint and I'll be able to add even more in the future!

Thanks, Mike.

Skiller wrote:Best T-Dev! :)
I heard stories about this Jeremy bloke who is a wonderful dev.
I aspire to be like him. ;)
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:00 am

Was this intentionally sarcastic? haha

Bug: The acid attack has the wrong projectile (not sure if we have the right one). The acid attack projectile flies the wrong direction and looks buggy in general.

Another thing that isn't exactly related. The 'perfect' necklace doesn't protect from the acid attack, any recoil/typeless damage, some special attacks, etc. Would it be easy to add a true immunity effect to it? Would make testing things easier.

Some max hits:

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:37 am

Some observations :
  • Why do Shamans drop so many herbs? Seem rather pointless to drop 9 different herbs ( avantoe, lantadyme, kwuarm, ranarr, snapdragon, dwarf weeds, toadflax, cadantine, torstol). In OSRS they only drop kwuarm, dwarf weed, lantadyme and cadantine.
  • Why no Xeric's talisman , xerician fabric and lizardman fangs? The talisman is super useful to teleport around Zeah ( our future Zeah better said ) and the xerician fabric is just gonna be a cheaper alternative for crafting.
  • Why there are there 3 entries for the rune warhammer drop?
  • WE NEED SOME ALCHABLES, not too expensive, but we need them. You can make really good money at Shamans in OSRS even if you don't get the dragon warhammer drop. But here? You're just gonna end up having the same herbs, some coal and some iron. We could add some mystics staves to the drop table, increase the prices to like 8-9m (just so it won't be a red text) and have them as a common drop. Could also increase the price for the lava mystic staff from Cerberus.
  • I love the ranking system, but could we get the list of killcounts at which we unlock the tiers? For it to not be an inconvenient, it should be something like this :
    - 50 kills = tier 1
    - 100 kills = tier 2
    - 150 kills = tier 3
    - 200 kills = tier 4
    - 250 kills = tier 5
  • Add some shayzien warriors to fight the little lizardman near the handholds, also move all little lizardman much closer to the handholds. They shouldn't attack you while you are in the Shamans area, and they would get killed passively, by the cannon.
  • The dragon warhammer spec has a visual glitch when you switch to the hammer really quickly :
    Spoiler: show