Abyssal Sire & major PvM combat changes

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Abyssal Sire & major PvM combat changes

Post by Iron adam » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:40 am

Thelategamer wrote:How will adding stats to NPC's effect unlocking death? Would it still be one of the best methods to use to PVM? For the high price of the m stone and rarity, I would hope so.
Well considering Death has +225 magic defence and at least +400 in every other defensive stat, it should be very tanky compared to most gear. Death is also crush only attack style, so it would be better on bosses that are weak to crush.

OT: While I like the idea and effort going into updating the combat system, I would be cautious. Most Pkhonor players are simple pvmers. They don't want a challenge. They just want to click, look away, loot, and repeat. If PvM is made much more difficult, I think we would alienate a large chunk of our player base. We saw the outrage with fixing brew mechanics, and I think this would be much worse if it is too hard. It will be good to have variety in bossing, where some weapons are better than others. But don't make every boss/monster take longer to kill.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:52 pm

Admin adam wrote:
Thelategamer wrote:How will adding stats to NPC's effect unlocking death? Would it still be one of the best methods to use to PVM? For the high price of the m stone and rarity, I would hope so.
Well considering Death has +225 magic defence and at least +400 in every other defensive stat, it should be very tanky compared to most gear. Death is also crush only attack style, so it would be better on bosses that are weak to crush.

OT: While I like the idea and effort going into updating the combat system, I would be cautious. Most Pkhonor players are simple pvmers. They don't want a challenge. They just want to click, look away, loot, and repeat. If PvM is made much more difficult, I think we would alienate a large chunk of our player base. We saw the outrage with fixing brew mechanics, and I think this would be much worse if it is too hard. It will be good to have variety in bossing, where some weapons are better than others. But don't make every boss/monster take longer to kill.
I meant death would be hit less since the NPCs would have more defence, and players are already complaining about all the nerfs to death.

I agree with you on making it take longer to kill bosses everyone's used to taking only so long on pkhonor would be a negative. I'm not sure how I feel about making pvm only afk clicks to eat, I personally enjoyed Cerberus needing to concentrate a bit more and would absolutely love trying raids on here with all our gear options. I think the players will adjust over time if it's introduced, since Cerberus was a home run imo.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:16 am

Admin adam wrote:Most Pkhonor players are simple pvmers. They don't want a challenge.
No Faith

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:22 am

Kenneth wrote:
Admin adam wrote:Most Pkhonor players are simple pvmers. They don't want a challenge.
No Faith
It's true. And it includes myself to a degree.

Revenantduff
Premium Donator

Post by Revenantduff » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:58 am

Admin adam wrote:
Kenneth wrote:
No Faith
I'd love some version of the inferno

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:59 am

No Faith[/quote]
It's true. And it includes myself to a degree.[/quote]

hmmm im a simple pvmer yet id happily take on a challenge find some faith boyo
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:12 am

Admin adam wrote:
Kenneth wrote:
No Faith
I'd happily take on a pvm challenge if there were one. Seeing as there is not, I'll simply sit in my corner and continue being a "simple" pvmer

As well, having bosses that require attention and focus (and possibly almost requiring prayer flicking) may not be so bad. It may help to push those "simple pvmers" to reach new heights. Having challenges isn't a bad thing, being afraid of pushing people to challenge themselves is a bad thing.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:18 am

Nickrock234 wrote:I'd happily take on a pvm challenge if there were one. Seeing as there is not, I'll simply sit in my corner and continue being a "simple" pvmer

As well, having bosses that require attention and focus (and possibly almost requiring prayer flicking) may not be so bad. It may help to push those "simple pvmers" to reach new heights. Having challenges isn't a bad thing, being afraid of pushing people to challenge themselves is a bad thing.
I never said having a challenge is bad. Its just that the majority of players like easy pvming. They will quit if every single boss is made more difficult.

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:10 am

Still hoping for something like raids so that group pvming can be more interesting than just massing a boss.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Egolith wrote:Still hoping for something like raids so that group pvming can be more interesting than just massing a boss.
Only goal I have left is 46b total and I'm not very excited about it... I'd love some new quests or some kind of content locked behind a difficult requirement/task. Gimme something to grind for, I don't even care if the reward sucks.