Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Jonas
Fanatic

Re: Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

Post by Jonas » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:43 am

Blackbird wrote:Image

Occasionally Cerberus has no attack option and will not attack the player
The addition of key master teleport scrolls would be great aswell
Ooo the glitch re-appeared!

OT: Good stuff, Mike! Looking forward to the release.

As for boots I think both should co-exist.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks for letting me know about not being able to attack Cerberus, I've made and deployed a fix on the test server that should take care of it. As of now, you should always be able to attack her.

I had also added the spectral spirit shield effect in an update yesterday, so that should work as intended.

[Edit] I've now also fixed the smelting of ore with the infernal pickaxe. Note that in order to smelt steel/mithril/adamant/rune, you need to have the appropriate amount of coal in your inventory. I'm not sure if this is also a requirement in OSRS though, so if someone has more information about that, please let me know.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 am

Mike wrote:Thanks for letting me know about not being able to attack Cerberus, I've made and deployed a fix on the test server that should take care of it. As of now, you should always be able to attack her.

I had also added the spectral spirit shield effect in an update yesterday, so that should work as intended.
You managed to add the fire at the entrance too? That could still mean that, once you jump over it, the aggro timer for Cerberus can start.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Admin adam wrote:What do you mean by that? The inventory models are all unique. I see that when you wear them, they do look like similar, but they are still distinct. I really don't think that would be a problem as people only look to the inventory model to recognize an item.
Spoiler: show
Turns out I was slightly misinformed. They have the same wear models but they have been recolored.

Meh, we don't really care if Glacor boots stay or go. We were only considering the options because people were asking for them to be swapped. So we'll just let them stay when Cerberus gets released and if anyone still wants to see Glacor boots removed after Cerberus boots have settled into the game then we can revisit this question.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Here’s an idea:

As a reward for the wilderness diary, the glavien/ragefire boots could receive a slight stats increase while in the wilderness. This would logically follow from the 20 choc-ice task.

So, BIS in the non-wilderness would be the Cerb ranged/magic boots + steads.

In the wilderness, BIS would still be the 3 glacor boots.

The melee cerb boots would bridge the gap b/w dragon boots and the incredibly expensive steadfast boots.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:39 pm

I really think we should work to find something that will keep both sets ingame and viable. Obviously the offensive vs defensive wont interest people. So we should look to something like accuracy bonus vs strength bonus. (Similar to the arcane necklaces) Another option would be making one set more viable for hybrid styles, while the other set has higher offensive bonuses for its main style at the cost of negative bonuses on the other two styles. This will be much easier to see with the numbers.

Here are the current stats of all 6 boots. The stats are actually really similar. Probably much closer than most people think. They are boots after all and don't have very high stats to begin with.

Here is a concept that makes the Cerb boots BiS for using a single style, but keeps Glacor boots extremely useful and viable for hybrid pking/pvm. While the Cerb boots have higher attack bonuses for their respective style, they have high negative bonuses for the other two styles. The Glacor boots have lower attack bonuses in their respective styles but no negative bonuses in the other two styles.

We don't have to go with something exactly like this. We could even switch this proposal between the two sets.
The point is, we have so many options for balancing these boots and keeping both sets ingame. It makes no sense to remove content. Not every item has to be Best in slot for every stat. Variation is what keeps the game interesting and forces players to make choices. Want a higher attack bonus in melee, well it is going to cost you your mage attack bonus.

Mkc
Honor Player

Post by Mkc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:42 pm

Couldn't you just have cerb drop the crystals, and rather than combining with the usual dboot, infinity, and ranger boots, you combine them with the glaiv, rage, and steads? That way both pieces of content can remain in the game with no major changes. The only change i think would be needed is possibly a buff to the prim +str bonus to make it worth combining with the steads. I'm sure that would take a lot more work/coding but just a thought.

Dr phyll
Premium Donator

Post by Dr phyll » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Great content!

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Admin adam wrote:I really think we should work to find something that will keep both sets ingame and viable. Obviously the offensive vs defensive wont interest people. So we should look to something like accuracy bonus vs strength bonus. (Similar to the arcane necklaces) Another option would be making one set more viable for hybrid styles, while the other set has higher offensive bonuses for its main style at the cost of negative bonuses on the other two styles. This will be much easier to see with the numbers.

Here are the current stats of all 6 boots. The stats are actually really similar. Probably much closer than most people think. They are boots after all and don't have very high stats to begin with.

Here is a concept that makes the Cerb boots BiS for using a single style, but keeps Glacor boots extremely useful and viable for hybrid pking/pvm. While the Cerb boots have higher attack bonuses for their respective style, they have high negative bonuses for the other two styles. The Glacor boots have lower attack bonuses in their respective styles but no negative bonuses in the other two styles.

We don't have to go with something exactly like this. We could even switch this proposal between the two sets.
The point is, we have so many options for balancing these boots and keeping both sets ingame. It makes no sense to remove content. Not every item has to be Best in slot for every stat. Variation is what keeps the game interesting and forces players to make choices. Want a higher attack bonus in melee, well it is going to cost you your mage attack bonus.
I honestly don't see a point in doing so. Yes, it is a really good idea, but Rapsey's plan to remove them after a month or so and exchange them with the current value sounds much better ( sorry, I am extremely biased against Glacors, Glacors boots and RS3\pre eoc content).

Somezombie
Premium Donator

Post by Somezombie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Just did some tests on the test server, simple way to fix the problem I'm about to mention.

So if you're fighting the boss and teleport away (or pass through flames to exit), you can re-enter with boss back at the same hp you left it at. Which isn't entirely broken until you consider that if boss spawns the 3 spirits, you can pass through flames and that'll cause the spirits to despawn, which you can then re-enter and continue the fight; essentially skipping the spirits.

One simple fix could be to reset the boss to full hp when leaving the area? That's what's supposed to happen according to Respire :)

Love the boss fight though, would also like seeing spectral being used here for the 50% pray drain reduction.