Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

Post by Ruler » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:47 pm

A iron girl wrote:Perhaps make it one of the few monsters that drops high end supplies. Runite ores, Runite Bars, Overloads etc.
This sounds nice, together with a complete revamp of some boss drop tables.

Keep glacor boots & cerberus boots alongside eachother for a while so doing cerberus feels new. Remove glacor boots from glacor droptable and convert all glacor boots to cerberus boots.

Glacors are difficult, make it give nice supplies, which brings me to the next point. Revamp many bosses. A boss like wildywyrm is nice as there is one goal why you do it; pkp and pcp. Many bosses, mainly in the wildy, have the same droptable now. Arch, fanatic, scorpia, venenatis, callisto, vetion. Their droptables are very similar, so you can just camp one of those. Would be nice if there was more difference between these bosses, one would drop mainly pots (super prayers, super restores, overloads, brews), one would drop smithing supplies, one would drop hides, one would drop logs, one would drop herbs etc etc. Use this revamp to revamp glacor droptable.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Why is it not attackable until it aggros on you? Sometimes NPCs just won't attack you, making it impossible to attack it.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Will be ok
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
Rapsey wrote:We're not really a fan of replacing all glacor boots with cerberus boots on release. It seems to me that this would ruin the release of the boss seeing as the boots are the main reason to go do cerberus. Swapping them would mean there's immediately thousands of pairs of boots in the game and thus very little incentive to go pay cerberus a visit. In addition it's hard to predict what the price of the cerberus boots would become and in all likelihood players' boots would be devalued by the swap.

Instead I propose the following:

On release nothing happens to glacor boots. We allow glacor boots and cerberus boots to coexist for a while. Then after a month or so, we swap all glacor boots for their current item value. This way nothing gets devalued, no one suddenly finds themselves without a good pair of boots to wear (or to buy) and cerberus won't be dead content from the day it's released.
I am actually really fine with this. Huge support.

Not sure if I agree with swapping for current prices. The ::prices for stead’s is somewhere around 15-16B when in reality they sell for up to 20B could cause headaches.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Troll n roll wrote:Why is it not attackable until it aggros on you? Sometimes NPCs just won't attack you, making it impossible to attack it.
It has a timer ( idk how much, she will attack you once she “finds” you in her lair). If you are to teleport from the lair and come back, she won’t aggro you at all, so you just need to relog, which is really incovenient.

Revenantduff
Premium Donator

Post by Revenantduff » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Big fan of adding crush to the Hasta and making Cerb weak to crush, right now all we have is like, C maul and Godswords (until bludgeon which will then be BIS) - and adding Spectral shield having its passive from osrs

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:00 pm

Revenantduff wrote:Big fan of adding crush to the Hasta and making Cerb weak to crush, right now all we have is like, C maul and Godswords (until bludgeon which will then be BIS) - and adding Spectral shield having its passive from osrs
Add crush to the Hasta? What???

Revenantduff
Premium Donator

Post by Revenantduff » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:18 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Add crush to the Hasta? What???
I tried and it didn't have the animation so I just figured it didn't work

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Revenantduff wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:Add crush to the Hasta? What???
I tried and it didn't have the animation so I just figured it didn't work
I am pretty sure that the animations are gonna get an update whenever we’re gonna have a new database update.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:29 pm

The infernal pick does a smelting animation when it procs, it also just replaces an ore instead of adding a bar.

Edit: It also will proc and still require coal?
Last edited by Kenneth on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:50 pm

Occasionally Cerberus has no attack option and will not attack the player
The addition of key master teleport scrolls would be great aswell