Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Somezombie wrote:Just did some tests on the test server, simple way to fix the problem I'm about to mention.

So if you're fighting the boss and teleport away (or pass through flames to exit), you can re-enter with boss back at the same hp you left it at. Which isn't entirely broken until you consider that if boss spawns the 3 spirits, you can pass through flames and that'll cause the spirits to despawn, which you can then re-enter and continue the fight; essentially skipping the spirits.

One simple fix could be to reset the boss to full hp when leaving the area? That's what's supposed to happen according to Respire :)

Love the boss fight though, would also like seeing spectral being used here for the 50% pray drain reduction.
The spectral actually works for the prayer, you should try it.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:44 pm

Respire1337 wrote:I honestly don't see a point in doing so. Yes, it is a really good idea, but Rapsey's plan to remove them after a month or so and exchange them with the current value sounds much better ( sorry, I am extremely biased against Glacors, Glacors boots and RS3\pre eoc content).
I get that people like the OSRS content more. But it honestly just wouldn't hurt if they coexist. The boss will remain the same, we will provide more playable content as a server. People will be able to keep their items. Cerb can be camped for BIS boots for both magic and ranged and people who would want to go to Glacors could just go there.

I don't see why they should be removed. I myself just can't think of a single point why they can't coexist.

Alex, in your opinion, why would it be better when ONLY the Cerb boots existed?
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Somezombie
Premium Donator

Post by Somezombie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
Somezombie wrote:Just did some tests on the test server, simple way to fix the problem I'm about to mention.

So if you're fighting the boss and teleport away (or pass through flames to exit), you can re-enter with boss back at the same hp you left it at. Which isn't entirely broken until you consider that if boss spawns the 3 spirits, you can pass through flames and that'll cause the spirits to despawn, which you can then re-enter and continue the fight; essentially skipping the spirits.

One simple fix could be to reset the boss to full hp when leaving the area? That's what's supposed to happen according to Respire :)

Love the boss fight though, would also like seeing spectral being used here for the 50% pray drain reduction.
The spectral actually works for the prayer, you should try it.
Yea noticed it late, love that it's finally useful

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Thoby wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:I honestly don't see a point in doing so. Yes, it is a really good idea, but Rapsey's plan to remove them after a month or so and exchange them with the current value sounds much better ( sorry, I am extremely biased against Glacors, Glacors boots and RS3\pre eoc content).
I get that people like the OSRS content more. But it honestly just wouldn't hurt if they coexist. The boss will remain the same, we will provide more playable content as a server. People will be able to keep their items. Cerb can be camped for BIS boots for both magic and ranged and people who would want to go to Glacors could just go there.

I don't see why they should be removed. I myself just can't think of a single point why they can't coexist.

Alex, in your opinion, why would it be better when ONLY the Cerb boots existed?
CONTENT. Cerberus is CONTENT, Glacors are a big pile of steamy frozen ashes. I would rather have something that is best in slot come from a boss that require some skill (not to mention that is gonna be just task only) versus some frozen skeletons that got abused by players over the years by various bugs.
We're moving forward, we need to evolve. Sticking to the old , outdated content that most of the community hates is not gonna help us.

Remove PvP gears 2k19

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 am

After reading through this whole thread (can't believe you guys didn't tell me about this post :oops: Thanks Adam ) I agree with Rapsey's original idea of swapping them over in a month or so. Reason being, I can't see Cerberus taking longer to kill than a Glacor, and unless Cerberus drop rate is extremely low (as if Glacors aren't), his BIS mage/range boots will be easier to get than ragefires and glaivens.

Also, I don't see why 2/3 boots will be BIS and the 3rd just not.. I understand wanting to stick to OSRS, but I think this will not only confuse players on release, it will confuse new players later down the line. Keeping 1 set would avoid all this.

There can be multiple options for players, which isn't a bad thing, but 1 turn off from RS3 IMO is too many options. If I tried to start a new account today I'd be so lost in what's good and what isn't in terms of BIS, and I think it's a bad model to follow on here for new players wanting to join and get a hang of PkHonor.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:53 am

The Infernal pickaxe is able to mine approximately 15,000 ores (consuming 5,000 of them) before degrading, requiring another Smouldering stone to charge it. When fully depleted, the pickaxe can still be used as a regular Dragon pickaxe. However, it will remain untradeable.
From the OSRS wiki seen here

Would the pickaxe/axe also degrade after 15k of each material cut/mined? and would things like coal aid towards that 15k count?

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:38 am

Respire1337 wrote: CONTENT. Cerberus is CONTENT, Glacors are a big pile of steamy frozen ashes. I would rather have something that is best in slot come from a boss that require some skill (not to mention that is gonna be just task only) versus some frozen skeletons that got abused by players over the years by various bugs.
We're moving forward, we need to evolve. Sticking to the old , outdated content that most of the community hates is not gonna help us.

Remove PvP gears 2k19
Glacors are CONTENT too, regardless of your opinion of them. Leave the items in game as if and give people a choice as Adam said. If you feel there are not enough people doing glacors, due to shitty drop rates, or being annoying to kill, listen to the damn suggestions that have been made for ages (make them weak to fire/blood, give them a better drop table outside of the boots, make it worth doing), and this doesn't just go for glacors, look at TDS, strykewyrms, and so on.

There is no realistic reason to begin removing items from the game hat are already established just because a newer and shinier item is introduced. Think about it, why are all the imps other than kinglie and possibly dragon in game? No real reason to go catch any, lets remove them. Why are there any axes or pickaxes in game other than iron, rune, and dragon? With our exp rates, you don't need any of the others, remove them. This argument can be used with just about every aspect of the game and imo is silly.

Let there be choices. If having both sets of boots is a problem because "cerb's will be easier to get than glacors aka shitty drop rate", then match the drop rates, match the time to kill vs profit for similar items, hell make glacors slayer only, (not like it really matters here).

As it stands now, there is very little variation, if any, in what you wear when pvming/pking. For a normal non-iron player, you do some afk pvm, get a clue, sell it, buy bandos, rinse and repeat. There is no challenge or struggle for getting good gear on here. There's no challenge when you receive lamps a new account and are basically maxed combat from the start.

Little off topic, but I personally suggest making a "player class/game mode" where you choose to have slower XP rates (still faster than OSRS), where the decisions of what I can get, what I have to grind, without being solely an iron account.

/rant

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 am

Cancerstick wrote:
Respire1337 wrote: CONTENT. Cerberus is CONTENT, Glacors are a big pile of steamy frozen ashes. I would rather have something that is best in slot come from a boss that require some skill (not to mention that is gonna be just task only) versus some frozen skeletons that got abused by players over the years by various bugs.

Remove PvP gears 2k19
Glacors are CONTENT too, regardless of your opinion of them. Leave the items in game as if and give people a choice as Adam said. If you feel there are not enough people doing glacors, due to shitty drop rates, or being annoying to kill, listen to the damn suggestions that have been made for ages (make them weak to fire/blood, give them a better drop table outside of the boots, make it worth doing), and this doesn't just go for glacors, look at TDS, strykewyrms, and so on.

There is no realistic reason to begin removing items from the game hat are already established just because a newer and shinier item is introduced. Think about it, why are all the imps other than kinglie and possibly dragon in game? No real reason to go catch any, lets remove them. Why are there any axes or pickaxes in game other than iron, rune, and dragon? With our exp rates, you don't need any of the others, remove them. This argument can be used with just about every aspect of the game and imo is silly.

Let there be choices. If having both sets of boots is a problem because "cerb's will be easier to get than glacors aka shitty drop rate", then match the drop rates, match the time to kill vs profit for similar items, hell make glacors slayer only, (not like it really matters here).

As it stands now, there is very little variation, if any, in what you wear when pvming/pking. For a normal non-iron player, you do some afk pvm, get a clue, sell it, buy bandos, rinse and repeat. There is no challenge or struggle for getting good gear on here. There's no challenge when you receive lamps a new account and are basically maxed combat from the start.

Little off topic, but I personally suggest making a "player class/game mode" where you choose to have slower XP rates (still faster than OSRS), where the decisions of what I can get, what I have to grind, without being solely an iron account.

/rant
I've always supported the slower xp rate option, people like it and it would be content. As for everything else you said yes Glacors are content I say keep both variations of boots. Solid rant man it wasn't full of B.S. insults I respect and agree.
Check out my Youtube channel!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 am

Good catch. I had already made it so that if the player teleports out of the room, its hitpoints will be reset, but this didn't apply when you pass the wall of flames. I've done so now, so if you pass the wall of flames, it will reset to max HP thereby taking care of the issue.

The spectral spirit shield also works as intended.

As for the glacor boots, I think it's best to leave them as they are for now. We can still decide what to do with them later on, but there is a good chance we won't change them at all. I understand it may seem a bit illogical to have the BIS boots for ranged and magic, but not for melee, but considering how expensive the steadfast boots are, I think it's a good thing to have a somewhat cheaper alternative from Cerberus.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Mike wrote: As for the glacor boots, I think it's best to leave them as they are for now. We can still decide what to do with them later on, but there is a good chance we won't change them at all. I understand it may seem a bit illogical to have the BIS boots for ranged and magic, but not for melee, but considering how expensive the steadfast boots are, I think it's a good thing to have a somewhat cheaper alternative from Cerberus.
If we're going to leave both sets in the game, something needs to change to glacors. I can't imagine Cerberus taking longer to kill than glacors, and their drop rate is unbearably low to now only give the 2nd bis boots (other than stead's).