Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Thoby
Developer

Re: Cerberus coming soon - some testing needed

Post by Thoby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Why not just let both exist. The ranged and magic boots of Cerb will be BIS, so there would always be incentive to go.
I don't get why there needs to be an update to the Glacor boots. Just let them exist. What's the big deal with having both?
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Thoby wrote:Why not just let both exist. The ranged and magic boots of Cerb will be BIS, so there would always be incentive to go.
I don't get why there needs to be an update to the Glacor boots. Just let them exist. What's the big deal with having both?
Well for one thing our glacor boots use the models of the cerberus boots so that would be rather confusing.

Will be ok
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Thoby wrote:Why not just let both exist. The ranged and magic boots of Cerb will be BIS, so there would always be incentive to go.
Well for one thing our glacor boots use the models of the cerberus boots so that would be rather confusing.
Can I consider this confirmation that the boots will change over? So I should hoard my boot set?

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Respire1337 wrote: - crush based weapons ( like the zamorakian hasta for example ) should have better accuracy vs Cerberus. Slightly nerf the accuracy of everything that doesn't have a crush option and slightly increase it for weapons that have the crush style option
hasta isnt a crush based wep, its stab. Cmaul is crush based.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Ruler wrote:hasta isnt a crush based wep, its stab. Cmaul is crush based.
I only see one way of fixing this, add Abyssal Sire with Cerberus for Abyssal Bludgeon or game unplayable.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Ruler wrote:
Respire1337 wrote: - crush based weapons ( like the zamorakian hasta for example ) should have better accuracy vs Cerberus. Slightly nerf the accuracy of everything that doesn't have a crush option and slightly increase it for weapons that have the crush style option
hasta isnt a crush based wep, its stab. Cmaul is crush based.
Hasta should be the best crush dps ( because of the speed and the ability to use a dragon defender alongside) after the abyssal bludgeon ( that will come soon too I hope ).

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:11 pm

Will be ok wrote:Can I consider this confirmation that the boots will change over? So I should hoard my boot set?
No. This is just a proposal so we can hear your opinions on it before we decide what's going to happen.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:12 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Aren't they all coloured quite differently though? Idk if that should be the only reason.

What would we do with our Glacors?
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:40 pm

Rapsey wrote:
What do you mean by that? The inventory models are all unique. I see that when you wear them, they do look like similar, but they are still distinct. I really don't think that would be a problem as people only look to the inventory model to recognize an item.
Spoiler: show

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Rapsey wrote:We're not really a fan of replacing all glacor boots with cerberus boots on release. It seems to me that this would ruin the release of the boss seeing as the boots are the main reason to go do cerberus. Swapping them would mean there's immediately thousands of pairs of boots in the game and thus very little incentive to go pay cerberus a visit. In addition it's hard to predict what the price of the cerberus boots would become and in all likelihood players' boots would be devalued by the swap.

Instead I propose the following:

On release nothing happens to glacor boots. We allow glacor boots and cerberus boots to coexist for a while. Then after a month or so, we swap all glacor boots for their current item value. This way nothing gets devalued, no one suddenly finds themselves without a good pair of boots to wear (or to buy) and cerberus won't be dead content from the day it's released.
Yes. Support. It's a great compromise.