Current wilderness achievement diary tasks

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Amount
Premium Donator

Re: Current wilderness achievement diary tasks

Post by Amount » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:54 am

Wir3d wrote:Forgot BH boosting is completely gone, my bad. No way could anyone just sit in edgy, keep relogging to get his friend as target, wont be that long since there are limited people in wildy, and just get a kill with said weapon. If we want people to come to wildy, we shouldn't limit them to certain weapon they "have" to use to complete a task then never use that weapon again. I agree, it would be fun to see people use a variety of weapons, but since there are only a handful of spec weapons people rely on to get kills, it wont change anytime soon.

Im trying to say is, rather than put more rng based achievements into the diary, put some stuff that takes actual time to do where people can learn mechanics of pking if they are new and for the people that are already know what to do, its just a simple task which won't hinder their pking experience rather than make them use a certain weapon they wouldn't normal use. We want to welcome people to the wildy to enjoy that aspect of the game, rather than force them to wildy to do a certain task with a certain item that they are not familiar with or won't ever use it again and make it miserable for them to complete a single task.

I would rather see an achievement where it forces people to get a kills above level 20 wildy than see people attempt to pk with a failed weapon in level 1 wildy. I just dont want to force people to pk a certain way to get a task done and then be done with it forever and never used again. The hype will be there for the first couple weeks but it'll die out again once people are done with the task. Make it where a player stays interested in entering wildly knowing he can have fun pking rather than limit him on what he can and can't use.
My perspective (someone on the opposite side of the coin): As someone who doesn't PK, I wouldn't want to have learn the mechanics of PKing. If I don't enjoy something, I don't want to have to spend time and effort to learn it.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Sounds decent however I have a problem with the xp bonyses on BH plus the the diary where you have to kill people whilist taking no damage. Why are you forcing skillers to the wilderness to gain more xp and in return having no profit? Bh shouldn't be a game of forcing people to play it in turn to get the best xp possible. You dropped the ball on that one in my opinion. Better start adding skilling requirements in order to use certain shortcuts and so on to make it more fair, no? Want to force skillers to wild to get the best xp possible then force pkers to skill to get those areas.
ImageImage

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:Sounds decent however I have a problem with the xp bonyses on BH plus the the diary where you have to kill people whilist taking no damage. Why are you forcing skillers to the wilderness to gain more xp and in return having no profit? Bh shouldn't be a game of forcing people to play it in turn to get the best xp possible. You dropped the ball on that one in my opinion. Better start adding skilling requirements in order to use certain shortcuts and so on to make it more fair, no? Want to force skillers to wild to get the best xp possible then force pkers to skill to get those areas.
Nobody is forcing anyone lol. These are the requirements established to obtain the COMPLETIONIST CAPE. Skillers don’t get a comp cape. Same argument that’s been said over and over: ironmen, skillers, pvmers, pkers, etc., all CHOOSE to limit themselves. Bonus xp and drop rates are justified for having bounty hunter on. You don’t want to be hunted? Turn it off and don’t have the bonus xp. Nobody skills in the wilderness anyways, so it’s literally not a big deal at all - don’t make it into one.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:Sounds decent however I have a problem with the xp bonyses on BH plus the the diary where you have to kill people whilist taking no damage. Why are you forcing skillers to the wilderness to gain more xp and in return having no profit? Bh shouldn't be a game of forcing people to play it in turn to get the best xp possible. You dropped the ball on that one in my opinion. Better start adding skilling requirements in order to use certain shortcuts and so on to make it more fair, no? Want to force skillers to wild to get the best xp possible then force pkers to skill to get those areas.
Nobody is forcing anyone lol. These are the requirements established to obtain the COMPLETIONIST CAPE. Skillers don’t get a comp cape. Same argument that’s been said over and over: ironmen, skillers, pvmers, pkers, etc., all CHOOSE to limit themselves. Bonus xp and drop rates are justified for having bounty hunter on. You don’t want to be hunted? Turn it off and don’t have the bonus xp. Nobody skills in the wilderness anyways, so it’s literally not a big deal at all - don’t make it into one.
Recomend you watching this as you have no clue of the mindset of a skiller. Putting best xp methods in the wild is forcing a skiller to the wild as the most effective way to skill. If you're not doing properly if you're not being effective.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70778
ImageImage

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:56 pm

I’ve seen the video, I’ve seen you recommend to others the video, I don’t believe every word in the video.

Good points are made, but I don’t agree with all of them. We don’t need to follow suit with everyone. Our wild is inactive - it’s not forcing someone to go into the wild for the best xp rates; it’s done by choice. You can safely gain xp and retain gp or you can risk gp and gain the best xp. How do you consider that as forcing someone’s hand? They’re doing it by choice bc they want to optimize how quickly they gain xp. Also, they’re more than welcome to turn off Bh - having it on just allows them to reap the additional rewards.

Play with brains - you don’t always have to be utilizing the most efficient method of experience. That’s like saying the wildy agil course is forcing people into the wild bc it offers the best xp. I’d happily risk my life to get 99 agility faster because I choose to not care about kdr. If I cared, I’d hunt black warlocks and continue to use the gnome course.

Ayeno1
Premium Donator

Post by Ayeno1 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:17 am

Well and truly it just looks like the requirements for comp has just been tripled .
A lot seems so unneeded.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:31 am

Ayoisno1 wrote:Well and truly it just looks like the requirements for comp has just been tripled .
A lot seems so unneeded.
It has, but there’s also a lot of new content. You can’t call it a completionist cape if you’ve only completed half of the game.

Hoard
Premium Donator

Post by Hoard » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:06 am

Why don't we just take all wildy reqs away from the regular comp cape. but you gotta do all that shit to unlock trimmed ones.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:52 am

Hoard wrote:Why don't we just take all wildy reqs away from the regular comp cape. but you gotta do all that shit to unlock trimmed ones.
I could see it working if we only used a reduced portion of the PVP reqs, but I don't think they should be completely removed.

Same way you have to do most but not all of skilling 200m+, make it like 75% of PVP reqs for reg comp, 100% for trimmed.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:00 am

Hoard wrote:Why don't we just take all wildy reqs away from the regular comp cape. but you gotta do all that shit to unlock trimmed ones.
If you want to get the completionist cape, you have to complete the game. That includes the pvp/wilderness aspect. That is just the nature of the item. If you chose to restrict yourself by not playing a piece of content, that is fine. But you aren't entitled to this cape.

I think people feel entitled because of how good the capes are. #RemoveEnchantedbtw