Current wilderness achievement diary tasks

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Current wilderness achievement diary tasks

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm

After a lot of deliberation and weighing of options, I have come up with a new complete list of wilderness achievements and rewards. Consider this topic the final feedback round (I hope) before we can settle on the final list. If you think I forgot to include a certain wilderness activity in my list, do let me know. Suggestions for extra challenges are also still welcome.

Ironman mode players vs regular players
There are 2 sets of tasks: a set of PvM/skilling tasks and a set of PvP tasks. Regular players need to complete both sets, while Ironman Mode players only need to complete the PvM/skilling set. However, Ironman Mode players will need to perform 2x as many of each PvM/skilling task as regular players in order to complete their task.

For example, regular players need to obtain 4 pieces of PvP requirement as drops from revenants. Ironman Mode players need to obtain 8 of these pieces to complete this task.

I'm also considering to give regular players the option to complete 2x as many PvM tasks instead of the PvP tasks. For this, they need to talk to Nastroth. Whether to allow this option is up for debate, but I'm sure that players that only do PvM and/or skilling will enjoy the ability to obtain the completionist cape without being forced to participate in PK'ing. However, if we add this feature, we should make sure that this option is the least interesting, as the PvP tasks should take less time than the PvM tasks

Boss tasks
There are 8 boss tasks that require you to obtain a semi-rare item from said boss (and 1 global boss pet task). To make sure players don't miss out on this task due to bad luck - and to give veterans the ability to skip this task - there is an alternative tasks to kill a certain amount of this boss instead. The amounts are always chosen as such that obtaining the item is on average faster than getting the boss kills (if you've never killed that boss before).

Current tracking of tasks
We currently only track boss kills, anything else will only start to be tracked as soon as the achievement diary is released. This means that players can already do the alternative boss kill task for 8 of our wilderness bosses if they want, but for all other tasks they will need to wait for the update.

500 PK killcount compensation
Players who already have player kills will have a part of each PvP task completed. My current proposal is to have 2/3rd of all PvP tasks completed for players who have 500 kills or more (rounded down), so a player with 500 kills would receive 10/15 Barrows Set kills, 13/20 of kills with a normal prayer book, 1333/2000 DFS special damage, etc..

Players with less than 500 kills would receive the same kind of compensation based on how many kills they have. For example, someone with 250 kills would have 1/3rd of all tasks done, a player with 50 kills would have 1/15th of all tasks done etc..

For Ironman Mode players, I would propose something similar, except that 500 player kills would equal completion of 1/3rd of the PvM/skilling tasks where you need to obtain 20 or more of something (alternative boss kills not included).

PvM/skilling tasks
  • WildyWyrm: 1 clue scroll or 40 kills
  • King Black Dragon: 1 draconic visage or 120 kills
  • Venenatis: 1 treasonous ring or 250 kills
  • Callisto: 1 tyrannical ring or 250 kills
  • Vet'ion: 1 ring of the gods or 100 kills
  • Scorpia: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 60 kills
  • Cr. Archaeologist: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 80 kills
  • Chaos Fanatic: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 80 kills
  • Boss pet: 1 from any wild boss or kill each boss 150 times
  • Revenants: 4 pieces of PvP armour
  • Mage Arena: 3 different god capes
  • Glacors (in wild): 30 choc-ice
  • Frost dragons (in wild): 100 frost dragon bones
  • Frost dragons: 20 kills using no anti dragonfire measures
  • Lava dragons: 120 lava dragon bones
  • Chaos elemental: 300 hand cannon shots
  • Chaos elemental: 5 full solo kills while staying under 40hp
  • Regular dragons (in wild): 500 dragon bones
  • Agility Course: 100 laps wearing spotted/spottier cape
  • Clue scroll: 10 clue steps in the wilderness
  • Black salamanders: 100 caught
  • Black chinchompas: 150 caught
  • Dark crabs: 300 caught
  • Magic logs: 300 cut
  • Runite golems: 300 runite ore mined
PvP tasks (only on Bounty Hunter targets)
  • Tier 7 emblems: 3
  • Artifact drops from player kills: 4
  • Full kills while using normal prayer book: 20
  • Full kills while wearing any full Barrows set: 15
  • Full kills without taking any damage: 3
  • Full kills with a ranged weapon: 5
  • Loot from player kills: 1B worth
  • PkHonor Points from player kills: 2000
  • Pest Control Points from player kills: 300
  • Dealt 200 damage in less than 10 seconds: 20 times
  • Damage with poison or venom: 100
  • Damage with vengeance, deflect or recoil: 2000
  • Dragonfire shield special attack damage: 2000

Hoard
Premium Donator

Re: Current wilderness achievement diary tasks

Post by Hoard » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:18 pm

I was told pkp reqs were being removed completely for irons...? now we gotta 2x what regulars do? gah damn

what if we have already gotten most of those drops? can we trade in the drop somewhere to get that achievement?

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Looking good. Regards to the 1B worth of loot is that in 1 kill or total a loot worth of 1b? Also with the kill in full barrows armour does that mean we need to get the kill with the weapon or just the armour? Also I feel like the tier is too high or shouldn't be added, I'm a rubbish PKER so this will be too hard for me??

Teh prophet
Novice

Post by Teh prophet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 pm

On the Chaos Elemental tasks specifically, what is the benefit of requiring the new 50 KC for that NPC for comp and also requiring the drops under the Wilderness Achievement Diary? Or would the completion of the 50 kills negate the need for the 300 Hand Cannon shots much like WildyWyrm, Venenatis, etc.?

Additionally, if the only kills that count towards the PVP tasks are Bounty Hunter kills, I'm not sure of the feasibility of completing 3 kills without taking any damage at all. You'd have to be lucky enough to land a Wildy Agil Course skiller as a task to have a shot.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Teh prophet wrote:On the Chaos Elemental tasks specifically, what is the benefit of requiring the new 50 KC for that NPC for comp and also requiring the drops under the Wilderness Achievement Diary? Or would the completion of the 50 kills negate the need for the 300 Hand Cannon shots much like WildyWyrm, Venenatis, etc.?
That is a good point, because there is indeed not really an alternative for the 50 Chaos Elemental kills. It's the only boss that doesn't have a semi-rare drop (and an alternative in kills), so maybe we should consider adding one for that boss after all.

Teh prophet wrote:Additionally, if the only kills that count towards the PVP tasks are Bounty Hunter kills, I'm not sure of the feasibility of completing 3 kills without taking any damage at all. You'd have to be lucky enough to land a Wildy Agil Course skiller as a task to have a shot.
I'm also not entirely sure. The task can be removed, but we'd need some interesting challenge in return. Ideas anyone?

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Mike wrote:
Teh prophet wrote:On the Chaos Elemental tasks specifically, what is the benefit of requiring the new 50 KC for that NPC for comp and also requiring the drops under the Wilderness Achievement Diary? Or would the completion of the 50 kills negate the need for the 300 Hand Cannon shots much like WildyWyrm, Venenatis, etc.?
That is a good point, because there is indeed not really an alternative for the 50 Chaos Elemental kills. It's the only boss that doesn't have a semi-rare drop (and an alternative in kills), so maybe we should consider adding one for that boss after all.

Teh prophet wrote:Additionally, if the only kills that count towards the PVP tasks are Bounty Hunter kills, I'm not sure of the feasibility of completing 3 kills without taking any damage at all. You'd have to be lucky enough to land a Wildy Agil Course skiller as a task to have a shot.
I'm also not entirely sure. The task can be removed, but we'd need some interesting challenge in return. Ideas anyone?
Deal 90+ dmg to an opponent 5 times

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:46 pm

200 damage within 10 seconds? How many attacks can you perform in that time using a whip? Between recoil, veng, and insane rng, I feel like 200 damage in 10 seconds is going to prove very challenging (if not damn near impossible) especially having to do that 20 times.

3 kills with 0 damage is doable on pvmers, but there’s no way in hell its doable on other pkers. Maybe with the incentives you’re offering, it’ll promote more people to have Bh on.

Inb4 everyone starts bringing a cbow or recoil to cuck every pker from getting comp.
Last edited by Slap a ho on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teh prophet
Novice

Post by Teh prophet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:48 pm

Mike wrote: I'm also not entirely sure. The task can be removed, but we'd need some interesting challenge in return. Ideas anyone?
I'll brainstorm the topic over the next day or so. Maybe something involving a number of Knockout hits of 40+ damage. They can be measured by either a single hit or, in the case of multi-hit Special attacks, it can be measured by the aggregate of the hits. For example, a Chaotic Maul hit of 52 for a KO would count. Likewise, a Dragon Claws spec of 10-20-15-0 for a KO would also count, as the aggregate hit would be 45. Just a thought :D

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Slap a ho wrote:200 damage within 10 seconds? How many attacks can you perform in that time using a whip? Between recoil, veng, and insane rng, I feel like 200 damage in 10 seconds is going to prove very challenging (if not damn near impossible) especially having to do that 20 times.

3 kills with 0 damage is doable on pvmers, but there’s no way in hell its doable on other pkers. Maybe with the incentives you’re offering, it’ll promote more people to have Bh on.

Inb4 everyone starts bringing a cbow or recoil to cuck every pker from getting comp.

^^^^ Please change he's got a massive point. I know you want it to be "challenging" but this is madness.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:51 pm

Teh prophet wrote:
Mike wrote: I'm also not entirely sure. The task can be removed, but we'd need some interesting challenge in return. Ideas anyone?
I'll brainstorm the topic over the next day or so. Maybe something involving a number of Knockout hits of 40+ damage. They can be measured by either a single hit or, in the case of multi-hit Special attacks, it can be measured by the aggregate of the hits. For example, a Chaotic Maul hit of 52 for a KO would count. Likewise, a Dragon Claws spec of 10-20-15-0 for a KO would also count, as the aggregate hit would be 45. Just a thought :D
smh when was the last time someone died to a hit of less than that when it wasn't a to-the-death fight :P