Current wilderness achievement diary tasks

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Teh prophet
Novice

Re: Current wilderness achievement diary tasks

Post by Teh prophet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:52 pm

The builder wrote:
Teh prophet wrote:
Mike wrote: I'm also not entirely sure. The task can be removed, but we'd need some interesting challenge in return. Ideas anyone?
I'll brainstorm the topic over the next day or so. Maybe something involving a number of Knockout hits of 40+ damage. They can be measured by either a single hit or, in the case of multi-hit Special attacks, it can be measured by the aggregate of the hits. For example, a Chaotic Maul hit of 52 for a KO would count. Likewise, a Dragon Claws spec of 10-20-15-0 for a KO would also count, as the aggregate hit would be 45. Just a thought :D
smh when was the last time someone died to a hit of less than that when it wasn't a to-the-death fight :P
That's fine, you make a point. Raise the damage required then, make it 62+. It was just an off-the-cuff suggestion.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:53 pm

Also, by full kill, do you mean we cannot use any other form of attack? In particular for the range one, with pray range, ely, unlimited run, no brew cap, no freezes, no tb, etc., that’s literally impossible.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:54 pm

Slap a ho wrote:Also, by full kill, do you mean we cannot use any other form of attack? In particular for the range one, with pray range, ely, unlimited run, no brew cap, no freezes, no tb, etc., that’s literally impossible.
It means you have to do full damage regardless of how you do it. No one else can help you kill it.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:07 am

Rapsey wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:Also, by full kill, do you mean we cannot use any other form of attack? In particular for the range one, with pray range, ely, unlimited run, no brew cap, no freezes, no tb, etc., that’s literally impossible.
It means you have to do full damage regardless of how you do it. No one else can help you kill it.
The question was in regards to the pvp part of it though.

So if I find someone in the wild & I have to use range only because the task is “full kill with a ranged weapon”, the only chance of me getting that is if I find someone doing wildywyrm or something else and I dbow spec them. Unless I’m misinterpreting the “ranged weapon” part & magic is considered as a ranged weapon? If that’s the case, then nevermind - easily doable.

Next point, if the player is in pvm combat, does the rule apply then as well? Are we able to utilize npc’s as an additional damage dealer to help us kill the player?

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:27 am

the 200 damage in 10 seconds seems a bit high, especially to do 20x. I probably have done it like 3x ever in the past, feel like most of the time if this was actually going to happen the person dies well before you get to 200 damage :P

But hey we shall see how it works out :)

It would be cool to see like 20 ko's with a 60+ as the killing hit. A lot of weapons can do that, claws, kor, dh axe, all the gs's probably, Chaotic maul, hand cannon.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:52 am

Migetmanz wrote:the 200 damage in 10 seconds seems a bit high, especially to do 20x. I probably have done it like 3x ever in the past, feel like most of the time if this was actually going to happen the person dies well before you get to 200 damage :P

It would be cool to see like 20 ko's with a 60+ as the killing hit. A lot of weapons can do that, claws, kor, dh axe, all the gs's probably, Chaotic maul, hand cannon.
What about a war in multi, with people stacking on each other, would that work for 200?

Strdargoba
Premium Donator

Post by Strdargoba » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:14 am

To add to this, I just noticed that the PvP tasks also have to be done on only bounty hunter targets? I feel like that's pretty impossible given our current wilderness only has peak times and even if pvmer's are counted as the BH kills, it's still going to be near impossible IMO

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 am

Dfs spec is garbage now and wastes valuable ticks

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 am

200 damage in 10 seconds is damn near impossible. The odds of doing it once is slim to none.

A whip attacks every 2.4 seconds. Assuming the 10 seconds starts on the first hit, you can get 5 hits in 9.6 seconds. Rocktail brew heals 38 every 3 seconds meaning a person at 99 HP can eat 114 HP totaling 213. So you would need to hit roughly 40, five times in a row. And you can't hit to high (You'll kill them) or to low or you won't hit 200 damage. Involving special attacks in that equation is even more complicated as you'll need a combination of different weapons hitting the perfect numbers without killing them before you hit 200 damage. Unless (insert Jeremy's quote, I'm on my phone Cbf)

Also, DFS damage is more of an annoyance than a task. By that I mean if you don't have a DFS equipped at edge, prepare to be barraged by dragon fire by everyone and their mother.

I'd like to see more weapon challenges replace the unwanted/impossible tasks. "Get 10 kills with a dragon dagger, vesta longsword." Ect.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:50 am

Full kills without taking any damage: 3
100% going to be boosted, even if you rush someone you're going to take damage from their veng

The builder wrote:
Migetmanz wrote:the 200 damage in 10 seconds seems a bit high, especially to do 20x. I probably have done it like 3x ever in the past, feel like most of the time if this was actually going to happen the person dies well before you get to 200 damage :P

What about a war in multi, with people stacking on each other, would that work for 200?
no it wouldn't work because people are smart enough to not be caught in a barrage pile