Bounty Hunter rework

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Bounty Hunter rework

Post by Iron adam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Mike wrote:There are probably also some BH mechanics and possibly rewards that could use a rework. I'm not opposed to the idea of being able to receive emblem drops from your opponent, as in when you kill an opponent who has a tier 7 emblem, you receive a tier 6 emblem from them as a drop.

Perhaps the penalty system can use some changes as well. Maybe some rewards in the shop added, maybe some reworked. I'm sure there are already some threads on this topic, if so feel free to link them here or write a summary on this thread of what has been said in other threads. Either way, all input is welcome!
These are the main points that should be focused on. All of the previous points are subjective and up for debate. Bounty Hunter absolutely needs a rework, regardless of what future implications there are regarding the Wilderness Diary.

As for the mechanics, Emblems should drop to opponents upon death and be reduced by 1 100% of the time like you have said here. Every time you kill a target you also have the chance to receive a tier 1.
The BH timers have been completely broken since release. The messages a player receives are completely inconsistent (See Grizzly's post). A solution needs to happen there that is not abusable by players hopping back and forth over the wildy line.
The penalties are too high. It should be a 2-5 minute penalty regardless of what tier you have on your account. A 30-60 second penalty for killing your opponent is fine as it allows time for you to loot and regear.

The rewards all need to be reconsidered. Base the prices upon their current market values and how bh points relate to coins. No one is going to spend 40k bh points on bgloves (40m) instead of 45k for an imbue scroll (2b).

List of BH related threads:
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=69123
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=70178
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=61325
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=53458
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=68162
Will add more later.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:56 pm

Also, cba to find the thread, but you may remember what started the proposal of incentives to have BH enabled, but it was discussing glacors and the drop rate in the wildy vs. the drop rate in slayer dungeon being the same. +20% drop rate should be included. It’s not forcing pvmers into the wilderness, but for them to reap the rewards of risking their life in return for a rare drop, I feel this would be an important feature to include.
In the current state glacors are completely risk free I think (impossible to pk someone there), so unless that changes, no thanks.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Ruler wrote:
Also, cba to find the thread, but you may remember what started the proposal of incentives to have BH enabled, but it was discussing glacors and the drop rate in the wildy vs. the drop rate in slayer dungeon being the same. +20% drop rate should be included. It’s not forcing pvmers into the wilderness, but for them to reap the rewards of risking their life in return for a rare drop, I feel this would be an important feature to include.
In the current state glacors are completely risk free I think (impossible to pk someone there), so unless that changes, no thanks.
I was actually going to make a suggestion thread when I got home to be able to interrupt pvm combat in singles. Boxing a glacor or rev is rather annoying when you can’t interrupt it.. also makes it a “cheating death” situation. Pvp combat interaction should take precedence over pvm combat interaction in the wilderness imo.

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:16 am

Slap a ho wrote:
Ruler wrote:
I was actually going to make a suggestion thread when I got home to be able to interrupt pvm combat in singles. Boxing a glacor or rev is rather annoying when you can’t interrupt it.. also makes it a “cheating death” situation. Pvp combat interaction should take precedence over pvm combat interaction in the wilderness imo.
Understand what you are getting at, but disagree. If they wanted to do that they could just make the zones multi, but changes like that are useless imo.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:53 am

Kpnc wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:
Ruler wrote:
Understand what you are getting at, but disagree. If they wanted to do that they could just make the zones multi, but changes like that are useless imo.
Multi =! Being able to PJ a PvMer off his npc in singles.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 am

Slap a ho wrote:
Ruler wrote:
That "cheating death" situation is the same as OSRS and should be kept that way. I don't think the intention is to make every one you see in the wilderness should be a kill secure. That is called being a counterplay to the one getting killed by trying to escape death by using a viable method (especially if tb'ed).
ImageImage

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Oh osrs works that way too? Granted I haven’t played RS since EOC, but I thought in the old days you could pj off singles.

Good thing I never wrote up that suggestion then & wasted my time. Statement revoked. :)

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:44 am

Slap a ho wrote:Oh osrs works that way too? Granted I haven’t played RS since EOC, but I thought in the old days you could pj off singles.
The only situation on osrs where you can pj is the Bounty Hunter World. If your target is in a fight with someone else, you can attack them at any point.
Sort of a broken mechanic, but makes for some interesting content:
Spoiler: show

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:48 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:Oh osrs works that way too? Granted I haven’t played RS since EOC, but I thought in the old days you could pj off singles.
The only situation on osrs where you can pj is the Bounty Hunter World. If your target is in a fight with someone else, you can attack them at any point.
Sort of a broken mechanic, but makes for some interesting content:
Spoiler: show
Would that same mechanic be applicable here? As in, if your targ, and only your targ, is in combat with an npc, being able to interrupt? I feel like that would be more appropriate. It wouldn’t allow a pvm target to completely cuck a pker by dying to the npc. That type of counterplay isnt truly fair in that scenario imo.

As Chris has said, it’s already difficult to get a tier 10 & if we’re providing bonuses (drop rate bonus is still debateable, but would play extremely well into this situation), a Target should allow for interruption.

We also have it tuned to avoid pjing when it was a massive problem when people like R3v wanted to claw rush and tele while someone was eating. I’m sure we could still apply that same mechanic to the BH code to avoid the situation that occurs on osrs with double stacking.. unless we wanted to allow it ;)
Last edited by Slap a ho on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:56 am

Slap a ho wrote:Would that same mechanic be applicable here? As in, if your targ, and only your targ, is in combat with an npc, being able to interrupt? I feel like that would be more appropriate. It wouldn’t allow a pvm target to completely cuck a pker by dying to the npc. That type of counterplay isnt truly fair in that scenario imo.

As Chris has said, it’s already difficult to get a tier 10 & if we’re providing bonuses (drop rate bonus is still debateable, but would play extremely well into this situation), a Target should allow for interruption.
It might be a good idea. However, I think it would make more sense to fix all of the other problems with bounty hunter first and then asses whether or not that is a needed mechanic.