Bounty Hunter rework

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Tezey
Honor Player

Re: Bounty Hunter rework

Post by Tezey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Wouldn't this kill "fun" pking? Everyone just goes around hunting their targets and edge will be even more dead? Just a thought.

Hello no cc
Premium Donator

Post by Hello no cc » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm

I like the idea of having bounty hunter enabled, but the BH timer needs to be worked out.

When you enter save zone it says you have 3 minutes, then jumps down to 1 minute in about 30 seconds, then goes back to 2 minutes. A full 2-3 minutes in safe zone is a decent amount of time to restock or regear but right now it’s to short.

Maybe adding a little timer for safe zone penalty in the bottom right like the barrage and veng timers were suggested.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:07 pm

People already boost in bh.
Also can you make it so that capes that were in the refund box before the update cost the same as ones after the update?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Azu rite wrote:Also can you make it so that capes that were in the refund box before the update cost the same as ones after the update?
Good idea. All 100M fire capes left in refund boxes have been lowered to 30M. Free max & comp capes will remain seeing as those players didn't know there would be a price when they died.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Black chins too for skilling things in wildy

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 pm

This was written over a year ago, so some things could be tweaked/added. My 2 cents.

Spoiler: show
Grizzly mint wrote:
Bounty hunter has a lot of potential, but it's broken currently. fixing it will bring in more pkers, no doubt. The way it is currently, only PvM killers can get tier 10's.

Timers - Currently the timers are incorrect. I have made 2 or 3 threads about it but it's been overlooked. it seems like a pretty simple fix, but i'm no expert. here is one thread I made, showing the confused timer. viewtopic.php?f=67&t=53458&p=503402&hilit=bh+timers#p503402

As it stands now, you really have no idea how much time you have before you lose your target. I think there should be a stopwatch counting down either in the bottom right corner (like OSRS does with veng and freeze timers), or put it in the bounty hunter section in the quest tab.

Target randomization - The way BH is right now promotes the killing of PvMers for tiers, and ragging targets in edge. Max mages run deep, killing pvmers, and only teleporting to edge to ask their target to log (so they can get a PvMer target). If the edge pker says no, the ragging commences.

Now, my solution is to divide these deep pking players and the Edge pkers. Some people prefer to run around deep and kill pvmers/pkers, rather than edge pk. Killing pvmers will (and should) always exist. it's the wilderness. To do this we need to separate them, so they don't get each other as targets.

Solution - Any player lvl 6 wildy or higher will only get a target that is in lvl 6 wildy or higher. Any player lvl 5 wildy and below will only get a target in lvl 5 wildy and below. This separates these players and results in less ragging, and negativity. Which also brings me to my next point.

Edge pking in BH Currently you can not tier pk in edge effectively. Edge pking is much different/harder to tier upgrade because the unwritten rulebook of pking is much different than deep pking. As it is now, you have to go 10-0 to get a tier 10, which is very hard even for a skilled pker. You could go 35-7 and acquire zero tier 10's. You can go 9-0, but die once and you have to restart. It's really demotivating, and honestly not worth the effort. When the game chat yells "player x has achieved a tier 10." 10/10 times it's a deep pker.

Solution opponents tiers need to drop on death (-2) of the original tier. This alone would change how BH in edge works. If you can get your opponents tier, a majority of the edge pkers will most likely bring their own tier, knowing that even if they die they have a chance to pk a new tier. Which could be anywhere from 1-7, instead of starting from scratch every time. This would definitely make edge more appealing, and bring in more pkers.

Penalties - Penalties are way to long. Examples:

20 minutes? I can't do BH for 20 minutes now which severely damages the "minigame". and 17 minutes for dying to a target? again.. damage. OSRS BH thrives because their penalties are low. kill a target, get a new one 1 minute later. die to a target, get a new one 1 minute later. Waiting 20 minutes kills BH without a doubt.

Now I know this is to prevent boosting, but boosting is inevitable. I was recently informed by Chris (Skullsnipe) that mods can see when a tier has been upgraded. This is a useful feature and if paid attention to, can reduce boosting easily. IMO boosting isn't as much of a problem as it was upon release, and the benefits of fixing penalties outweighs the cons.

Artifacts Artifacts should have a chance to drop on any kill, not just target kills. combined with:

BH artefacts needs to be increased in value. Rarer artefacts should result in better reward. I'd say the respective store price for them should follow this: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_artefacts . I'd say just multiply them by 1000. (Eg. Seren Statuatte would be 1B instead of 1m.). Maybe the ancient artefacts could be lowered to 2B or 3B instead of 5B, though it'd be extremely rare.
(credit to nick teck)

This rate is perfect for new, and old pkers alike. New pkers can get lucky with a statuette, and begin pking on a higher level much quicker with the x1000 rate. Now, i'm not saying the drop rate should be increased, only that the way of obtaining them should be easier. Every kill should have a chance at artifacts.

My suggestions that I know would help. I may add on more later.

Store - The store needs to be fixed. prices are skewed, and it needs more unique rewards in there.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:Instead of 20% xp boost (we've already got enough xp boosting items and events) I like your suggestion way more to compensate for it.

- Increased chance of artifact drop and/or artifacts is more profitable when you trade them in
- Increased amount if pkp per kill
- If another player is risking their Mysterious emblum and you kill him, you get it.
- The penalty timer should be decreased to 1-3 mins at max
- Bounty hunter shop should be reworked

I think all this combined would revive bounty hunter and make it viable.
Yeah this sounds good. Give better intensives for pkers rather than forcing people into the wildy. The most important point imo is the timer. Currently you can just "skip" a target and have a 20 minute penalty.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Low-effort comment, but I think a cool reward could be the ability to buy a pet for 500k-1m BH points from Mandrith. It could be a little mini-death:p

Tradable content doesn’t put people in the wilderness, pets and cosmetics do.

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Tezey wrote:Wouldn't this kill "fun" pking? Everyone just goes around hunting their targets and edge will be even more dead? Just a thought.
Yea would see alot of I dont wanna fight your not my targ type stuff I would think
Color x wrote:
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:Instead of 20% xp boost (we've already got enough xp boosting items and events) I like your suggestion way more to compensate for it.

- Increased chance of artifact drop and/or artifacts is more profitable when you trade them in
- Increased amount if pkp per kill
- If another player is risking their Mysterious emblum and you kill him, you get it.
- The penalty timer should be decreased to 1-3 mins at max
- Bounty hunter shop should be reworked

I think all this combined would revive bounty hunter and make it viable.
Yeah this sounds good. Give better intensives for pkers rather than forcing people into the wildy. The most important point imo is the timer. Currently you can just "skip" a target and have a 20 minute penalty.
Agreed

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:05 pm

Not sure I understand the whole 20% extra slayer points on player kills concept. Seems a little odd, imo. 20% additional slayer points for having BH on while doing your task in the wilderness would make more sense. Assuming that’s what you meant?

Also, cba to find the thread, but you may remember what started the proposal of incentives to have BH enabled, but it was discussing glacors and the drop rate in the wildy vs. the drop rate in slayer dungeon being the same. +20% drop rate should be included. It’s not forcing pvmers into the wilderness, but for them to reap the rewards of risking their life in return for a rare drop, I feel this would be an important feature to include.

Agreed with BH timer needing reworked for sure. That’s definitely a must.