Bounty Hunter rework

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Bounty Hunter rework

Post by Mike » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am

I've finished writing up most of the PvM/skilling tasks for the wilderness achievement diary, along with several of the PvP tasks (for non-irons - Ironman Mode players would need to complete 2x the PvM/skilling tasks that regular players need to do).

In order to prevent boosting to some extent I would like to propose that all PvP tasks only count when you do them within Bounty Hunter We previously toyed with the idea of only making Edgeville and Deep Wilderness count towards PvP task completion, but I think it would be even better - and much harder to boost - to have it be part of Bounty Hunter and make it count anywhere in the wilderness rather than in limited areas.

However, this also means that Bounty Hunter will certainly need some improvements.

First of all, I would like to add a +20% XP boost to all skills in the wilderness for players who have Bounty Hunter enabled, along with +20% extra slayer points and +20% PkHonor Points on player kills. Artifact drops on regular player kills (outside BH) and monster kills is also something I'd like to consider. Lastly, several of the PvM/skilling tasks in the achievement diary could require you to have BH enabled in order to complete them (except the tasks related to obtaining semi-rare drops).
It would probably be nice to have even more incentive to enable Bounty Hunter, so any ideas are welcome. If you disagree with some of the ideas I listed here, or if you have ideas to improve them, let me know!

There are probably also some BH mechanics and possibly rewards that could use a rework. I'm not opposed to the idea of being able to receive emblem drops from your opponent, as in when you kill an opponent who has a tier 7 emblem, you receive a tier 6 emblem from them as a drop.

Perhaps the penalty system can use some changes as well. Maybe some rewards in the shop added, maybe some reworked. I'm sure there are already some threads on this topic, if so feel free to link them here or write a summary on this thread of what has been said in other threads. Either way, all input is welcome!

Honor cerb
Known Venturer

Re: Bounty Hunter rework

Post by Honor cerb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:17 am

I think your idea's are wonderful and will bring a much more active pking community. Will the diaries be required for completionist cape?

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 am

Seems okish, depends on the numbers needed to complete each task. Could have some adverse effects though. Adding the exp to lure more people in the wild to die is pretty cool. I guess someone that pks would have better input at making everything BH. Just seems like something that would be better if there were a higher player base.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 am

Honor cerb wrote:I think your idea's are wonderful and will bring a much more active pking community. Will the diaries be required for completionist cape?
Yes. Completing the achievement diary itself would grant certain rewards on its own (which I'm still working out at this time), but they are also a requirement for the completionist cape.
For those who currently have a completionist cape, they will be able to swap it for a free replacement max cape until they have completed the achievement diary, then they can swap the replacement max cape back for their comp cape for free (this swapping feature is currently already in the game).

Players who currently have player kills will have part of the PvP tasks completed, up to 2/3rd of the total tasks for those with 500 kills already (Ironman Mode players will have a small part of their PvM tasks completed as compensation for player kills instead).

Kpnc wrote:Seems okish, depends on the numbers needed to complete each task. Could have some adverse effects though.
The numbers are actually on the lower end and multiple tasks can often be completed at once. The point is to make it challenging, rather than a boring grind. For good PK'ers, it should take far less time to complete the PvP tasks than it is to get 200 kills in the wilderness. There are several challenges included where using barrows sets or low-to mid-tier gear is required.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 am

A very important thing that has to happen is shop rework. Barrow gloves are 40k bh points, while imbue scroll is 45k (and worth 2b). Only thing that people buy are crystals and imbue scrolls... Use the price of imbue scrolls to scale the other items.

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:18 am

There are couple threads of bounty hunter already out but to sum up some of the ideas talked about was

- Decreased penalty timer to 2-3 mins max (allowing people to get quicker targets rather than wait 10-15 mins for a target).
- Increased amount of pkpoints per kills.
- Rework death,so it doesn't take a majority of the pk points or pc points from a kill, have it limit to 20-25% max.
- Re-balance of items cost in the bounty hunter shop.
- Introduction of pking box sets ( welfare/brid/zerker/pure) in pk shop or bounty hunter shop.
- Drop of tiers from kills ( If an opponent is carrying a tier 6, the killer has a random chance of getting a tier 1-5) If the opponent has a chance of dropping a one tier below the tier they are carrying, it could cause others to boost for tiers by buying them from players knowing they would get a certain tier from that kill. A random chance of drop of a random tier from the opponent, can limit the boosting.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am

Mike wrote:
Kpnc wrote:Seems okish, depends on the numbers needed to complete each task. Could have some adverse effects though.
The numbers are actually on the lower end and multiple tasks can often be completed at once. The point is to make it challenging, rather than a boring grind. For good PK'ers, it should take far less time to complete the PvP tasks than it is to get 200 kills in the wilderness. There are several challenges included where using barrows sets or low-to mid-tier gear is required.
Yes, that's what I was pretty much asking. Like would the numbers be super unrealistic so much that it would be a super long grind for pking challenged to point where would become uninterested or just not play at all. Something like another 500 kill task when the very best top tier pkers only avg about 100 kills a week for example.

Also since you said that good pkers would finish most tasks pretty quick how about having just the basic achievements (comp cape if this does become a comp req), and then for the people that can finish fast have like an upgrade option where can double the tasks for some type of special reward. Like prestige on Call of Duty if you ever played? Maybe like some store discounts or something as a reward for continuing.
Wir3d wrote: - Introduction of pking box sets ( welfare/brid/zerker/pure) in pk shop or bounty hunter shop.
This would be good for the new people that come.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Wir3d wrote:There are couple threads of bounty hunter already out but to sum up some of the ideas talked about was

- Decreased penalty timer to 2-3 mins max (allowing people to get quicker targets rather than wait 10-15 mins for a target).
- Rework death,so it doesn't take a majority of the pk points or pc points from a kill, have it limit to 20-25% max.
- Introduction of pking box sets ( welfare/brid/zerker/pure) in pk shop or bounty hunter shop.
- Drop of tiers from kills ( If an opponent is carrying a tier 6, the killer has a random chance of getting a tier 1-5) If the opponent has a chance of dropping a one tier below the tier they are carrying, it could cause others to boost for tiers by buying them from players knowing they would get a certain tier from that kill. A random chance of drop of a random tier from the opponent, can limit the boosting.
Instead of 20% xp boost (we've already got enough xp boosting items and events) I like your suggestion way more to compensat for it.

- Increased chance of artifact drop and/or artifacts is more profitable when you tade them in
- Increased amount if pkp per kill
- If another player is risking their Mysterious embelm and you kill him, you get it.
- The penalty timer should be decreased to 1-3 mins at max
- Bounty hunter shop should be reworked

I think all this combined would revive bounty hunter and make it viable.
ImageImage

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:
Spoiler: show
Wir3d wrote:There are couple threads of bounty hunter already out but to sum up some of the ideas talked about was

Instead of 20% xp boost (we've already got enough xp boosting items and events) I like your suggestion way more to compensat for it.

- Increased chance of artifact drop and/or artifacts is more profitable when you tade them in
- If another player is risking their Mysterious embelm and you kill him, you get it.

Your suggestion instead of the 20% xp boost would only motivate pkers to have BH on though, which they probably already have... Mike's suggestion actually motivates pvmers and skillers to have BH on as well, which is much more beneficial than just the pkers.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Ruler wrote:
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:
Spoiler: show

Your suggestion instead of the 20% xp boost would only motivate pkers to have BH on though, which they probably already have... Mike's suggestion actually motivates pvmers and skillers to have BH on as well, which is much more beneficial than just the pkers.
Which skills exactly do skillers and pvmers benefit from this? All I can think of is fishing (dark crabs), Agility (Deep wilderness agility course which is a death-trap) and slayer...?

Also uhm... This becomes more relevant than ever
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70778
ImageImage