Sneak peek: custom F keys, presets!

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Skiller
Developer

Re: Sneak peek: custom F keys, presets!

Post by Skiller » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Mr etho wrote:Only thing I am wondering, can you preset other stuff also? Such as farming inventory or herbs and potions?
Yes, there is no restriction on which items you can use. For example you could use a preset to fill your inventory with construction supplies while grinding.
I'd already had this exact thought lel

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Mike wrote:
Sverre wrote:
Jonas wrote:What if you don't have enough items for the preset? Will it still equip all of the items, except the ones you don't have anymore?

Also, HYPOEEEEEEEER AOREW
That's what I was thinking as well and thought of what rapsey said. The biggest problem with that I would say is that much equipment that is use in pking is degradable and the different charges are counted as different items (vesta, barrows, chaotics, CW armour etc).

I think these QoLs are the most needed updates for now. Very good call and very good job mike ;)
I already know of a solution for the degradeables - if the exact item you used for your preset is not available, it'll simply look for all other degraded versions of that item.
Yea I already thought of that too but the question is if that is a good method. For one, you don't want to risk for example a chaotic maul 90. For two, you don't want to bring out a cmaul 10 and then end up with nothing because it degraded...

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Sverre wrote:
Mike wrote:
Sverre wrote: That's what I was thinking as well and thought of what rapsey said. The biggest problem with that I would say is that much equipment that is use in pking is degradable and the different charges are counted as different items (vesta, barrows, chaotics, CW armour etc).

I think these QoLs are the most needed updates for now. Very good call and very good job mike ;)
I already know of a solution for the degradeables - if the exact item you used for your preset is not available, it'll simply look for all other degraded versions of that item.
Yea I already thought of that too but the question is if that is a good method. For one, you don't want to risk for example a chaotic maul 90. For two, you don't want to bring out a cmaul 10 and then end up with nothing because it degraded...

imo, things you said above are the 'risks' for being lazy and using the presets.
If you don't want to lose by example a c maul 90 you should just check it before going to wild or whatever. (That's my perspective on it )

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Whew what's going on, did I just read presets 2k17?

Imo it doesn't have to look for other degradables if it can't find the exact one. But since we have so many versions of each equipment hmm...

I mean I wouldn't need that for pking, it might be annoying if your torva pvm preset breaks every time the torva degrades though. Maybe for barrows gear too.
#Justice4Church

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:04 am

Why not use non degradable pieces and make them broken when dropped on death

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Sverre wrote:
Mike wrote: I already know of a solution for the degradeables - if the exact item you used for your preset is not available, it'll simply look for all other degraded versions of that item.
It would always look for the closest thing available to what you used in your preset.

For example, if the preset contains a Chaotic Maul 40, but you don't have that and instead have a Chaotic Maul 90, Chaotic Maul 50 and Chaotic Maul 30, it would use the Chaotic Maul 50.
If you have a 50 and a 30 (both close to 40), it would use the one that's least degraded, so the 50.

I can't think of anything that could go wrong with that approach. Of course, if you set a Maul 20 in your preset but only have a 90 in your bank, it'll use the 90. That's your own responsibility, not much we can change about that :P