Sneak peek: custom F keys, presets!

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Sneak peek: custom F keys, presets!

Post by Iron adam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Mike wrote:Cool, I didn't know that existed. Sure, we can make it happen. Maybe not in this update, but good thing you brought it up (I'm guessing that might be another overlooked in-game suggestions topic)
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=67772

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Will the number of presets one can save depend on the player's rank? (3 for norm, 6 for don, 9 for prem)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm

The builder wrote:Will the number of presets one can save depend on the player's rank? (3 for norm, 6 for don, 9 for prem)
Forgot to mention that. Yes, and those were indeed the numbers I had in mind.

I wanted to make 10 preset slots at first, but our client engine only supports up to 9 menu options in a drop-down menu :P

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:39 pm

The builder wrote:Will the number of presets one can save depend on the player's rank? (3 for norm, 6 for don, 9 for prem)
I vote 9 for everyone. The whole point of this is to increase pvp activity. We don't want to limit new pkers.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
I vote 9 for everyone. The whole point of this is to increase pvp activity. We don't want to limit new pkers.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Fine - 5 for regs, 7 donors and 9 prems then :P

Cmon, it's only on rare occasions that we get to have these nice donor/prem additions. And 5 should still be plenty.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Adamthalion wrote:I vote 9 for everyone. The whole point of this is to increase pvp activity. We don't want to limit new pkers.
Do you really think only having 3 presets will inhibit or discourage any newcomer from PK'ing? I'd think they wouldn't have the gear to fill more than 3 presets anyway.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Mike wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:
Fine - 5 for regs, 7 donors and 9 prems then :P

Cmon, it's only on rare occasions that we get to have these nice donor/prem additions. And 5 should still be plenty.
I am happy with that. Most pvp servers only have 5 presets. So this will make us better in every way.
Rapsey wrote:Do you really think only having 3 presets will inhibit or discourage any newcomer from PK'ing? I'd think they wouldn't have the gear to fill more than 3 presets anyway.
If it is an experienced pker, then yes. They are going to want presets for hybridding, tribridding, dhing, main melee, etc. Also probably several versions of each. 5 gives more flexibility.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Mike, a thought on reducing the clutter of the buttons - you could have one button that's for presets, and right-clicking it lets you save, and left-clicking lets you withdraw. Just means one fewer button down there. You could also reduce the size of the Bank Pin button so its not as cumbersome. It even shouldn't say 'Bank PIN', just 'PIN', as it's not just for banks, but for the account as a whole.

Just a couple thoughts to help out the situation on that frame

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Presets 2k17