Sneak peek: custom F keys, presets!

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Pim
Premium Donator

Re: Sneak peek: custom F keys, presets!

Post by Pim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Mike wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:
The builder wrote:Will the number of presets one can save depend on the player's rank? (3 for norm, 6 for don, 9 for prem)
I vote 9 for everyone. The whole point of this is to increase pvp activity. We don't want to limit new pkers.
Fine - 5 for regs, 7 donors and 9 prems then :P

Cmon, it's only on rare occasions that we get to have these nice donor/prem additions. And 5 should still be plenty.
To clear the air:

Will presets be limited to gear (1 for dh, hybrid, melee, whatever)
Or also combat set ups?

For example on osscape you have the future to switch to a complete pure build aswell, or zerk, or main or whatever. Then 5 is not plenty and i dont think its neccessary to give donator or premium these benefits. I mean its like 9B gp that eventually everyone will have anyways but is a grind early on.

If its limited to gear and is not changing combat (which is more fun so you need to build more accounts, in my opinion however) then 5 is plenty yeah and this should be fun additional benefits for the statussus.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Counterret wrote:To clear the air:

Will presets be limited to gear (1 for dh, hybrid, melee, whatever)
Or also combat set ups?

For example on osscape you have the future to switch to a complete pure build aswell, or zerk, or main or whatever. Then 5 is not plenty and i dont think its neccessary to give donator or premium these benefits. I mean its like 9B gp that eventually everyone will have anyways but is a grind early on.

If its limited to gear and is not changing combat (which is more fun so you need to build more accounts, in my opinion however) then 5 is plenty yeah and this should be fun additional benefits for the statussus.
Uh... Even after reading that 5 times I'm still not sure I fully understand what you're asking or what you mean by "combat set ups" (other than gear) or "changing combat" but anyway... AFAIK the presets system will just be completely generic and only apply to your inventory and equipment. You just lay out your inventory and/or equipment the way you want it and save it under 1 of the 9 slots. I don't see what else there is that could be stored under a preset, unless you're talking about stuff like prayer/spellbook settings, autocast/weapon attack style etc (in which case no I don't think those will be stored in presets).

I suppose it's worth pointing out that because our system will allow separate presets for inventories and equipment, you can have way more than 9 combinations.

For example: if you have 5 presets that are equipment only, and have the other 4 as inventory only, then by loading 1 of each you effectively have 20 different combinations available to you. Or a more realistic example might be to have 5 "full" presets (inventory + equipment), 2 "alternative inventory" presets (without equipment) and 2 "alternative equipment" presets (without inventory). It's all down to personal preference of course but a system like this allows for a lot of flexibility and way more than 9 usable load-outs.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:39 pm

He means having a zerker setup that will automatically give you the stats, gear and inventory for a zerker. Pure setup that gives stats, gear, and inventory for a pure.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Yes ^

Like you're a main combat 126 for example, but in your presets there is also a lvl 83 pure.
Srry im 4n boy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Oh, so simply that it stores stats as part of the preset? No, I don't think that's going to happen.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Rapsey wrote:Oh, so simply that it stores stats as part of the preset? No, I don't think that's going to happen.

Yeah like there you just need one account and you are a pure, a zeker or a main at any given time whenever you want.

But allright, good thats more fun anyways because you have to somewhat put effort in alt accounts:). Then 5 is plenty indeed to have and 7 for donators and 9 for prem is just fine!

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:56 pm

What if you don't have enough items for the preset? Will it still equip all of the items, except the ones you don't have anymore?

Also, HYPOEEEEEEEER AOREW

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Rapsey wrote:Oh, so simply that it stores stats as part of the preset? No, I don't think that's going to happen.
Would you be able/willing to make the setlevel command free for attack, strength, defense, hp, magic, and range? This would make pking with different builds a lot easier.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Would you be able/willing to make the setlevel command free for attack, strength, defense, hp, magic, and range? This would make pking with different builds a lot easier.
I'd say make it free to reset only

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Jonas wrote:What if you don't have enough items for the preset? Will it still equip all of the items, except the ones you don't have anymore?

Also, HYPOEEEEEEEER AOREW
Best guess: it'll equip what it can and give you a warning that your preset is incomplete. We'll just make it the way the community wants it but that seems like the most sensible approach to me.
Adamthalion wrote:Would you be able/willing to make the setlevel command free for attack, strength, defense, hp, magic, and range? This would make pking with different builds a lot easier.
I don't think that's a good idea tbh. I mean, I don't see why all of a sudden we should try to make it so you can have one account for everything. For me at least, building up pures was fun and something that kept the game interesting in the long run. Presets are all well and good but I don't think we should completely try to eliminate any point in having more than one account.