Duo slayer

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Jonas
Fanatic

Re: Duo slayer

Post by Jonas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 am

Player A teams up with player B and they can ask the slayer master for a group task which they can complete for increased exp\slayer points\droprate\pkp or whatever.

Teaming up would work like clanchats basically, just go to either person's clan.

OR

You can make it a system like in Zombie minigame rooms, where when players are in certain radius from the slayer master they can right-click invite players to their party, and if they accept they can ask for the group task.

Also, when in group task, both players should be present at the monsters, if one of the players are absent none of the boosts are applied to prevent abuse. The same IP prohibition is a no-brainer.

Oh, and hi. o/ Just a random post by me at 1 AM

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:10 am

Jonas wrote:Player A teams up with player B and they can ask the slayer master for a group task which they can complete for increased exp\slayer points\droprate\pkp or whatever.

Teaming up would work like clanchats basically, just go to either person's clan.

OR

You can make it a system like in Zombie minigame rooms, where when players are in certain radius from the slayer master they can right-click invite players to their party, and if they accept they can ask for the group task.

Also, when in group task, both players should be present at the monsters, if one of the players are absent none of the boosts are applied to prevent abuse. The same IP prohibition is a no-brainer.

Oh, and hi. o/ Just a random post by me at 1 AM
Thank you for taking your time to make this post but it's completely pointless. All you'll have to do is use the gem on another player. Not that complicated.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:15 am

Azu rite wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:I don't know much about this on osrs. It is pretty much dead content there. I can look into it later today though.
Dead content because there's no reward shop for it, and each person has to kill different amounts. Different amounts means you have to wait for the other to finish which cuts down on xp/hour
Indeed. Plus you're kinda still competing for the kills against eachother. Please make it like the rs2 system.

I think there are enough cosmetics available as options to throw in the shop. Make them untradable.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:36 am

Djems wanna slayer with me? Make some money?

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:55 am

the introduction of coinshare on here would be sick as well :=D

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:56 am

yeah sounds like a good plan, you want to help me kill them weird things called pvmers at kbd?

@andres, coinshare is gay shit, don't bring that up or i'll ban you

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:57 am

James wrote:@andres, coinshare is gay shit, don't bring that up or i'll ban you
Agreed

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 am

Yes Candy Bars it would be an honor fighting amongst your side! You are the only one with vanguard set am i right

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:36 am

Make it a joint task so that players A & B have to kill X monster together while being without X distance from each other. You have to make the rewards and/or rates worthwhile compared to solo slayer. Do not add coinshare please...
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:57 am

Color x wrote:Make it a joint task so that players A & B have to kill X monster together while being without X distance from each other. You have to make the rewards and/or rates worthwhile compared to solo slayer. Do not add coinshare please...
The moment somebody had to bank, both would have to bank, and how would you handle getting to the task? If I tele there, we're too far away.

I like the gem idea to start duo slayer, both players should have an empty task. It should be a single set for both players to kill from, though the bonuses should only be applied when both are actively at the boss.

Could this be leading us towards clan slayer tasks as well? :D