Wilderness achievements & additions

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Death purity
Honor Player

Re: Wilderness achievements & additions

Post by Death purity » Wed May 24, 2017 1:41 am

Complete the diarys and have access to skilling clue scrolls and/or skilling pets

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Wed May 24, 2017 2:25 am

Neato,
Just a few questions:

For those of us who were already forced into the wilderness once before (already have comp capes), why should we be forced to enter the wilderness yet again to wear a cape we already worked for? Is it solely to boost wilderness activity just because this is PkHonor?

What happens when everyone does obtain these new wilderness requirements, and the wilderness becomes empty again? Will they just be tossed away and redone to boost wilderness activity again?

Lkn
Honor Player

Post by Lkn » Wed May 24, 2017 3:11 am

I think it's a good idea but I don't think that it should effect the people who have already put in the hours to obtain the 500 kills. Also, Yeah the wildy will be active until the majority of people get their comp capes back but after that the wilderness will go back to the same way it is in it's current state, Dead. Basically putting anyone lets say a year or two down the road at a massive disadvantage because it's already hard enough as it is to just get 500 plain kills.

It should just be stuff similar to how the current achievements are and you should be rewarded with stuff such as access to the resource dungeon new items exclusive only to wilderness diaries. It should be set in tiers, not points.
Easy-Unlocks the ability to use the resource dungeon.(some things could be limited untill further completion of diaries) Medium-Unlocks a special item for wildy use?(Not too creative as to what that would be) Hard-Unlocks some sort of wilderness boss locator? Elite-Unlocks full access to resource dungeon(maybe an xp boost for having up to elite diaries done) Heres a few suggestions;

-----------Easy-------------
  • Complete 15 wildy clue scroll steps.
  • Kill All wilderness bosses 5 times.
  • Complete 50 wilderness agility course laps.
----------Medium-----------
  • Mine 100 rune ore in the wilderness dungeon.
  • Cut a magic tree in the wilderness.
  • Burn a magic log in the wilderness.
  • Fish 150 dark crab.
  • Cook 150 dark crab.
---------Hard-----------------
  • Earn a tier 10 emblem.
  • Deal 100+ damage to 10 different people without leaving or logging.
  • Get 100 kills in Edgeville wilderness (up to level 5).
  • Deal 500 damage to players with a DFS special attack in the wilderness
-------Elite------------------
(Don't have time for this but I can edit it later if you guys like this concept)

Grant
Premium Donator

Post by Grant » Wed May 24, 2017 4:57 am

Lkn wrote:I think it's a good idea but I don't think that it should effect the people who have already put in the hours to obtain the 500 kills. Also, Yeah the wildy will be active until the majority of people get their comp capes back but after that the wilderness will go back to the same way it is in it's current state, Dead. Basically putting anyone lets say a year or two down the road at a massive disadvantage because it's already hard enough as it is to just get 500 plain kills.
Support Lkn on this one. As someone who spent months getting 1k legit kills all at edge I'd feel extremely hard done just to have all that time and effort to have been for nothing...

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 am

Rapsey wrote:I'm hoping someone can come up with a few PvP challenges that require certain gear, or maybe better yet, challenges for which you can't use some equipment. PK'ers, if there's any items you'd like to see more or less of in the wilderness, here's your chance. Of course for the sake of simplicity it would be best to use things that are brief (i.e. cw armor, third-age etc) rather than having a list of 30 individual items.
Deal a finishing blow with a dragon mace 10 times!

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Wed May 24, 2017 5:11 am

I'm kind of torn tbh.

Yes I understand that reqs will change periodically but this is a huge change all of a sudden. Especially since most of these (or even all maybe) aren't even logged yet, some people who have put hundreds or thousands of hours to get the current comp cape reqs is just going to be shafted.

That being said, comp cape is currently significantly too easy to get considering the amount of people who have them and how strong they are.

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Wed May 24, 2017 7:22 am

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:50 am

Hmmm what about this, 500 wildy kills+ some pvm\skilling requirements or all the diaries completed for comp, like is on death, either death unlocked or 50k sp+50 nomad kills.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed May 24, 2017 9:17 am

It seems like most of these tasks are just a time consuming laundry list of repetitious tasks.

I think diaries should be kept simple, yet challenging and diverse.

Things like:
- Kill a wildywyrm while wearing a ring of vigour (Vigour is an untradable 20k bh points ring)
- Buy an imbue scroll and imbue a seers ring. Kill a player while wearing said ring. (Requires 45k bh points).
- Obtain a green dragonhide set from scratch in the wilderness. Use it to kill 5 revenants without banking.
- Smith a rune set from scratch in the wilderness (including a rune scimitar.) Use it to kill the chaos elemental without banking.

These are examples of tasks that are not grindy, but still require a level of commitment.

Edit: Re-reading over the current task list, I really have to say that it seems kind of silly. 100 laps at the agil course? Everyone with a comp cape already has 200m agility. I really think it's silly to add a 50-hour list of tasks as an extraneous, repetitive requirement for the comp cape.

Also, here are some more ideas for tasks:

- Recharge a DFS in your POH by talking to your KBD heads.
- Kill 5 spiders with one red chinchompa (45 wildy spiders).
- Use your chaos elemental pet to block damage from a chaos elemental hit.
- Kill a frost dragon and bury the bones in front of the chaos altar in level 13 wildy.
Last edited by Simon on Wed May 24, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed May 24, 2017 9:18 am

Make sure you cannot use the deposit box if you have been in combat the last X seconds, don't want people to bank their shit if they are being chased. Not in combat is not enough because there is a gate so you will have time to reach the deposit box outside combat if you are being chased. It is really important that this is glitchfree and can't be abused.
Instead of deposit box I suggest:
Ross wrote:An NPC that notes the crabs for you would be ideal, gives a reason to actually fish there and PK there.
That way, people have to make a decision. Or they have to bank more often, or they risk more. However, I believe at the moment noted stuff is count as 1 item so this has to be changed for that. Also less prone to glitches.

I really like the suggestion although I am not a fan of this one as it is completely rng, but well...
Complete 20 clue scroll steps in the wilderness
Another thing I want to discuss. People have paid bills for comp capes and don't got a max cape anymore. Do they have to spend even more to get a max cape for the time they are doing these achievements (including pking)? Couldn't you make comp cape work that if you don't have all the achievements it works like a max cape? Would be a compensation for not being able to wear the comp anymore and maybe people don't cry that fast then :D You could also make a transition period. First month the 500 kills requirements still counts and after that you need to have the achievements. This way people have a month to pk with their comp until the requirement is changed. (edit: my bad, I see now 'a iron girl' also suggested this, nice coincedence lol).

Remember the sea turtles from the event? You were going to give them an effect as well. Could look at these thread for ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=52135
Other relevant thread:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=51829
Not sure if there are threads of gqc as well about it.
Edit: The 40 choc-ices from glacors seems a bit excessive too. As someone who plays purely to PK I don't really want to spend hours killing a thousand glacors.
I have to agree that it seems like a lot. I've done quite some glacors and got 112 choc ice.
Get 50 kills using any full Barrows set

I am concerned about this one, do you have to be wearing the full set for the ko? Or just have all the pieces in inv/on you. The only viable method of doing this would be dhing. None of the other sets have KO potential. Just something to think about.
He is right here. Make it so you need to have 4 barrow items on you (inv or wearing it). Something like karils and ahrims set are useless, only the top and legs are used. This allows people to brid for this requirement as well.
I'm hoping someone can come up with a few PvP challenges that require certain gear, or maybe better yet, challenges for which you can't use some equipment. PK'ers, if there's any items you'd like to see more or less of in the wilderness, here's your chance. Of course for the sake of simplicity it would be best to use things that are brief (i.e. cw armor, third-age etc) rather than having a list of 30 individual items.
Suggestion: X amount of kills in deep wild without using a divine.
300 dragon bones is hardly anything if you consider noted dragon bones. Maybe increase this amount.

2 wildywyrm in a row is child's play. Definitely increase that amount.
I agree with both. People that don't have endgame gear (don't really earn a comp anyways) can always team up.
PvP requirement suggestion: Get 20 kills with only weapons and armour that is permitted in the oldschool portal. (worded poorly, you know what I mean)

PvP requirement suggestion: Get 50 kills whilst using the normal prayer book. (the 20 kills of suggestion #1 would overlap with this, meaning only 30 extra would be needed)
These are good. Gives newer players more chance as well if they can fight vets that are not using curses.

I understand people are angry that their 500 kills requirement is useless now. However, they had the opportunity to benefit from the cape until now. It's an update people might not be happy about, but one that is needed for the future. And just as in rs, the requirements of capes can change (quest cape).

Something that's suggested often as well is that tiers are dropped when you die (Tier - 1). So if you kill someone who had a tier 8, you get a tier 7. You could combine this with an achievement (and then an achievement were you have to start at 1 and work up).

Something related to the pkp highscores? That you have to be #1 on the 3h one for 3 times or something?
The PvM tasks so far are as follows (double of each for Ironman):
Kill Venenatis 5 times in a row without logging out or leaving the wilderness
Complete the Wilderness Agility course 100 times while wearing a spottier cape

why tho? thats 10 veneatis kills in a row, without banking on an ironman. I'd like to see any normal player do this with basic ironman setups.
If it's doubled I think it means you have to do the 5 kills thing twice and not do 10 kills in a row. Otherwise I agree.

I also feel RNG shouldn't play this big a factor, to get 2 rings from these your kills could vary so much, for me as an ironman I'd say 200 kills should be enough, but 2
rings might well take me like 400 or more....
The chance on getting a ring is quite high so I don't think it's a problem. I think I've gotten like 12 rings in 500 kills ish.

The mage bank requirement is indeed very hard, unless it is above the fence as suggested before because then deep agil, chaos ele, ww, revs, skilling area and frosts are available spots for this requirement and would make the requirement fine.

People that are complaining about the 500 kills and suggesting that it's either diaries or 500 kills and other stuff, that's completely useless. The whole idea of adding the diaries is because 500 kills can be too easily boosted. It's going to be shitty for everyone with comp now, but it's better for the long run.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully you can use some of the things I said.