Now that Zulrah has been released and most bugs resolved (we'll make sure to make short work of any possible remaining ones), we've started working on more new content for the players to enjoy!
Donderstone2 has already been working on Callisto, a new wilderness boss (a bear) from OSRS. However, we need far more wilderness content than that if we want to get as many players into the wilderness as possible.
A deposit box in the resource area, along with bonus XP for any skill trained inside the wilderness (other than stuff like alching/crafting/herblore/...) would certainly prove helpful in that regard. However, I'm not sure about the exact bonus % yet.
I would also like to add Dark Crabs as food that can be fished only in the deep wilderness resource area. I would like to make one of the best foods, but with a unique benefit. In OSRS, they heal 22 (as much as manta rays) and their primary benefit is they weigh less. However, we have no weight factor on PkHonor and possibly never will since looking up all OSRS item weights may be too much work.
One idea I had is to make it heal the same as rocktails (23 HP), but without allowing you to go over your max HP and having another unique effect to make them worth it. Something fitting the concept of it being a "Dark" crab (which is only found in the deep wilderness), but I have not yet managed to come up with one. Something like a minor Zamorak Brew effect might be one idea, or perhaps a very short immunity against poison & venom. Could use some more suggestions.
As far as the Wilderness Achievement Diary is concerned, it will be a replacement for the current 500 killcount requirement for the Completionist Cape. Although this list is not yet final, most of the tasks have been worked out and just need to be coded into the game yet. Thankfully, achievements are relatively easy and fast to code in (certainly much faster than Zulrah).
If anyone has ideas for extra tasks that are not yet listed here (and cannot be too easily boosted), please post them here. If you have suggestions to improve on the current tasks, feel free to do so as well! As always, we welcome and appreciate any input and feedback, as long as it is done in a respectful and constructive manner
The requirements are divided into 2 categories: PvP tasks and PvM/skilling tasks. Ironman Mode players do not
have to complete the PvP tasks, but they will need to complete twice the amount of every PvM/skilling task. The idea is that the time and effort spent to complete the diary should be the same for Ironman Mode players and regular players, without forcing Ironmen to partake in PvP (except as prey for PK'ers).
The PvP tasks we have so far (not for Ironman):
- Obtain a tier 7 Bounty Hunter emblem 4 times
- Get 100 kills in Edgeville wilderness (up to level 5)
- Get 100 kills near the mage bank
- Deal 500 damage to players with a DFS special attack in the wilderness
- Deal 100+ damage to 10 different people without leaving or logging
- Get 50 kills using any full Barrows set (Edge/mage bank)
The PvM tasks so far are as follows (double of each for Ironman):
- Obtain a clue scroll from the WildyWyrm
- Obtain a Draconic Visage from the King Black Dragon
- Obtain a Treasonous Ring from Venenatis
- Obtain a Tyrannical Ring from Callisto
- Obtain 1 of each God Cape from the Mage Arena
- Obtain 4 pieces of PvP armour from Revenants
- Obtain 40 Choc-Ice from Glacors in the wilderness
- Obtain 100 Frost Dragon Bones in the wilderness
- Obtain 300 Hand Cannon Shots from the Chaos Elemental
- Obtain 300 regular Dragon Bones in the wilderness
- Kill the WildyWyrm twice in a row without logging out or leaving the wilderness
- Kill Venenatis 5 times in a row without logging out or leaving the wilderness
- Kill the Chaos elemental 7 times without logging out or leaving the wilderness
- Kill the King Black Dragon 10 times without logging out or leaving the wilderness
- Kill the Chaos Elemental while always staying under 40 HP
- Complete the Wilderness Agility course 100 times while wearing a spottier cape
- Cut 500 magic logs in the wilderness
- Fish 500 dark crabs in the wilderness
- Mine 100 rune ore in the wilderness
- Complete 20 clue scroll steps in the wilderness
We could certainly use some more PvP tasks, but the toughest issue is to prevent boosting. Players can always boost a PvP task if they really want to (and have enough friends to help them do it), but the least we can do is to try to make it more interesting and fun to just do it the way you're supposed to.
Also, each time we add new bosses or NPC's to the wilderness, we'll make sure to add entries for them to the achievement diary, until we've added all the bosses there are in the OSRS wild.
None of the listed tasks are currently recorded in PkHonor, meaning that at the time of release, everyone will have to do them from scratch. It also means that everyone will have their Completionist Cape unequipped until they have completed the diary.
I would like to add a unique reward to the completion of the wilderness achievement diary (other than being able to re-equip a comp cape if you have one), but so far have fallen short on one. We do have the TokHaar-Kal cape, and since we don't have the Fight Kiln from RS3, we could use that as a reward, but more capes are getting kinda boring. Maybe another item. Or maybe some kind of cool bonus, other than the bonuses we already have from the PK'ing leaderboards (so preferably no bonus PKP on kill, chance on clues etc.).
A lot of new content is coming in a very short timespan, but we still need input before we can fully add it into the game. We're hoping for adequate community input to make sure players enjoy the new content & challenges