Zulrah: getting there

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron midas
Premium Donator

Re: Zulrah: getting there

Post by Iron midas » Thu May 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Looking forward to the update.
:thumbsup:

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Thu May 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Can someone confirm that only the blue Zulrah form can envenom you (with both its magic and ranged attacks)?
Also, do both melee and magic snakelings apply venom? If so, how often? I'd guess once every 4 attacks or so. As for the clouds, I'd also guess that every tick you're inside a cloud, there's a 1/4 chance to get envenomed.
Snakelings Venom, not sure on the rate buy 1:4 sounds reasonable.

The clouds venom you as soon as you enter them.

Alcoholism

Post by Alcoholism » Thu May 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Mike wrote:Today, I managed to finish the last of the 4 rotations as they work in OSRS. The timings, attacks, cloud & snakeling spawn locations, the whole lot of it.

What's left on my to-do list:

> Figure out the exact coordinates Zulrah attacks you in during melee stage (appear to be 5 coordinates - 2 at the tips of the island, 1 in the middle between the pillars and 2 on the sides). Also figure out what spots are safe from melee attacks.
> Figure out if Zulrah's magic attacks also apply venom
> Figure out if toxic clouds apply the actual venom to the player (aside from applying 1 - 3 unblockable damage each tick a person is inside a toxic cloud)
> Add the pet & lucky pet with transformations
> Add venom into the server as a stronger version of poison
> Add the droptable
> Add toxic blowpipe
> Add antivenom and antivenom+
> Add serpentine helm
> Add Zulrah as (blockable) slayer task in elite tasks
1.Magic attack does not venom in osrs
2.Actual venom, Venoms the player (unless under the antidote/venom effect). 3. Safespot for the melee attacks are the 3 squares around the pillars in the middle of the map.
4. Serp helm provides the anti venom effect but still take damage from clouds.
Can provide video of osrs zulrah for all of these if needed.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu May 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Ross wrote:Wow, Mike. Great moves, keep it up.
> Figure out the exact coordinates Zulrah attacks you in during melee stage (appear to be 5 coordinates - 2 at the tips of the island, 1 in the middle between the pillars and 2 on the sides). Also figure out what spots are safe from melee attacks.
No spot is "safe" from melee attacks, Zulrah can hit you from anywhere you just have to move before the attack takes place, if he hits you he also stuns you.
?
Yes there is. The only time there isn't a safe spot from melee phase is on rotations 1 and 2 after the spawning range phase. Any other time that it's in the melee phase you can just stand still and Zulrah won't be able to hit you.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Ross wrote:Wow, Mike. Great moves, keep it up.
No spot is "safe" from melee attacks, Zulrah can hit you from anywhere you just have to move before the attack takes place, if he hits you he also stuns you.
> Figure out if Zulrah's magic attacks also apply venom
Only Zulrah's third form the blue one can venom a player, if the player successfully tanks or blocks with prayer then venom isn't applied, if Zulrah was to do even 1 damage in the blue form then the player is venomed.
> Figure out if toxic clouds apply the actual venom to the player (aside from applying 1 - 3 unblockable damage each tick a person is inside a toxic cloud)
Yes, they do apply Venom.
> Add serpentine helm
Make sure venom and poison can't be applied to the player assuming they're wearing this helmet.
Wrong, there are safespots to the melee form.

Wrong, Range and Mage Phase can venom.

The clouds do not apply venom. They only do damage with a venom colored hitsplat. Similar to how nettles deal poison damage, but don't actually poison.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu May 11, 2017 9:51 pm

I've got the melee attacks for the red zulrah all worked out now, with the safespots around the pillars and the stun effect, also it can't be blocked or prayed against - only dodged or safespotted.

I've also made the venom clouds work, 1 - 3 venom damage each game tick you're inside one. Andres and Dylan have made some good work on the general concept of Venom and anti-venom potions as well.

I've updated my original post with what's done and what we are currently working on. I'll keep you guys posted on our progress!

Adamthalion wrote: Wrong, Range and Mage Phase can venom.

The clouds do not apply venom. They only do damage with a venom colored hitsplat. Similar to how nettles deal poison damage, but don't actually poison.
I saw a youtube video today where someone got envenomed from a magic attack from the blue form - so it appears all attacks from the blue form will instantly apply venom.

Thanks for the video - apparently the cloud damage goes from 1 - 4, but almost no 2 or 3 hitsplats seen (weird). Anyway, 1 - 3 damage looks enough to me.
Also, it looks like the venom clouds do actually apply venom when you stand in them, seeing as after a couple seconds the message "you have been poisoned by venom" appeared. Most likely chance-based as well.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu May 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Are you at least not going to discuss adding venom as osrs has it? Instead of a "stronger" version of poison

Edit: Since you're most likely going to advertise that you have zulrah and it's mechanics fully added, I personally don't think you should change one of the unique mechanics of the boss/weapons.... Gives the server a bad look when you falsely advertise perfection

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu May 11, 2017 11:09 pm

Mike wrote:Thanks for the video - apparently the cloud damage goes from 1 - 4, but almost no 2 or 3 hitsplats seen (weird). Anyway, 1 - 3 damage looks enough to me.
Also, it looks like the venom clouds do actually apply venom when you stand in them, seeing as after a couple seconds the message "you have been poisoned by venom" appeared. Most likely chance-based as well.
The Venom Clouds deal from 1-8 damage as you can see in these next 3 videos. The venom clouds do NOT envenom the player. That is simply zulrah's first attack that envenoms at the beginning of his attack animation. The video titled Zulrah 3 shows exactly when the venom roll happens in his attack. It also shows that venom clouds deal up to 8.

Alcoholism

Post by Alcoholism » Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 pm

The guy must have already been poisoned. For 6 and 8 because the hit splats are 1-3 I believe when standing in benom

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri May 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Alcoholism wrote:The guy must have already been poisoned. For 6 and 8 because the hit splats are 1-3 I believe when standing in benom
Not true. Look at the Hp overlay. I was never venomed when i was hit for the 6 or 8. Clouds hit for 1-8.