Introduction + new boss soon !

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Andres
Developer

Introduction + new boss soon !

Post by Andres » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi guys !
Welcome to my very first devblog post.

As you may already know I have been accepted as trial developer here in PkHonor.
You might have some questions regarding what I will be doing for PkHonor and what kind of content I will bring in the future.

First off, let’s start with a small introduction for those who don’t know who I am :

My name Is Andres I am 20 years old and live in a small country named Belgium. At the moment I am a full time student, currently I am in my second year computer sciences and hoping to graduate in June 2018.
Been part of the PkHonor community since 2012. And you can find me in-game under the following usernames:

-Vcom
-Iron punani

So if you ever need me, Hook me up in-game or just send a forums pm ;).

Now. Let's come to the main purpose of this thread:
After finishing the instanced wilderness bosses for iron men that hopefully will be released in the next server update it is now time for something big.
Nothing less than the most feared snake in RS :

Zulrah!

That's right, Zulrah is coming to PkHonor!
A few days ago I've started the development for this solo boss.
Since I am not that familiar with the source code (yet), it will take some time before Zulrah is ready for release.
Those who already killed Zulrah know that she is not just a boss that only has 1 attack, she has a lot of unique features which makes this boss awesome content!
But it's now official that she will join PkHonor soon!
I don't really have an ETA, since I don't really know how much time I will need for this, but since I am very eager on this I hope it won't take too long!

I want to copy the boss as well as possible from OSRS, meaning Zulrah will have all its 4 rotations with all phases included and of course with all the correct animations and drop tables!

For those who have never heard of this boss, click on the video below and go to 14:45. there you will see all rotations.

PS: if you don't like dubstep I suggest muting the video sound ;)

In the meantime I will try to add some small QoL updates if possible.

Cheers!

Tezey
Honor Player

Re: Introduction + new boss soon !

Post by Tezey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Good fight eco.

Looking forward to this, I haven't even tried this boss yet. Good luck!

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:50 pm

This would be a nice addition! Good luck with the coding.
ImageImage

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Are you going to be responsible for all zulrah related content? I think there is a lot of consideration that needs to be given to the blowpipe specifically. Has the potential to be a very op weapon since we have rigour, extreme ranges, and range ammy.

A few things I think would be good ideas:
Keep dragon darts very expensive (about 1m) - this will keep people from having ridiculous dps everywhere and most would use rune darts for pvm.
Slow the speed of blowpipe in pvp just like in osrs - 4 ticks on accurate, 3 ticks on rapid. So same speed as a magic shortbow in pvp.
Don't let chaos comp cape work with blowpipe as it would hit once every tick on rapid. Max hit would be around 40. This would be extremely overpowered.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 pm

I think it's hard for the coders to force a set price. What they could possibly do is making the dragon darts more rare of a drop from certain NPC's.
Adamthalion wrote:Are you going to be responsible for all zulrah related content? I think there is a lot of consideration that needs to be given to the blowpipe specifically. Has the potential to be a very op weapon since we have rigour, extreme ranges, and range ammy.

A few things I think would be good ideas:
Keep dragon darts very expensive (about 1m) - this will keep people from having ridiculous dps everywhere and most would use rune darts for pvm.
Slow the speed of blowpipe in pvp just like in osrs - 4 ticks on accurate, 3 ticks on rapid. So same speed as a magic shortbow in pvp.
Don't let chaos comp cape work with blowpipe as it would hit once every tick on rapid. Max hit would be around 40. This would be extremely overpowered.
ImageImage

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:49 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:I think it's hard for the coders to force a set price. What they could possibly do is making the dragon darts more rare of a drop from certain NPC's.
Yeah that's what I mean. Don't provide a massive source of them. They should be saved by people to use only in high risk pvp, or trying to out dps someone at endgame pvm. I think the source of the dart tips should also be consistent with osrs (dragon implings, KBD).

Also another note: Only unpoisoned darts can be loaded into blowpipe.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:31 am

Glad to see you working on the server Andres! Looking forward to the new content. Best of luck!
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Iron midas
Premium Donator

Post by Iron midas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:49 am

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:17 am

Looking forward to this!

I want this to be brought to attention:
From OSRS Wiki wrote:The toxic blowpipe is charged with Zulrah's scales; it cannot be equipped if it is uncharged, except when fully degraded while equipped. It uses unpoisoned darts as ammunition, and can hold up to 16,383 scales.
Currently all dragons are dropping dragon darts (p) (and lots of players bulked it since they thought they could be used for Zulrah later on) which you cannot use with the blowpipe, will you let us use the poisoned darts with the blowpipe giving poison damage and venom?

I see a few possible solutions to this:

A: Change all Dragon Darts (p) in the economy to regular Dragon Darts. (This was done with the occult necklaces)
B: Make the poison effect of the darts not work with the Blowpipe.
C: Leave it as is and change all the drop tables of dragons and other monsters who have the dragon darts (p) to dragon darts. (not the most favorable idea)
D: Let us have both Poison and Venom damage.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:25 am

Jonas wrote:Looking forward to this!

I want this to be brought to attention:
From OSRS Wiki wrote:The toxic blowpipe is charged with Zulrah's scales; it cannot be equipped if it is uncharged, except when fully degraded while equipped. It uses unpoisoned darts as ammunition, and can hold up to 16,383 scales.
Currently all dragons are dropping dragon darts (p) (and lots of players bulked it since they thought they could be used for Zulrah later on) which you cannot use with the blowpipe, will you let us use the poisoned darts with the blowpipe giving poison damage and venom?

I see a few possible solutions to this:

A: Change all Dragon Darts (p) in the economy to regular Dragon Darts. (This was done with the occult necklaces)
B: Make the poison effect of the darts not work with the Blowpipe.
C: Leave it as is and change all the drop tables of dragons and other monsters who have the dragon darts (p) to dragon darts. (not the most favorable idea)
D: Let us have both Poison and Venom damage.
I would go for C and probably you don't think it's the most favorable idea because A) you got them in bulk or B) you have the money to buy bulk from others. As said before, it shouldn't be a weapon that is used everywhere, i.e. the dragon darts have to be somewhat rare. Therefore all the other ideas you suggested except C are already working against that idea. C seems the best idea to me.