New developer system in use :)

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Ali
Honor Player

Re: New developer system in use :)

Post by Ali » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 am

Can 'Devs' change up client things, or just server-side

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 am

Mike wrote:
James wrote:Ugh, you had me hopeful that you actually wanted to boost PKing on the server for a short lived moment.

Remove ALL costs needed for curses. I can't stress how annoying it is to join a server called "Pkhonor" to log on and find that you have to invest a minimum of 15 hours to even be able to compete with the average PKer due to the extreme bonuses that curses offer over normal prayers.
Thank you, but no thank you. Making PK'ing more accessible, yes, given people everything for free, no. The removal of the initial unlock cost for curses is the biggest burden - gaining a couple hundred of points to keep your curses unlocked is relatively easy. Especially if you can kill a few folks.

You might as well suggest to give everyone a free Korasi's sword while we're at it.
Remove leech curses, they are only used to rag and ruin others experience. No legitimate pker actually use curses without the intention of ruining someones experience.

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 am

Very nice :thumbsup: can we expect more frequent updates, with new content? Now with extra helping hands.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:07 am

I actually remember suggesting giving everyone a free korasi :D

But that was before the extreme korasi buff.

Leech curses are needed for deep wildy pking otherwise the entire concept of curses is gone in deep wilderness.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:11 am

The underdog wrote:Leech curses are needed for deep wildy pking otherwise the entire concept of curses is gone in deep wilderness.
They absolutely are not, somehow loads of people deep pk on osrs with out curses. In fact, a higher percentage of osrs players engage in deep pking. Curses literally ruin deep pking, especially for solo pkers.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:25 am

Mike wrote:
James wrote:Ugh, you had me hopeful that you actually wanted to boost PKing on the server for a short lived moment.

Remove ALL costs needed for curses. I can't stress how annoying it is to join a server called "Pkhonor" to log on and find that you have to invest a minimum of 15 hours to even be able to compete with the average PKer due to the extreme bonuses that curses offer over normal prayers.
Thank you, but no thank you. Making PK'ing more accessible, yes, given people everything for free, no. The removal of the initial unlock cost for curses is the biggest burden - gaining a couple hundred of points to keep your curses unlocked is relatively easy. Especially if you can kill a few folks.

You might as well suggest to give everyone a free Korasi's sword while we're at it.
Lol...
Comparing free curses to free korasis...
Apple's and oranges dude. While what you say about getting points is true (easy to get) the whole goal was to improve pking for not only older players but newer players. Newer players are at a huge disadvantage from the start no matter what they do, this server forces them to spend hours to just get ready to pk, and a few more hours to be able to afford gear to pk (most of the common pking gear is over priced for our goals, and the point systems we have are flawed). People don't want to spend hours upon hours just to get ready to do things they can do in minutes on other servers. That's one major reason why we don't get many pkers/new pkers....

Babe
Wise One

Post by Babe » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:20 am

Rather than an UIM mode I'd rather have a Pking mode.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:18 am

Mike wrote:
Makin income wrote:Will people get their 3b and 3k pkp back
No, because the cost for unlocking endless Ancient curses remains the same. It's only the initial unlock cost for non-premium players that gets removed.
Counterret wrote:Great news, lets get shit going.
However, More iron man safety in wild is sad.
As Andres has stated, there will be even less safety in the wilderness now for Ironman Mode players. Players will be able to spawn bosses in certain areas in the wilderness for them alone, but they can be PK'ed. Therefore, it'll increase both PVM and PK'ing activity in the wilderness.
Oh, dope! my bad wasnt aware of that :thumbsup:

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Mike wrote:

The difference is Mike, people expect curses to be there and accessible from the start, they don't expect a free Korasi. Speaking from experience, I've joined pking servers in the past that have a lock on curses and when you go into the wild with your shitty Piety and someone smacks up SoulSplit and Turmoil you just leave and don't bother.

Now, I appreciate you can buy the curses temporarily but as it stands the fights aren't nearly common enough to sustain the points in order to use curses and make progress/profit whilst pking. (Progress meaning stacking PkP's to buy equipment and weapons in the store). I had temporary curses on my Turmoil Pure which could kill pures and voiders easily and quickly, even then I was making a measly amount of PkP's per hour.

I find it quite bewildering that you're persistent on having this block in place on curses, many people within the community and more importantly the pking community want curses to openly accessible to boost pking on the server but you shoot it down at any given chance, seems strange.

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Where do we post Developer Applications? :)