New developer system in use :)

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

New developer system in use :)

Post by Mike » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 am

I'm glad to announce that as of today, we have a working system for new developers to work on their own features and improvements on the server! Hooray!

Vcom has already started making use of this system. He is now able to fully debug and test his code on his own testserver, while having his code up-to-date at all times. At the time of this writing, he's working out a way to spawn instanced wilderness bosses for Ironman Mode players! Hopefully, this should not take longer than a couple of days to implement.

Of course, with a brand new system like this, there are bound to be a few minor bugs and tweaks that will need to happen in the future, but it works! Great times lie ahead - and much more content can be expected in weeks and months to come!

In further news, I've worked out several more changes to the server - most of which remain secret until the day of release - but will bring about positive changes to the several aspects of the server, including PK'ing.

I can say one thing: that this week you can expect the unlock cost for the Ancient Curses prayerbook to be removed!

Pim
Premium Donator

Re: New developer system in use :)

Post by Pim » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 am

Great news, lets get shit going.
However, More iron man safety in wild is sad.
Last edited by Pim on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 am

Mike wrote:I can say one thing: that this week you can expect the unlock cost for the Ancient Curses prayerbook to be removed!
Best update of the year.

Makin income

Post by Makin income » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 am

Will people get their 3b and 3k pkp back

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:43 am

Im on meth wrote:
Mike wrote:I can say one thing: that this week you can expect the unlock cost for the Ancient Curses prayerbook to be removed!
Best update of the year.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: so true

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 am

Nice, any news on Avatars?

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:13 am

Counterret wrote:Great news, lets get shit going.
Will be on regular height, and pkers will be able to kill iron men while pvming.
furthermore, instanced kbd area will be removed completely as well, so iron men won't be able to kill kbd safely anymore too.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 am

Makin income wrote:Will people get their 3b and 3k pkp back
No, because the cost for unlocking endless Ancient curses remains the same. It's only the initial unlock cost for non-premium players that gets removed.
Counterret wrote:Great news, lets get shit going.
As Andres has stated, there will be even less safety in the wilderness now for Ironman Mode players. Players will be able to spawn bosses in certain areas in the wilderness for them alone, but they can be PK'ed. Therefore, it'll increase both PVM and PK'ing activity in the wilderness.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 am

Ugh, you had me hopeful that you actually wanted to boost PKing on the server for a short lived moment.

Remove ALL costs needed for curses. I can't stress how annoying it is to join a server called "Pkhonor" to log on and find that you have to invest a minimum of 15 hours to even be able to compete with the average PKer due to the extreme bonuses that curses offer over normal prayers.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:47 am

James wrote:Ugh, you had me hopeful that you actually wanted to boost PKing on the server for a short lived moment.

Remove ALL costs needed for curses. I can't stress how annoying it is to join a server called "Pkhonor" to log on and find that you have to invest a minimum of 15 hours to even be able to compete with the average PKer due to the extreme bonuses that curses offer over normal prayers.
Thank you, but no thank you. Making PK'ing more accessible, yes, given people everything for free, no. The removal of the initial unlock cost for curses is the biggest burden - gaining a couple hundred of points to keep your curses unlocked is relatively easy. Especially if you can kill a few folks.

You might as well suggest to give everyone a free Korasi's sword while we're at it.