Client source upgrade - more than just a new look

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Okaytbh

Re: Client source upgrade - most than just a new look

Post by Okaytbh » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:25 am

You are awesome Mike, love what you're doing with the server
Image Wanna know a secret?
Spoiler: show
#DicksOutforHarambe!
:badjokeeel:

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:22 am

Thanks for the support everyone :thumbsup: *covers himself with glory*

Oh my god, the amount of changed object id's. Jagex did so much remodeling in those years that thousands upon thousands of objects now have different identifiers.

Examples: all bank booths, all runecrafting altars, most construction objects (but the doors, rugs and walls are still the same ID's, so at least we have that), also every single GWD object and definitely a load of others I haven't tested yet.
A lot of objects are still the same so a lot of the world really still works, but yeah. Maybe half, maybe less, not sure.

The bright side: I have a couple of ways to automate the whole process. Most objects are still in the same place but just have a different ID, so with the world map dumps I have of both our current and the new 07scape world map, I'll be able to run an automated search and easily replace most of them.

There are some exceptions, like the party room which moved to Falador :P and a couple others I'm not aware of. Players may have to figure some of them out on the testserver release. At least objects that don't work won't cause any bad glitches - they just won't work :P

Construction objects, since they're not an actual part of the world map but always spawned, I'll have to manually find all the replacement ID's, so that's a bit of a downer. I can only hope they kept the ID's packed together and not all over the place. No idea how much time will be spent on this, hopefully no longer than I spent on NPC's.
But at least I also found a menagerie and we can easily add that in the future, so that's kinda cool.

At least the items are entirely done now, including any missing or broken models (could have missed a couple broken models for items, but that's just a visual glitch, nothing too major). A lot of it already tested and found working, so there's that. Commands, item interaction, bank & GE interaction, items kept on death screen, shops, all seems smooth and flawless, at least so far.

After I've done the objects, still a couple interfaces to go (missed out on a couple before), then it's on to the auto-updater as final thing me thinks.

Alex
Premium Donator

Post by Alex » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:13 am

Great progress :thumbsup:

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Awesome work! Lets hope you get this done (No need to hurry). Can we get the hype up in here?!

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:59 pm

looking forward to this! :thumbsup: