Client source upgrade - more than just a new look

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Hayden
Elite

Re: Client source upgrade - most than just a new look

Post by Hayden » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:32 am

Jeremy wrote:looks awesome mike. one quick question: you've edited the code so that clan chats are only loaded as needed, why not do the same for grand exchange offers etc.?

I personally barely use the ge. would much rather buy and sell with a live person. If we can load when needed that should cut the time even more, correct?

Just something to think about! Thanks again, so excited for this new client!
Mike wrote: I've now rewritten them, so that only all active GE offers are loaded on server start

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:12 am

Hayden wrote:
Jeremy wrote:looks awesome mike. one quick question: you've edited the code so that clan chats are only loaded as needed, why not do the same for grand exchange offers etc.?

I personally barely use the ge. would much rather buy and sell with a live person. If we can load when needed that should cut the time even more, correct?

Just something to think about! Thanks again, so excited for this new client!
Mike wrote: I've now rewritten them, so that only all active GE offers are loaded on server start
Exactly :P I've already greatly reduced the amount of overheard the GE creates by only loading the active offers. Since all active offers need to be available (for other players & to search through), I can't reduce the amount of loaded offers any more than I already have ^^

Death purity
Honor Player

Post by Death purity » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:29 am

Mike wrote: While doing so, I decided to make a couple of other changes. For example, I decided to let the GE also keep track of how many 100M tickets you have put into it.
I've allowed the GE to accept 100M, 500M and 1B tickets and any 500M and 1B tickets you spend in the GE are automatically converted to 100M tickets (conversion is free anyway). When you withdraw at least 100M in coins, it'll automatically try to take the tickets you had put into it. When a sale happens on the GE (with a value of at least 100M for the whole transaction), it'll also transfer the appropriate amount of 100M tickets if possible. This also means I have removed the code that converts 1100M coin stacks to 1B tickets, instead the GE will always give the tickets and/or coins that were put into it in the first place (but it'll only give 100M tickets, no 500M or 1B tickets).

I also managed to improve the GE search function by grouping any offers for an item with the same price together. You can still easily distinguish your own offers from those of other

Great work mike!!!! Wish tha was done this morning! Lol I lost like 700m due to putting tickets in and gettig cash out.. But still it's done. Great work again! Keep up the amazingness u always do for everyone

Mike is it possible to click on the item in the buy or sell screens to buy or sell at that price?
#pkhonor #1devteam

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:31 am

Mike wrote:
Exactly :P I've already greatly reduced the amount of overheard the GE creates by only loading the active offers. Since all active offers need to be available (for other players & to search through), I can't reduce the amount of loaded offers any more than I already have ^^
What I'm saying is load them when someone clicks on the grand exchange. if I click 'see buy offers', load it for me then. No need to load it before then, right?

If you think the change wouldn't be significant or enough to lazy load it, I'll trust you :) you've certainly got more experience than I lol

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:45 am

Jeremy wrote:
Mike wrote:
What I'm saying is load them when someone clicks on the grand exchange. if I click 'see buy offers', load it for me then. No need to load it before then, right?

If you think the change wouldn't be significant or enough to lazy load it, I'll trust you :) you've certainly got more experience than I lol
i think that'd make it take a bit to open the ge every time you log in, easier just to take the extra seconds when client is opening or whatever since u wont notice it

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:27 am

Good job, Mike, can't wait for the new client upgrade :)

Hegemon lock
Premium Donator

Post by Hegemon lock » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Well I have been unable to play PkHonor because it scales way too small on my 4K screen, so feel free to release resizeable client ASAP.

Death purity
Honor Player

Post by Death purity » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:08 am

Hegemon lock wrote:Well I have been unable to play PkHonor because it scales way too small on my 4K screen, so feel free to release resizeable client ASAP.
Right click on desktop and go into personalize and change the screen resolution untill resizesable client comes out.

Mushroom tip

Post by Mushroom tip » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:17 am

Hegemon lock wrote:Well I have been unable to play PkHonor because it scales way too small on my 4K screen, so feel free to release resizeable client ASAP.
No one's missed you regardless

Skullsnipe
Premium Donator

Post by Skullsnipe » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:54 am

AAAHHHHH

I'm so excited!

Great work as always Mike, I can't wait for the full release :D