Client source upgrade

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Texey
Known Venturer

Re: Client source upgrade

Post by Texey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Texey wrote:New items doesn't mean better gameplay. I really enjoy it the way it is now, I played rs before any of these new items that were listed and therefore I don't understand them. I like the feeling of going back to when i used to play rs so I understand everything. I guess I'm the only one who don't want this to happend and therefore I have to live with these new updates.
The addition of new features made possible by the client upgrade is not guaranteed to happen. Again, depends on what the community wants. It's pretty pointless to vote on this now since we're still miles away from that.

The first step is simply upgrading the client, giving everyone improved stability, fullscreen mode etc. After that is done we can see which of the new NPC's / items the community wants. The source upgrade is already a colossal task by itself so let's not make it even harder by treating the source upgrade + all the potential features as one atomic update. One thing at a time k. ;)
Wouldn't it be best if we voted about this now so mike or someone else doesn't do anything unnecessary?
//Tezey

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:19 pm

No. Because so far not a single other person has said no
Credits to maurits for Signature

Pikachu
Honor Player

Post by Pikachu » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Any update on this?
ImageImage

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Texey wrote:Wouldn't it be best if we voted about this now so mike or someone else doesn't do anything unnecessary?
It would only be unnecessary if it turned out that the majority doesn't want the improve client (all in-game features aside), which doesn't appear to be the case judging by the reactions to this topic. It actually puts less pressure on us if the community doesn't run too far ahead of our development process. That way we can just focus on the task at hand without having to divert our attention to discussions about what may or may not be added several months from now. Hell, we don't even know for sure yet which of these features will be possible. At this point we're not even completely certain we'll be able to make this new client source compatible with our server. Discussing all of it now might just turn out to be a complete waste of time, not to mention get everyone's hopes up unnecessarily. ;)
Pikachu wrote:Any update on this?
No. As said before this is going to take a long time and there's not much to say about it until we actually get the client to work.

Sydney cole
Novice

Post by Sydney cole » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Pikachu wrote:Any update on this?